Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC

Have to say I don't understand the animosity towards Wanderers and I congratulate them on their third place finish. Wouldn't have a problem at all with them joining the CCL. Maybe one day we'll have some proper derby games to look forward to.

Thank you Trevor.

I, personally, don't have any animosity against them or any other club, as most people who know me from Meadowbank will testify.

Just to prove a point that I am NOT stirring, as has been suggested, and for Padlocks delictation.....

http://www.molevalle...ID=MO/2012/0052

Interesting, although as far as I can tell it doesn't say they can only use them for training. It just appears to say they can't use them at the same time as the training lights are used. I don't think the restrictions are that unusual, placates the NIMBY's to a certain extent.

Edit - thinking about it they are only allowed to use them between 7 & 10pm, so they would still have to stick to early KO's on winter Saturday afternoons.

Edited by TRS

Of course, the difference between you and NG is that you have offered some evidence, SurreysFinest. We all know that the situation can change in football from week to week, never mind over a couple of years, so while that doesn't prove anything it makes your argument stronger, in my view, than the typical NG approach, because you had something to back up your comment with.

Beano mock as you will, but from many years of experience (more than you) at CCL, Ryman and Conference levels you get to know alot of people, managers, players etc.,

SF, Egham have always had a decent budget and you are correct its around £1000 a week but understand with Egham that if they are not in contention to win anything they cut the budget which is a wise thing to do, but with that it may cause a loss of players. Egham are certainly in the top bracket of CCL payers and if TW knows his stuff then he will be aware of this. Explain to me Beano what the difference is, whilst I explain to you all the likes of Windsors and others budget no club has either agreed or denied my comments to this day. Of course that is their prerogative, so I can do the same upon where I get my sources from.

If you notice, I have only mentioned clubs who have the best budget in the CCL Prem and again to this day there are no denials.

As for Guernsey, I have again explained and just wondered where their @ 91k (so far) gate receipts excluding overheads goes to,? In my opinion it goes towards the management and player budget if not they have a very healthy bank balance so good luck to them !

Tell you what TW ask your Chairman/Manager how much Egham are paying each week and ask for honesty, then come back to me. ........You don't have to say the amount.

Yours truly Troll (apparently........ ;) )

............Beano you muppett, stay on your own site and please do what it says on the can and STIK to it ......... :P !!!.

Having managed Egham for just over 2 years I can assure you the budget was know we're near a £1000 a week !

Have to say I don't understand the animosity towards Wanderers and I congratulate them on their third place finish. Wouldn't have a problem at all with them joining the CCL. Maybe one day we'll have some proper derby games to look forward to.

Thank you Trevor.

I, personally, don't have any animosity against them or any other club, as most people who know me from Meadowbank will testify.

Just to prove a point that I am NOT stirring, as has been suggested, and for Padlocks delictation.....

Interesting, although as far as I can tell it doesn't say they can only use them for training. It just appears to say they can't use them at the same time as the training lights are used. I don't think the restrictions are that unusual, placates the NIMBY's to a certain extent.

2. The floodlights hereby permitted shall not be illuminated except between the hours of 1900 and 2200 from 1 October to 30 April and on no more than 20 occasions within this period. The floodlights hereby permitted and the adjacent training lights shall at no time be illuminated simultaneously.

Looks good to me......thanks for highlighting that JR.

You're not DFC's legal adviser are you?

good luck to Dorking Wanderers I for one hope they get the ground grading necessary and come into the CCL, we've had a couple of pre season friendlies against them over the past few years and they're a good bunch

Thank you Trevor.

2. The floodlights hereby permitted shall not be illuminated except between the hours of 1900 and 2200 from 1 October to 30 April and on no more than 20 occasions within this period. The floodlights hereby permitted and the adjacent training lights shall at no time be illuminated simultaneously.

Looks good to me......thanks for highlighting that JR.

You're not DFC's legal adviser are you?

Saturday's??? 2-5pm? Just curious like?

Extra time midweek cup games???

Edited by Chris Clapham

We don't make a habit & as much as possible stay away from forum debates that involve our club on a sensitive level just as we would never be interested in reverse, we have a mutual respect for all the hard working individuals that work endlessly behind the scenes to help non league football progress.

Had to make an exception here though, whilst i really appreciate the support of the local clubs (& many other CCL sides that know us) i would like to say that from our perspective we have only a general respect for Dorking FC & I would not let the comments of 1 individual represent the club, in actual fact in my opinion it's probably individuals like that (every club has had them) that can hold clubs back on many levels, i could name 3/4 people at Dorking FC that are fantastic local people having dedicated years to the town's Senior football side for nothing more than a 'thank you'

For the record i have made it public consumption for many years & will again that we would always be interested in a shared lease at DFC or indeed 'buying' them out, we feel we have the commercial awareness & infrastructure to completely rejuvenate the site which remains in one of the best locations (town centre) in Non League Football, we also have a pretty impressive on the field record as well.

It's incredible that anyone would want to reference some of the comments posted above knowing (as i do) the massive amount of work & sensitivities that have been in progress for over 2 years & also that they have just been concluded successfully. When you bare in mind that when we went to our current venue 6 years ago it did not have one building, no water or even electricty it's dissapointing to read. I myself alongside other key club members have worked tirelessly to get what we have got, we are not looking for praise or violins, just a mutual appreciation, luckily 90% of people we speak to have an appreciation of the bigger picture & what we have done.

I won't comment on anything else as it would be infringing on processes in place elsewhere & it's place is certainly not a forum.

Additionally i will not respond to any questions or baiting (if any) from anyone on the above message, as i said before it's not often i would get involved in posting on public domains so consider this a one off!

Thanks again for all the congratulations messages i recieved today for top 3 being gained, having just played Lammas in Premier Cup & knowing many clubs in the CCL it's definately full of decent people,

Regards

Marc White

Chairman/Manager/Kitman/Waterboy

Dorking Wanderers FC

if there are people willing to take the club over, look after the owners, and move the club forward then that would be great.

it needs a lot of cash too.

if there is somone in this position and theyve approached dfc limited without success perhaps they should go a bit more public?

Most business would sell for around 5/7 times the average annual profits.

Happy to pay that and take it off the owners hands.

I doubt that works in football though APM.

possibly two sides from a smallish market town in ccl prem.

Leatherhead in the ryman a few miles away.

These are the clubs looking for players supporters and business support within our area. I realise South Park is close but I wouldnt count them as rivals for commercial or supporter backing.

Can it work?

Does it need to be unpleasant in any way? I hope not.

Again well done to Wanderers and thanks for your post Marc. I feel sure most football supporters in the town wish Wanderers well and are impressed with whats been achieved.

Thanks for the honest up-date, Marc.

May I just say again, I have no animosity to you personally, Dorking Wanderers or any other football club.

As to your question, Sneaky - No I am NOT DFC's legal advisor, though we do have two. One employed, (obviously), and one in-house, so to speak.

As APM will doubtless confirm, I did take a very keen interest in the procedeings at three County Courts when the local authority, in their infinite wisdom, decided to take the Club to court over lease issues a few years ago.

Shall we leave it there ?

Edited by Big J R

NG, Beano, SurreysFinest - no, I don't know the budget at Egham Town FC. It is none of my business. I did not quote any figure and nor can I. It is NG and SurreysFinest bandying sums of about £1k per week for a club that barely gets three figure attendances. (You watch, some clever dick will interpret this as us only getting attendances of 3.) What is being said here is that we have "bought" our third place. It may be true; I have no idea if it is or not. Also, I have no idea who bankrolls Guildford or Windsor, and I don't give a monkey's toss about how Guernsey, or any other club in the entire world, finance themselves. Provided such funding is legal, decent and honest it is nobody's business but those involved in the administration of said club and the relevant governmental authorities. NG's comment is still crap, and is still unproven, and he (still ridiculously hiding behind his utterly unworthy self-administered title) knows that he cannot come up with any hard, verifiable evidence to support his groundless and futile speculation. Come on NG, put up or shut the [****!!****] up.

Oh, Smudge, so Beano is not allowed to comment just because he is at Ashford? Twat.

you pay your players all that money with a crowd of 3 !!! doing well then Tempestward :)

NG, Beano, SurreysFinest - no, I don't know the budget at Egham Town FC. It is none of my business. I did not quote any figure and nor can I. It is NG and SurreysFinest bandying sums of about £1k per week for a club that barely gets three figure attendances. (You watch, some clever dick will interpret this as us only getting attendances of 3.) What is being said here is that we have "bought" our third place. It may be true; I have no idea if it is or not. Also, I have no idea who bankrolls Guildford or Windsor, and I don't give a monkey's toss about how Guernsey, or any other club in the entire world, finance themselves. Provided such funding is legal, decent and honest it is nobody's business but those involved in the administration of said club and the relevant governmental authorities. NG's comment is still crap, and is still unproven, and he (still ridiculously hiding behind his utterly unworthy self-administered title) knows that he cannot come up with any hard, verifiable evidence to support his groundless and futile speculation. Come on NG, put up or shut the [****!!****] up.

Oh, Smudge, so Beano is not allowed to comment just because he is at Ashford? Twat.

you pay your players all that money with a crowd of 3 !!! doing well then Tempestward :)

No the Chairman is doing well Krooonnntz....... ;) !!!

I believe that having competition between local clubs is a great thing.

I really don't think godalming town fc would of gig their act together and progressed the way they have if it was not afc Guildford ( now Guildford city ) coming along. It can bring focus and goals to be made as you don't want to be left behind.

Marc has done a great job at wonderers and infact so gave people at dorkIng fc. If it was not for them being there say in day out and giving their time for nothing then there would be one less club for local players to play.

Not saying a agree how the club is run but I am sure they really don't give a monkeys what I think any way :)

Happy to come out of retirement jr if it helps dorking fc!

Wouldn't say that Westfied are a club that has progressed. Founder members of the CCL in 1978 !

I think Woking would have still got their act together late 80s early 90s as they did even if Guildford City were still about

i doubt Westfield would have had the recent ground improvements if Woking fc was a part time ryman 1 club without the big stand

I doubt Woking's support would have picked up so much if Guildford hadnt put around 1500 supporters at a loose end saturdays when they folded.