Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC

NG, Beano, SurreysFinest - no, I don't know the budget at Egham Town FC. It is none of my business. I did not quote any figure and nor can I. It is NG and SurreysFinest bandying sums of about £1k per week for a club that barely gets three figure attendances. (You watch, some clever dick will interpret this as us only getting attendances of 3.) What is being said here is that we have "bought" our third place. It may be true; I have no idea if it is or not. Also, I have no idea who bankrolls Guildford or Windsor, and I don't give a monkey's toss about how Guernsey, or any other club in the entire world, finance themselves. Provided such funding is legal, decent and honest it is nobody's business but those involved in the administration of said club and the relevant governmental authorities. NG's comment is still crap, and is still unproven, and he (still ridiculously hiding behind his utterly unworthy self-administered title) knows that he cannot come up with any hard, verifiable evidence to support his groundless and futile speculation. Come on NG, put up or shut the [****!!****] up.

Oh, Smudge, so Beano is not allowed to comment just because he is at Ashford? Twat.

Edited by tempestward

NG, Beano, SurreysFinest - no, I don't know the budget at Egham Town FC. It is none of my business. I did not quote any figure and nor can I. It is NG and SurreysFinest bandying sums of about £1k per week for a club that barely gets three figure attendances. (You watch, some clever dick will interpret this as us only getting attendances of 3.) What is being said here is that we have "bought" our third place. It may be true; I have no idea if it is or not. Also, I have no idea who bankrolls Guildford or Windsor, and I don't give a monkey's toss about how Guernsey, or any other club in the entire world, finance themselves. Provided such funding is legal, decent and honest it is nobody's business but those involved in the administration of said club and the relevant governmental authorities. NG's comment is still crap, and is still unproven, and he (still ridiculously hiding behind his utterly unworthy self-administered title) knows that he cannot come up with any hard, verifiable evidence to support his groundless and futile speculation. Come on NG, put up or shut the [****!!****] up.

Oh, Smudge, so Beano is not allowed to comment just because he is at Ashford? Twat.

Its certainly not numbers thru' Eghams gate that pays the players/management budget, its their chairman that fronts it.

Its crap eh ! Well as stated TW, in fear of me being right ;) , and with you being associated with a club (an official ?) for such a long time, you cannot go and ask your hire and fire chairman or manager what Egham's budget is.....again I repeat you don't have to tell us the amount ! You can even PM me.........

I will accept your apology :rolleyes: !

You'll get jack shi* in the way of an apology from me. You now seem to be claiming that you know how the club is run. I have been a life member of Egham Town for ages, but I am not an officer, and have not been almost as long. You know nothing, you snipe from the wings and you don't have the balls to tell us who you are.

Tell me, how do, for example, Sheerwater or South Kilburn or Badshot Lea finance their club? They get even less through the gate than we do. Who bankrolls them, or indeed any number of clubs, league or non-league, whose attendances do not cover expenses?

As far as Pat Bennett being a hire and fire chairman, let's agree on that. For the comfort of other users of this site I hope that this thread ends now, but not if you keep spouting crap about Egham Town FC. By the way, to clear up an earlier comment, I watched my first game at Egham in 1970. I was 10 years old. I was hooked. I know what loyalty to a club is all about, unlike you.

rightly so but if u had more of the local public following ya and more interested that would generate more than enough cash, rather than go down and watch the other local teams. im sure the chairman knows what hes doing tho :mellow:

So reading between the lines of your last few posts. stirrer, we at DFC are now convinced you must be a Dorking Nomads man. (Nomads, as in,wanderer for the un-educated.)

Nice to see you got planning permission for your flood-lights. I just hope everyone knows the restrictions you have been given on their use. (without going into too much detail, limited use, two evenings a week maximum for around an hour and a half a time which must restrict to training use only).

Don't forget who lives just across the rail tracks in Westhumble ! A man with power and NOT a lover of football !

Cryptic, or what ??

rightly so but if u had more of the local public following ya and more interested that would generate more than enough cash, rather than go down and watch the other local teams. im sure the chairman knows what hes doing tho :mellow:

So reading between the lines of your last few posts. stirrer, we at DFC are now convinced you must be a Dorking Nomads man. (Nomads, as in,wanderer for the un-educated.)

Nice to see you got planning permission for your flood-lights. I just hope everyone knows the restrictions you have been given on their use. (without going into too much detail, limited use, two evenings a week maximum for around an hour and a half a time which must restrict to training use only).

Don't forget who lives just across the rail tracks in Westhumble ! A man with power and NOT a lover of football !

Cryptic, or what ??

Big JR, that is a pretty cheap shot.

You are guessing which club Wooden Spoon is with, but you openly affiliate yourself with Dorking FC on this forum and represent them. So is this DFC's official response to another club installing floodlights? "You at DFC" seem to fear another local club progressing and by the looks of things want to cause them as much trouble as possible.

Comments like this give your club bad name and if they reflect the underlying attitude of the committee then I think you have a whole lot more to fear than just another local side.

'Sneaky' and 'Spoon'. eh ? Just about says it all.

Our 'problems', as you put it are definitely NOT with any other football club, local or otherwise, but with a well known national supermarket chain and their involvement with third-parties..

Lets ask Dorking Wanderers a very simple question..............

When they were inspected last week tell us what grade you were given ?

I believe it is been clasified as ungraded at the moment therefore fails to meet current step 5 or 6 requirements which utimately means a return to park football ???????

Of course I maybe misinformed................................

Big JR,

I wouldn't be worried about my username, school nicknames stick unlike yours which I have no doubt you have grown into.

I have no idea who Spoon is, he was clearly trying to wind you up and you have bitten and shown real bitterness in your response. No-one has mentioned a supermarket apart from you, you just fancied having a cheap pop at Wanderers.

I've watched both yourselves and Wanderers a number of times this season, I don't know about Wanderers planning constraints or terms of use for their floodlights and frankly I don't care.

What I can't understand is how you as a representative of Dorking FC seem to openly want to cause trouble for your neighbours on an open forum for everyone to read. I can't believe the bitterness of your response, when actually Wanderers should be applauded for the amount of hard work and fund raising that has gone into the development of their facilities.

Regardless of any conditions they may or may not have I hope they continue to progress and devlop as the FA are promoting.

well put sneaky i like that response if the members at d.fc actually concentrated on running the club properly instead of being more interested in others they would be a half decent club. goes to show with there league positions last couple of years should be cc1 in my opinion. poor facilities that never get updated pitch a disgrace (linemarking,mounds and poor drainage) and an absolute pig sty out the back. which i think the council are monitoring lol

Big JR,

I wouldn't be worried about my username, school nicknames stick unlike yours which I have no doubt you have grown into.

I have no idea who Spoon is, he was clearly trying to wind you up and you have bitten and shown real bitterness in your response. No-one has mentioned a supermarket apart from you, you just fancied having a cheap pop at Wanderers.

I've watched both yourselves and Wanderers a number of times this season, I don't know about Wanderers planning constraints or terms of use for their floodlights and frankly I don't care.

What I can't understand is how you as a representative of Dorking FC seem to openly want to cause trouble for your neighbours on an open forum for everyone to read. I can't believe the bitterness of your response, when actually Wanderers should be applauded for the amount of hard work and fund raising that has gone into the development of their facilities.

Regardless of any conditions they may or may not have I hope they continue to progress and devlop as the FA are promoting.

and now I suggest you answer Padlocks question, immediately above your post.

Glad to know you don't have any interest in planning constraints, though I can quite happily post a link to the 'Chapter and Verse' !

Big JR,

Glad to know you don't have any interest in planning constraints, though I can quite happily post a link to the 'Chapter and Verse' !

Oh, what the hell !!

M.V.D.C.

Planning Application Ref:

MO/2012/0052

Big JR,

JR, you are missing the point. I have no affiliation to Wanderers, how would I know? I just watch and enjoy local football.

You however do represent your club, and in this case you have done it with very little dignity.

Big JR,

Oh, what the hell !!

M.V.D.C.

MO/2012/0052

This one I cannot find under either decisions made or pending applications, please direct me further Big JR

Have to say I don't understand the animosity towards Wanderers and I congratulate them on their third place finish. Wouldn't have a problem at all with them joining the CCL. Maybe one day we'll have some proper derby games to look forward to.

Have to say I don't understand the animosity towards Wanderers and I congratulate them on their third place finish. Wouldn't have a problem at all with them joining the CCL. Maybe one day we'll have some proper derby games to look forward to.

Thank you Trevor.

I, personally, don't have any animosity against them or any other club, as most people who know me from Meadowbank will testify.

Just to prove a point that I am NOT stirring, as has been suggested, and for Padlocks delictation.....

http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=MO/2012/0052

Big JR,

Oh, what the hell !!

M.V.D.C.

MO/2012/0052

Like I say, you have no dignity.

I see one club developing and investing in their facilities, and I see another which sits there bitterly slagging them off and taking joy in any little set-back. You may be right, like I said I don't care but as a local who pays money to come to Meadowbank, i'm not finding many reasons to head there again in the future.