Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC

whats happened to the team that got d.f.c the 30 points at the beggining of the year cause with a few additions they would give any side in the league a game!!!!!

look at how the fixture list went, we got 30 points mainly off the bottom half sides. the bad run coincided with playing the top half teams . i may have to get my diary, dfc 1st steam spotter book and slide rule out.....

Oh "Nice Guy", there you are again spouting the same tired old ordure that always hits our screens with a pungent and manky splat. With what evidence can you claim that Egham have spent a fortune to sit in third place? Our chairman took a huge gamble in dismissing Steve Baker and installing John Hamsher, Wayne Noad and Colin Bartholomew as the men in charge of the first team and an Under 18 side. Few people at the club had ever heard of Hamsher (it took a while before I even knew how to spell his name properly). However, that not all has gone exactly to plan was shown by our performance (actually, lack of it) in losing to a very poor Dorking side at Meadowbank. We were crap that day, and Dorking were less so. Losing a double to RPV wasn't exactly ideal either. You don't have to spend a fortune to have success. As it is we have an Under 18 side who need four points from four games to win their Southern Youth League division and we look well set for a top four finish (and I hope that that has not put the kybosh on it). We have managed a good blend of youth and experience that will serve us well, not splashed money out on expensive players. So NG, can I suggest that you prove your claim or just stop the idle, needless and stupid speculation.

Edited by tempestward

results dont lie spurs fan 1.0 away windsor lol hahahahaha. smudge there never been resources down there fact, two bob run club.

ok there was a result v windsor. name the side if youre that bothered and imvery happy to discuss the difference between that side, the last season side and the one that plays this weekend. im interested not shirty or angry spoony

The cream rises to the top,for one reason only' MONEY'.Like it does in any other League in the world.The problem being at this level there is only one promotion place,so many waste theirs in trying.Paying Players for some Clubs does them more harm than good,Sandhurst,Dorking,both got off too good starts then faded badly when resources were lessened.

Smudge Sandhurst didn't and still don't have a budget thats why a lot of clubs around us try and in some cases succeed in luring our players away with the promise of a bit of cash,have to say though the ones that have remained loyal have done very well and deserve to be in a cup final.

Two days later and still no reply from Nice Guy.

And why do you think that is, TW? Simple: because Nice Guy is not involved in the running of a club, whenever someone who is actually deconstructs his wind-ups and provides evidence to back their arguments, he has no comeback to it. The same thing happened when he asked what Guernsey FC were spending money on if it wasn't players and HKP and I pointed out how much air travel actually costs...

He clearly posts more for his own amusement than anything else but as long as people keep popping at him, he'll keep coming back.

But Beano,do you know what Guernsey F.C. pay for Air Travel,Hotels,etc.Aurigny and Hilton are sponsors of Guernsey F.C. after all.So therefore one must assume they get a much better deal than Joe Public surely.Their business plan this year was worked out on 300/400 crowds,but amazingly they averaged 1500+,and good luck to them.Nice Guy although being an irritant,is not your run of the mill poster,his knowledge is vast,and not confined to 1 Club.Where is your evidence that NICE GUY,is not involved in running a Club,when you do not know,like the rest of us,WHO HE IS.,T.W. will get a reply for sure.

No, Smudge, I don't know what Guernsey FC pay for air travel and accomodation but in my post on the other thread I did take into account the likelihood that they would receive a significant discount on the rates offered to Joe Public based on block bookings (and the frequency of these bookings).

As for Nice Guy, I base my assertion that he's not involved with a club on his own postings, where he has intimated (if not explicitly confirmed) a lack of sharp-end involvement. If, as he has claimed, he has managed at a decent level, then he'll have a contact book of people around the game and will share information with those people from time-to-time, but much of that will be hearsay and rumour. My point was that, Nice Guy has frequently alleged that clubs (particularly Windsor and Guernsey) are laying out significant sums on wages without offering a shred of evidence - precisely as he did further up this page where Egham are concerned.

I would like to think that my knowledge of semi-pro football is not limited to my own club and there are plenty of people on this forum who know exactly who I am and can tell you whether or not I know anything about the game! That's what underlines Nice Guy's status as a wind-up merchant - he actively revels in anonimity.

The guy's a troll. He might be a well-connected and knowledgable troll but he's still a troll.

Hate to have to do this but have to back up NG here, I had a conversation a few years back with Pat, and talking about clubs, managers etc and how I thought some were doing. Eventually got round to budgets and what he said other clubs were paying etc. Quizzed him on his an to his credit he seemed to be honest when asking if I thought he should be expecting better results for his £1000 + outlay a week. After choking on my tea I answered most definately. This was probably 2 to 3 years ago now and may well have changed but I doubt it.

Good to see Dorking going with the young lads, seems to be working and is a route all at this level should look to follow, why have youth and reserve sides if you are just going to go and sign new faces rather than give these who have affinity for a club a chance.

Of course, the difference between you and NG is that you have offered some evidence, SurreysFinest. We all know that the situation can change in football from week to week, never mind over a couple of years, so while that doesn't prove anything it makes your argument stronger, in my view, than the typical NG approach, because you had something to back up your comment with.

Knowing TW as well as I do, I'd say he is far more likely to know than Nice Guy, given that he has been involved with Egham Town for more than 40 years! Of course, he didn't say that he did - he just asked NG to explain why he had made the point he has without offering anything to back it up. Even if TW does know the budget, he wouldn't admit to it on a public forum and nor would you expect him to!

He's my daughter's Godfather, we go way back.

Yes, TW did start out as a nipper, as did I when I was a young man, so I have known him for many years - since I was a kid, in fact.

Edited by Beano

Of course, the difference between you and NG is that you have offered some evidence, SurreysFinest. We all know that the situation can change in football from week to week, never mind over a couple of years, so while that doesn't prove anything it makes your argument stronger, in my view, than the typical NG approach, because you had something to back up your comment with.

Beano mock as you will, but from many years of experience (more than you) at CCL, Ryman and Conference levels you get to know alot of people, managers, players etc.,

SF, Egham have always had a decent budget and you are correct its around £1000 a week but understand with Egham that if they are not in contention to win anything they cut the budget which is a wise thing to do, but with that it may cause a loss of players. Egham are certainly in the top bracket of CCL payers and if TW knows his stuff then he will be aware of this. Explain to me Beano what the difference is, whilst I explain to you all the likes of Windsors and others budget no club has either agreed or denied my comments to this day. Of course that is their prerogative, so I can do the same upon where I get my sources from.

If you notice, I have only mentioned clubs who have the best budget in the CCL Prem and again to this day there are no denials.

As for Guernsey, I have again explained and just wondered where their @ 91k (so far) gate receipts excluding overheads goes to,? In my opinion it goes towards the management and player budget if not they have a very healthy bank balance so good luck to them !

Tell you what TW ask your Chairman/Manager how much Egham are paying each week and ask for honesty, then come back to me. ........You don't have to say the amount.

Yours truly Troll (apparently........ ;) )

............Beano you muppett, stay on your own site and please do what it says on the can and STIK to it ......... :P !!!.

Beano mock as you will, but from many years of experience (more than you) at CCL, Ryman and Conference levels you get to know alot of people, managers, players etc.,

I love this assumption! I have spent the last 22 years (out of 32 on the planet) involved in clubs in the Isthmian and Southern Leagues as an official. Of course, as I know nothing about you, I wouldn't be so rude as to assume that this is more or less time in the game as you. I did say in my previous post that you would have a wide range of contacts in various places in the same way that I have. Indeed, I had a nice chat at Beaconsfield today with a referee who was in the middle at Conference matches last season, so it's not just managers and players that I have got to know over the years. I imagine the same applies to you.

SF, Egham have always had a decent budget and you are correct its around £1000 a week but understand with Egham that if they are not in contention to win anything they cut the budget which is a wise thing to do, but with that it may cause a loss of players. Egham are certainly in the top bracket of CCL payers and if TW knows his stuff then he will be aware of this. Explain to me Beano what the difference is, whilst I explain to you all the likes of Windsors and others budget no club has either agreed or denied my comments to this day. Of course that is their prerogative, so I can do the same upon where I get my sources from.

If you notice, I have only mentioned clubs who have the best budget in the CCL Prem and again to this day there are no denials.

I don't understand your question to me, to be honest. I would say that Windsor's Programme Editor was pretty vehement in his rebuttal of your suggested figures. I have no real interest in trawling through the old threads to try to prove whether or not there was an explicit denial (although I seem to recall that Windsor Sec did issue one here).

As for Guernsey, I have again explained and just wondered where their @ 91k (so far) gate receipts excluding overheads goes to,? In my opinion it goes towards the management and player budget if not they have a very healthy bank balance so good luck to them !

An official of Guernsey FC has stated on here that any surplus doesn't go to the players or management. I suspect that the gate receipts are predominantly spent on the overheads based on what we can assume about what these overheads are (but we've covered that elsewhere).

I love the fact I've been called a "muppet" (for that is how you spell it) by a troll. You come on here and take pops at clubs and use hearsay and innuendo to get a reaction. I hope you'll answer the question posed of you by TRS, but I think everyone who reads this forum knows you won't.

Edited by Beano

Guys.

Some of us know very well who NG is.

I will out him if we secure at least 3 wins from our last 5 league games OK?

Or, unless NG buys me ONE beer at any of the said 5 games!