Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey to forfeit 3 Pts ?

Can't all the county websites have a page with all current suspensions on it?

Given the money they rake in from clubs, they could certainly afford it!

Nearly all County FA websites (those that follow the standard County layout) have a link to the central FA database that details suspensions etc. Trouble is, they are only as up to date as the Counties input allows - as with all website data - some are better than others at keeping up to date

Exactly... and the GFA did not process any paperwork for three weeks! So I cant see how the info would have been there until the paperwork had been processed by the full time County Secretary!

Just because they didn't process the paperwork HKP doesn't necessarily mean they didn't update the FA central database. Maybe Beano (County FA Official) can confirm whether the 2 exercises are linked?

Happy to, Smudge. ALL County FAs use an application called the "County Administration System" (CAS) for various aspects of managing the game, including suspensions. As has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, those County FAs who have the standard website have the suspended players information available on their websites. This is a national list meaning that someone could visit the Middlesex FA website and look at all suspensions from a specific division down to Step 4, or search for suspensions by club. or check by surname and date of birth.

However, the information will only appear online if it has been put input into CAS first, so if the suspension hasn't been processed by the relevant County FA, it won't show on the County Websites. Nor is it that easy to find in the current website layout, although this should be rectified by the start of next season - new County Websites are currently in development.

There are no "28 day bans" in adult football any more - match-based suspensions apply on the park as much as they do at the top level. At the same time as this change was made, the time between a sending-off occurring and the suspension starting was extended from 14 days to 21, to try and prevent clubs from falling foul of the rules.

While I would never presume to speak on behalf of anyone other than myself, I do know that, in Middlesex, a lot of effort was made to get these messages out to clubs and we published The FA Discipline Handbook on our website:

http://www.middlesexfa.com/NR/rdonlyres/AE56A224-03D9-4CE9-86AB-F13B3FD3F9EE/0/FADisciplineHandbook201112Season.pdf

The issue here is that the player was dual-registered to a local club as well as Guernsey FC. Once he was dismissed, his ban would have started three weeks later, whether the paperwork was done or not, as per the Discipline Handbook. The Northerners Secretary would have known the player had been sent off - a simple phone call from him to the Secretary of GFC would have avoided the whole thing, as would the player telling his manager at GFC that he'd been red-carded.

Contrary to popular belief, the raison d'etre of County FAs is not to relieve clubs of as much money as possible. All County FAs are not-for-profit organisations and any surplus they might generate goes back to the clubs, either in cost savings (Middlesex FA have not raised affiliation fees for nine years, for example) or through other initiatives. Money also goes into developing football for those who might otherwise not have an opportunity to play, such as people with disabilities.

It is worth pointing out that all County FAs are different and some have more staff than others. While it is unfortunate that the GFA did not process disciplinary paperwork for three weeks, there must have been a reason for that.

Thanks for that, the silence from the GFA is quite worrying. I'm eager to find out the truth so this does not happen again.

My guess is it wasn't on CAS as the paperwork hadnt been processed. We don't know when it was, all we know is that the clubs got it on Monday. I suspect it was done on the Saturday or the Sunday. We still have 6 day a week post deliveries so had it been done by late Friday then it would have been delivered on Saturday. You can post something up to 6am at the main post office and it will still go out the same day.

GFC should take credit for owning up and taking the punishment on the chin.

Thanks for that, the silence from the GFA is quite worrying. I'm eager to find out the truth so this does not happen again.

My guess is it wasn't on CAS as the paperwork hadnt been processed. We don't know when it was, all we know is that the clubs got it on Monday. I suspect it was done on the Saturday or the Sunday. We still have 6 day a week post deliveries so had it been done by late Friday then it would have been delivered on Saturday. You can post something up to 6am at the main post office and it will still go out the same day.

GFC should take credit for owning up and taking the punishment on the chin.

GFC would have been given even more credit by me if the club chairman had not publically tried to shed most of the blame on to another party. None of the parties involved come out of this affair very well but the buck stops with the club secretary.

But would it if the paperwork was not processed at the time its possible that the info would not have been on the Database when he checked?

Edited by HKP

If I'm not mistaken, looking at the table the league could still be done and dusted by the time we play Bedfont.

If we beat Bookham then we will be a minimum of 9pts clear with 3 games to go.

Barring a 47 goal turn around in goal difference of course! :lol:

16th March 2012 P W D L F A GD PTS

Guernsey -3 30 27 1 2 117 21 96 79 Bedfont Sports 30 23 4 3 74 25 49 73 Hartley Wintney 27 18 6 3 78 32 46 60 Warlingham 28 16 5 7 61 39 22 53 Eversley 28 17 4 7 71 44 27 52 Spelthorne Sports 27 14 7 6 59 39 20 49 Staines Lammas 27 16 1 10 58 39 19 49

Sorry I may be mistaken, the league tables may not have taken the 3 points off of Guernsey yet.

Correct - Guernsey are on 79 points and Bedfont are on 73 so effectively, if my calcualtions are correct, worst case scenario is that Guernsey need 85 points to guarantee the title. If we beat bookham, then a draw or win when we play Bedfont would suffice.

Hope we can pack the Lane for this one! 2,000 people would make for a great atmosphere, plus the Travelling Green Army are coming over!

Yeah and Bookham this week,when the Guernsey F.C. Squad,will be very depleted due to the Muratti Cup game against Alderney.What foresight indeed?

And aren't Jethou playing Herm ?

Yeah and Bookham this week,when the Guernsey F.C. Squad,will be very depleted due to the Muratti Cup game against Alderney.What foresight indeed?

And aren't Jethou playing Herm ?

Yes, and when they say the subs have fleeces on, they don't mean sweaters!

The GFA accounced today that Secretary Mike Kinder has resigned to pursure coaching interests... Hopefully he might have caught up with his paperwork before he goes!

Congratulations to Angus Mackay (GFC player too) who has been appointed to the position of Football Development Officer for Guernsey.