Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey to forfeit 3 Pts ?

Thanks for that G.F.So what are standard F.A Rules for County F.A.'s contacting Clubs regarding suspensions.Because my take on the matter is that it should be before the Ban is too take place,by Letter.Which in this case did not happen.Grounds for Appeal surely.Guernsey f.c. cannot be mind readers,or can they?

I think the GFA need to answer why they did not process ANY paperwork for three weeks. That cannot be right for any County Associaion.

What I cant believe is that after seeing Mahon was in the squad nobody from the GFA twigged it would be a problem. I know its not their responsibility to tell clubs, but in exceptional circumstances lile this, when they have not processed any paperwork for three weeks then surely they should?

As the League Management met last night, be interesting to know what they decided.

The details would not be on the GFA site, as far as I recall it would be on the national FA database.... however as the GFA had not processed the paperwork how would it have been there?

Edited by HKP

Thanks for that G.F.So what are standard F.A Rules for County F.A.'s contacting Clubs regarding suspensions.Because my take on the matter is that it should be before the Ban is too take place,by Letter.Which in this case did not happen.Grounds for Appeal surely.Guernsey f.c. cannot be mind readers,or can they?

I understand the rules are that suspensions automatically begin 21 days from the date of the offence - no need for paperwork to confirm although most County FA's issue weekly bulletins to their Leagues detailing latest cases and dates of suspensions, fines etc. Bans for 2 yellow card offences are not normally open to appeal. It should be common knowledge that bans take effect 21 days after offence

I understand the rules are that suspensions automatically begin 21 days from the date of the offence - no need for paperwork to confirm although most County FA's issue weekly bulletins to their Leagues detailing latest cases and dates of suspensions, fines etc. Bans for 2 yellow card offences are not normally open to appeal. It should be common knowledge that bans take effect 21 days after offence

No, I know you cannot Appeal 2 yellows.More Appeal the late decision by the Guernsey F.A.THEY HAVE BEEN LAX in their handling of the case,just common courtesy to inform Clubs by letter prior to any punishment.The winners again for doing nought,are the C.C.L.

No, I know you cannot Appeal 2 yellows.More Appeal the late decision by the Guernsey F.A.THEY HAVE BEEN LAX in their handling of the case,just common courtesy to inform Clubs by letter prior to any punishment.The winners again for doing nought,are the C.C.L.

There wasn't a "late decision" by GFA. Getting booked twice in the match was the players fault. Not knowing / implementing the rules was the players / Clubs fault. Both will have known in advance that the player was automatically banned 21 days later. It shouldn't need a piece of paper to reconfirm basics. Not saying the GFA don't look shabby in this instance, but it's not their fault and there's nothing to appeal.

Ultimately, if the players only trained and played for GFC, it would be a lot easier to keep tabs on their activities throughout the season, but I do understand the wish to play at other clubs when they are not selected for the team.

I also believe that players do not necessarily know all of the rules in the FA handbook.and should be guided by their respective authorities as to appropriate action. However, as stated previously, I hope and pray that this is a lesson learned, and that everyone concerned with this breakdown in communications will be a lot more vigilant in the future, and this does not happen again.

So why have they (GFA) sent out notices in the past?

Why no paper processing for three weeks and then magically two days after this game the paperwork is received.

The GFC squad was listed in the Press before the game and the GFA could have easily avoided any of this happening by someone contacting the club secretary out of decency..but I think the GFA wanted GFC to end up with egg on their face after the incident.

I know that this may seem like a basic question, but did at no point the player mention that he had been sent off recently in a game so that alarm bells must have rung somewhere for somebody. Or was he just under the misconception that the red card he received just didn't apply to GFC games? Although GFC have put out a long and well thought out statement, I think a large majority stands with the player as, like on the pitch, communication is key.

Some suggestion of not sure of the dates, plus probably waiting for paperwork from GFA, as has happened previously.