Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC

Last minute equaliser took two points off the chicks but again the overall performance augurs well. Still a bit quiet in the clubhouse after but then half the side aren't allowed a drink yet!

Which must go to prove we do have a fantastic Under 18's squad.

It was a very pleasant day at Meadowbank, even if a bit quiet on the spectators front.

Lovely to meet up with RPV Officials again, and 'chew the fat' over the CCL, discuss the 2014 re-structuring possibilities, (or NOT as the case may be), and generally put the world to rights.

I thought the officials had a very good game - Only one yellow if memory serves !

Edited by Big J R

'Wooden Spoon' just about says it all.

'Disgruntled Cynic' might have been a better nom-de-plume.

JUST FOR THE RECORD.

I am having Internet problem at the moment, and only doing certain posts through safe-mode. This is thanks to some b@stard in the Bishops Stortford area who has hi-jacked our machine through my wifes Facebook account. This seems to lead to an expensive visit to the computer-hospital.

HOWEVER.

It is confirmed in todays Dorking Advertiser, that as from next Season, Glynn Stephens will take the reins as Dorking F.C. Manager, with Steve Hurd as his number two. Simon Coffey will continue in the back-ground whilst heading the successful Dorking Under 18's squad. Glynn has former experience at Chessington & Hook, Molesey and Chessington.

Glynn is already feeling his way in at Meadowbank and has met and talked to the players.

Before the deadline, we have signed Joe Pratley Jones, Scott Todd and Reece Jackson.

Edited by Big J R

JUST FOR THE RECORD.

I am having Internet problem at the moment, and only doing certain posts through safe-mode. This is thanks to some b@stard in the Bishops Stortford area who has hi-jacked our machine through my wifes Facebook account. This seems to lead to an expensive visit to the computer-hospital.

HOWEVER.

It is confirmed in todays Dorking Advertiser, that as from next Season, Glynn Stephens will take the reins as Dorking F.C. Manager, with Steve Hurd as his number two. Simon Coffey will continue in the back-ground whilst heading the successful Dorking Under 18's squad. Glynn has former experience at Chessington & Hook, Molesey and Chessington.

Glynn is already feeling his way in at Meadowbank and has met and talked to the players.

Before the deadline, we have signed Joe Pratley Jones, Scott Todd and Reece Jackson.

That probably explains why there was no posts(unless I missed them) as to the humiliating defeat to the bottom club (at the time) MVSCR.......when it seemed DFC were on a crest of a wave.

I guess the guy hacked all the DFC clans PC'S!!!!

As to Wooden Spoon,could the first part of the ID be a sign of the club he follows?

Mmmmmmm.............Then again its more likely to be a disgruntled former employee...........i'd go for the latter.

JUST FOR THE RECORD.

HOWEVER.

That probably explains why there was no posts(unless I missed them) as to the humiliating defeat to the bottom club (at the time) MVSCR.......when it seemed DFC were on a crest of a wave.

I guess the guy hacked all the DFC clans PC'S!!!!

As to Wooden Spoon,could the first part of the ID be a sign of the club he follows?

Mmmmmmm.............Then again its more likely to be a disgruntled former employee...........i'd go for the latter.

Who knows, Shoeless - Who Knows. There has been some speculation at Meadowbank.

UPDATE. £60 up my shirt, and no computer from tonight until Monday.

My contact in the Internet Police is endeavouring to discover the owner of the ISP number I have been given as the Hacker/Hi-jacker.

Unfortunately ISP's don't give out this information unless requested by Plod or some other Government agency, but, luckily, I do have friends in high places......

JUST FOR THE RECORD.

HOWEVER.

Now will they be called Dorking Chessington & Hook FC OR Chessington & Hoook Dorking FC you wait and see next season......

rightly so but if u had more of the local public following ya and more interested that would generate more than enough cash, rather than go down and watch the other local teams. im sure the chairman knows what hes doing tho :mellow:

people arent going to come down to watch a bunch of teletubbies lose plenty nil each week or guys from miles away get relegated.

they will come and watch an exciting young footballing side competing with the better sides in the area, if they can get over some prejudices.

That is what people are working towards.

It wont happen very quickly and there is still a lot not right down there, but change of ownership or tenancy is very unlikely.

whats happened to the team that got d.f.c the 30 points at the beggining of the year cause with a few additions they would give any side in the league a game!!!!!

It is common that near on the beginning of every season there are a couple of surprises that start the season well and raise a few eyebrows such as Dorking. This happens even in the Barclays Premier (Blackpool last season, years ago Norwich, Coventry, Crystal Palace) in the old Div.1 because clubs that have previous history of lower league placings need to get points on board as early as possible, so perhaps they worked harder pre-season to be fitter than their opening opponents to catch them unawares which Dorking clearly did.

BUT we all know that eventually cream rises to the top, by way of other teams getting fitter and simply registering new better players, this is where the club budget comes into play.

Is it by coincidence that the same teams currently in the top 6 are the same as last season bar Egham and of course Windsor :rolleyes: !

The cream rises to the top,for one reason only' MONEY'.Like it does in any other League in the world.The problem being at this level there is only one promotion place,so many waste theirs in trying.Paying Players for some Clubs does them more harm than good,Sandhurst,Dorking,both got off too good starts then faded badly when resources were lessened.

The cream rises to the top,for one reason only' MONEY'.Like it does in any other League in the world.The problem being at this level there is only one promotion place,so many waste theirs in trying.Paying Players for some Clubs does them more harm than good,Sandhurst,Dorking,both got off too good starts then faded badly when resources were lessened.

EXACTLY unfortunately ! .......... we agree Smudgeyboy, surely not.......... ;) !

This is the reason why the CCL is and shall remain stagnant until we have either 2 or 3 promoted clubs via runners-up and play-offs. Bar the possibility of Wembley (but we don't know the true facts yet), I will not be surprised if the same teams will be in the top 6 again next season.

Teams in the CCL Prem are getting stronger especially when money is concerned, but Smudge is right, many clubs such as Badshot Lea, Camberley, Egham to name a few have spent fortunes (their choice) in their aim for promotion but as long as only one spot gets you promoted, I'm afraid it will be same old, same old.........

Edited by NICE GUY