Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v St Neots

Well done on the win today.. Thought teams were very evenly matched except it appeared you boys wanted it more..

Have to disagree with Don Juan but I think with better refereeing you might have finished some players light as well, but thats opinions for you!

All is not lost for us Saints, long way to go yet and we will both drop more points on the way.

Hope you all enjoyed our hospitality and hope to see you next year in the prem..

again today the officials did their best, but unfortunatly really that was not quite good enough i lost count where the ref and his assistants were inconsistent with decisions and missed blatant conflaguration of the rules. however they could not ruin what was a good game a good atmosphere and great hospitality afforded to us by the players,staff and fans of st neots , they are a credit to their town and a credit to our league, if only some of the other teams in this league we play in could take a leaf from their book. many thanks st neots

Edited by HEAVY TRUCKER

Great game today every player gave it their all.

fought the ref was poor, the St Neots #3 should have been sent off for trying to kick seany in the face, also the #5 and another player were kickin seany in the stomach when he was on the floor just before se scored. also Logie was lucky not to have been booked, probably more things which I can't remeber.

We edged it but only because our defence gave them nothing.

St Neots have a great ground (hopefully ours will be similar) The food was great and the fans were great, very friendly and gracious in defeat. (same can't be said of many of the teams in this league).

MoM - the whole team. impossible to pick out an individual.

Got to keep up this pressure on St Neots as remember if they win their game in hand they go top on goal difference.

Fantastic match,Fantasic result and Fantsatic supporters on both sides.

Chris Sliski should be out of hospital at about 10 pm tonight, he has badly damaged ligaments and in considerable pain, he will also be on crutches for some time.

He will have to visit Wexham Park hospital fracture clinic on Monday for further checks.

Have to agree with those above, I am so proud to be a Rebel today.

We were amazing all over the pitch, such a great performance from the whole team, it is so hard to pick a man of the match. We gave them nothing at the back and defended so well as a team. Great header by Sean for the goal too. The subs were spot on, a great decision to change both the forwards and mix it up a bit, Anderson looked good again and should be given a decent chance on Tuesday.

The players gave everything today and it was great to see that they appreciated our support as much as we appreciated their efforts.

Very impressed with the setup at St Neots, and they were very welcoming and very nice in defeat. Great turnout from all the fans today, never thought I would see a 1000+ crowd in a regular season game. Well done to our support, it was brilliant to sing for the whole 90 including all those songs that we don't sing so much anymore. The St Neot's singing support were a bit disappointing as they pretty much did nothing after the first 20minutes.

Who knows what will happen from here, but it's going to be a great run in for the title. COYR!!

Also, best wishes to Chris S after his accident today.

the fans were great, very friendly and gracious in defeat. (same can't be said of many of the teams in this league).

Let's not forget to include ourselves from that. Think we, as supporters, can take a lot from the way the Saints fans conducted themselves post game. Hopefully, whichever of us doesn't get the title will follow the other up through the play offs.

just got back in, what a great day, great result and performance by the team. starting in the Weeping Ash and then then next door to the Pig and Falcon (excellant pub and staff) and then on to the ground, wethered the first 20mins and then only going to be on result. Fanastic support. Stopped off at Euston for a few more ales to finish a great day out.

Hope we can repeat the result now on Tuesday

Fantastic result and an all round gritty performance from the team.

First 15/20 minutes St Neots were on top and only some heroic defending and a couple of blinding saves from Warro kept St Neots out.

Gradually made in-roads into the game resulting in an excellent headed goal from Sean Sonner.

I thought Junior Konodu from St Neots was their main man and very pleased that as the game wore on he got deeper and deeper where to the point he was collecting the ball on the edge of their area. Certainly nullified his effect on the game.

Ref was handing out yellows like confetti then, for some reason, suddenly decided that two late tackles and a deliberate hand ball didn't warrent a yellow??

Big thanks to St Neots for their hospitality and good sportsmanship on the day. Just hope that we both get promoted because we both deserve it!

I appreciate that I don't get to as many matches as I used to, which means that the following statement needs to be taken with a little pinch of salt - but for me this was my best away day as a Rebel since the 9-0 thumping at AFC Wimbledon.

So many reasons to be proud today. Blood and guts effort from the players, fantastic turnout from the supporters in fine voice.

As much as this was a big result, it is important to remember it is only one match. The next game against NGU is more important now than today - no point in getting the win today if we don't follow up with 3 points on Tuesday night.

Clash of styles today IMO didnt make for a classic, thanks for the kind words about our club and its fans, sorry, but I had to get off home tonight, change of plans prevented a session in town. Obviously dissapointed, but pleased about the turnout and the respect shown to the Slough Fans.

Proper non league stuff :)

Awesome performance, the work ethic was immense. Defence beats attack and for me that is what it is all about. The game is played from the front and I wouldn't swap burnell sonner and owusu for anyone.

And finally Sliski is our leader, this one is for you Chris, get well soon!

Edited by Martin

Really great day, the game did not disappoint after all the pre match hype, although the ref did try his best to ruin it.

Really good to see both sets of fans enjoying the banter in such a friendly manner

I think the players reactions after the game says it all, and what this win means to them.

Funniest moment of the match was when a completely tanked up Nigel (Windsor Rebel) asked someone early on in the second half if the score was still nil nil.

Not one player had a bad game, and put everything into it, especially when we had our backs to the wall before we started.

Particularly as 30 seconds before scoring, Sonner had been deliberately stamped on by their number 5 in the 6 yard box.

i was convinced the linesman saw what was going on but seemingly ignored it. both assistants were almost scared to overule the ref and give what they saw. in a way that incident being missed was a good thing as seconds later Sonner got his own back in the best way possible grabbing that superb winner.