Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey to forfeit 3 Pts ?

Is the punishment a 3 point deduction for EACH offence, if so 11 ringers would be 11 offences and a 33 point punishment ?

More likely though is that the management committee would hold a special meeting and deal out what they deem to be an appropriate punishment taking into account the severity of the offence which I'm sure wouldn't disadvantage the non-guilty team !

In answer to the question about clubs' honesty I believe all the points deductions this season have come about when clubs have notified the league of any discretion rather than vice-versa. We voluntarily suspended a player for the correct games earlier in the season following a sending-off for which no paperwork was received from the county FA - in fact any secretary who has read the new rules for this season will know the emphasis is on them to do so or face the subsequent consequences which almost certainly would include an extended ban for the player, a fine for the club and, once reported by the county FA to the league, possible points deductions for any games which the player took part in whilst suspended.

Here is the League rule covering. The League can levy "penalty" points as well as deduct any points gained from the match, in which case the offending team can end up with less points than they started.

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER

Any Club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player’s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in default.

So when was the last replayed game,who were the last offended team awarded points,under this rule?

And then there is West Ham and the nonsense regarding the "ownership" of Carlos Tevez. They managed to stay in the Prem owing to his winner at Old Trafford. Coupled with Sheffield United's last game defeat to Wign, this resulted with The Blades going down. Sure, West Ham were hit with a fine but no points deduction.

I await the outcry from East London should Portsmouth go into liquidation before the season's end and subsequently lose 6 points.

There is such an inconsistency in the way the game is administered from the highest to the lowest levels. If a player gets sent off in a park game, the ban is something like 28 days. Bans adminsitered in County Cup competitions can be even more draconian. Where is the fairness or consistency in this?

Another example. Swindon Town won a play off final to gain promotion to the top flight. They were found guilty of illegal payments to players and were relegated to the 3rd tier. On appeal, this was reduced to relegation to the 2nd tier. Not so long after, Tottenham were found guilty of exactly the same thing. They were hit with a fine and a points deduction. This was appealed and the points deduction became suspended. WHERE IS THE CONSISTENCY?

As I said earlier, Guernsey were open and honest and informed the CCL as soon as they became aware and great credit should be given for this. Weeble's example poses an interesting conundrum. Obviously the 3 point deduction would be worthless owing to the goal difference. What then? Award a 2-0 win to the offended team? What if the goal difference before the game was +5? A 2 goal swing would still not be enough of a punishment.

Therefore, I propose a 4 point deduction in addition to the loss of any points gained from the match in question. This would also cater for clubs who are 3 points ahead and either win or draw with ringers or inelligible players taking part in the match. A potential 7 point deficit should focus the minds a little bit more as well as acting as a fairly good deterrent.

Ed,The rule regarding previous Days Bans was changed this year.All teams now have Match Bans,including Sunday Football.

Can't all the county websites have a page with all current suspensions on it?

Given the money they rake in from clubs, they could certainly afford it!

Dream on Chris,something so simple.How would they manage with the loss of Revenue streamed from Clubs,who break the Rules,it is 2012 but alas the F.A's still working in the Dark Ages.How about the C.C.L. doing it?

Is the punishment a 3 point deduction for EACH offence, if so 11 ringers would be 11 offences and a 33 point punishment ?

More likely though is that the management committee would hold a special meeting and deal out what they deem to be an appropriate punishment taking into account the severity of the offence which I'm sure wouldn't disadvantage the non-guilty team !

In answer to the question about clubs' honesty I believe all the points deductions this season have come about when clubs have notified the league of any discretion rather than vice-versa. We voluntarily suspended a player for the correct games earlier in the season following a sending-off for which no paperwork was received from the county FA - in fact any secretary who has read the new rules for this season will know the emphasis is on them to do so or face the subsequent consequences which almost certainly would include an extended ban for the player, a fine for the club and, once reported by the county FA to the league, possible points deductions for any games which the player took part in whilst suspended.

Here is the League rule covering. The League can levy "penalty" points as well as deduct any points gained from the match, in which case the offending team can end up with less points than they started.

Any Club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player’s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in default.

So when was the last replayed game,who were the last offended team awarded points,under this rule?

Doesn't allow for awarding points Smudge, just deducting points from offenders. Points can only be awarded for games not played.

See, once again Guernsey show the rest how to do things as this is publically available on the GFA website. Worth a look, covers all football too, but not that up to date as the ban for Luis Suarez is still showing..... :)

http://www.guernseyf...ne/Suspensions/

Here is Bedfont Sports.

Please note that the disclaimer saying info not guaranteed to be up to date.

post-8310-0-26216400-1331295388_thumb.png

Edited by HKP

Whose saying it was there then? Paperwork not received until Monday...

Cannot for the life of me,understand how a Guernsey Player can play when banned.All that was needed surely was 1 phone call to check with the Guernsey F.A.Or maybe taking a leisurely stroll around to their Offices and asking personally.It's not a Big Island after all.

The Board
may
also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in default.

The key word Smudge is "may" and thanks for pointing out that it is now match bans rather than of a time duration.

Shot yourself in the foot,little big man.So how come Kieron Mahon's 2 match ban was not noticed?Are you saying Mr. Le Tissier was negligent,in not looking at the Wonderful new innovation,started by Guernsey F.A.

My reason for pointing to this site which is of course in the Public Domain was to show how things could be done by other County FA's and also to hopefully stop another club falling foul of the rule. I could be selfish and kept this to myself, but some of us are capable of seeing the bigger picture.

Edited by HKP

Cannot for the life of me,understand how a Guernsey Player can play when banned.All that was needed surely was 1 phone call to check with the Guernsey F.A.Or maybe taking a leisurely stroll around to their Offices and asking personally.It's not a Big Island after all.

You can say the same about any player for any club at any level that has dome the same!

It was a week ago now, GFC owned up to it straight away and will take their punishment. End of and lets all move on from it!!

Nearly all County FA websites (those that follow the standard County layout) have a link to the central FA database that details suspensions etc. Trouble is, they are only as up to date as the Counties input allows - as with all website data - some are better than others at keeping up to date

Edited by Green_Fingers

We in this Football World,are not Novices H.K.P.We have had the technology a lot longer than you Islanders.The problem with Websites is never believe what you read,unless of course it is on this site,that can be taken as Gospel.Unless of course it is a post by you.You are still wet behind the ears,and are still wearing L.PLATES

Err, I said the info cant be always trusted....

I never said anyone was Novices, if your so bloody clever how come you never thought of checking the GFA or indeed any other county site?

Was I meant to check each and every county site to see if they offer the same info?

I am new to some of this and always eager to learn more. Why cant you be a little bit more civil?

You can say the same about any player for any club at any level that has dome the same!

It was a week ago now, GFC owned up to it straight away and will take their punishment. End of and lets all move on from it!!

Maybe we could talk about your appearance for Westfield last week,when they got back to winning ways.Was glad to see it myself,because you are a Decent Keeper.

Nearly all County FA websites (those that follow the standard County layout) have a link to the central FA database that details suspensions etc. Trouble is, they are only as up to date as the Counties input allows - as with all website data - some are better than others at keeping up to date

Exactly... and the GFA did not process any paperwork for three weeks! So I cant see how the info would have been there until the paperwork had been processed by the full time County Secretary!

Edited by HKP

Exactly... and the GFA did not process any paperwork for three weeks! So I cant see how the info would have been there until the paperwork had been processed by the full time County Secretary!

Just because they didn't process the paperwork HKP doesn't necessarily mean they didn't update the FA central database. Maybe Beano (County FA Official) can confirm whether the 2 exercises are linked?

Just checked Mitoo,Combined Counties.As well as Refs disappearing from view,can no longer find Suspended Players.Does anyone know who supplies Mitoo with their information.Is it Individual Clubs re Goalscorers,Results,Suspensions etc.Does anyone know?

Dream on Chris,something so simple.How would they manage with the loss of Revenue streamed from Clubs,who break the Rules,it is 2012 but alas the F.A's still working in the Dark Ages.How about the C.C.L. doing it?

Have to say, Chris, my thoughts - EXACTLY !

West Ham never actually boke any rules - they were fined for not telling the truth about certain documents. The CE then Scott Duxbury lied. It's an absolute scandal that Shef United managed to sue as according to our current owners now Gold and Sullivan they wouldnt have had a leg to stand on if they were in charge according to their legal team.