Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC

We beat Guildford at home (4-2).

We were well beaten (0-2) at The Spectrum though!

We have beaten Molesey twice.

Drawn twice with Egham.

We are cursed when we play Cambo (with the rare exception).

"Any Given Saturday"!!!

Drawn twice with Egham.

"Any Given Saturday"!!!

And just to remind you Sandhurst have done the double over you Chris ;)

Drawn twice with Egham.

"Any Given Saturday"!!!

And just to remind you Sandhurst have done the double over you Chris ;)

Exactly my point GF. Anything can happen on any day in this league.

I accept teams have days when things don't go according to plan but I cannot believe ANY team/club in this league goes out to lose!

It could be more a case of the basement teams raising their game when playing Windsor for some reason.

Hold on Roths, what makes you think that 'cos you are Windsor teams raise their games against you...the history ?

So are you saying that basement teams do NOT raise their game against Guildford wanting to beat the league leaders and champions elect ? Feeble excuse I'm afraid, you are looking in the wrong direction, I would look at the blame nearer to home, if I was you being the players and thinking basement clubs are easy pickings....this is a failing why I think Windsor will not be champions.

Maybe it's a lot to do with expectations but I have been as impressed by teams like Dorking, Croydon, Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley and Chessington & Hook as I have by Egham, South Park, Molesey, Horley and Camberley.

Others might disagree but I don't think that is as a result of Windsor putting in less effort / having less focus against the lower teams - they've just (largely) snuffed us out very effectively.

If you genuinely believe that Windsor have taken any of our opponents lightly then not only are you deluded but also incredibly patronising and condescending. Take the two games that we have had with Dorking. By their own admission their best performance this season was when they won 1-0 at our place back in August. And on Tuesday night we threw everything at them but could not get a second goal.

With all due respect to Guildford City, and I really hope that they can secure a ground of their own - and one they can be justifiable proud of, would you rather play at The Spectrum or Stag Meadow?

Throughout this season, I have been more than impressed with the manner in which the vast majority of clubs have played against us. I think you need to get out more.

It could be more a case of the basement teams raising their game when playing Windsor for some reason.

Hold on Roths, what makes you think that 'cos you are Windsor teams raise their games against you...the history ?

So are you saying that basement teams do NOT raise their game against Guildford wanting to beat the league leaders and champions elect ? Feeble excuse I'm afraid, you are looking in the wrong direction, I would look at the blame nearer to home, if I was you being the players and thinking basement clubs are easy pickings....this is a failing why I think Windsor will not be champions.

Maybe it's a lot to do with expectations but I have been as impressed by teams like Dorking, Croydon, Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley and Chessington & Hook as I have by Egham, South Park, Molesey, Horley and Camberley.

Others might disagree but I don't think that is as a result of Windsor putting in less effort / having less focus against the lower teams - they've just (largely) snuffed us out very effectively.

If you genuinely believe that Windsor have taken any of our opponents lightly then not only are you deluded but also incredibly patronising and condescending. Take the two games that we have had with Dorking. By their own admission their best performance this season was when they won 1-0 at our place back in August. And on Tuesday night we threw everything at them but could not get a second goal.

With all due respect to Guildford City, and I really hope that they can secure a ground of their own - and one they can be justifiable proud of, would you rather play at The Spectrum or Stag Meadow?

Throughout this season, I have been more than impressed with the manner in which the vast majority of clubs have played against us. I think you need to get out more.

My dear chap, I can assure you I'm out watching more football in a week than you'll ever do, rather than you

just watching your beloved Windsor, so that's that cleared up.

Have you ever played football ?

Yes, the failure to beat the basement clubs will probably be Windsors downfall in not being Champions ask your manager at the end of the season.. If its not the players then what is it that Windsor clearly struggle against basement teams ? Oh I know its the officials, get real.

Anyone in football knows that if the players are not focused, attitude is poor, lack concentration, there is a good possibility that they will lose against lower opposition. Players are players and if they don't fancy it there's trouble ahead it happens.

At the end of the day, Windsor struggle against basement clubs and Guildford don't...........FACT !!! .

Ha condescending ! thats coming from someone who says ...would you rather play at The Spectrum or Stag Meadow.....oh the almighty Windsor FC !

Edited by NICE GUY

Nice Guy,ramming home your points,is your forte.Bit like buying a T.V.Licence,you expect to see new and innotative programmes,but alas all you get is REPEAT after REPEAT.Although you do have a point though,suprised that no comment was made about the Dorking Playing Surface,by the Windsor posters,now that would of been a valid excuse.

Edited by Smudge

Nice Guy,ramming home your points,is your forte.Bit like buying a T.V.Licence,you expect to see new and innotative programmes,but alas all you get is REPEAT after REPEAT.Although you do have a point though,suprised that no comment was made about the Dorking Playing Surface,by the Windsor posters,now that would of been a valid excuse.

Except that Dorking also beat Windsor at Stag Meadow Smudge.

And I see no point in using weather conditions or pitch quality as an excuse as these elements would affect both teams. Go back a few weeks when we played Hanworth Villa. The wind was a major factor but it was the same for both teams. Sure, comment was made but never used as an excuse.

Like the pitch condition was not used for the Chessington defeat either?Your such nice friendly people down Windsor,TRUE GENTS.

And I see no point in using weather conditions or pitch quality as an excuse as these elements would affect both teams. Go back a few weeks when we played Hanworth Villa. The wind was a major factor but it was the same for both teams. Sure, comment was made but never used as an excuse.

Repeat maybe Smudgeyboy (I thought you too blocked my posts) but Windsor posters were not on this Forum last year/season !!!

Here's a question : Would a player try harder, try to play better in a Cup Final than if he was playing in a non-descript, middle of the table, nothing to play for, lets see the season through.. game, If players could only be honest, you'll see what some have to say.

My dear chap, I can assure you I'm out watching more football in a week than you'll ever do, rather than you

Yes, the failure to beat the basement clubs will probably be Windsors downfall in not being Champions ask your manager at the end of the season.. If its not the players then what is it that Windsor clearly struggle against basement teams ? Oh I know its the officials, get real.

Anyone in football knows that if the players are not focused, attitude is poor, lack concentration, there is a good possibility that they will lose against lower opposition. Players are players and if they don't fancy it there's trouble ahead it happens.

At the end of the day, Windsor struggle against basement clubs and Guildford don't...........FACT !!! .

Ha condescending ! thats coming from someone who says ...would you rather play at The Spectrum or Stag Meadow.....oh the almighty Windsor FC !

I suggest you read what I said about The Spectrum again especially the bit that says "With all due respect to Guildford City, and I really hope that they can secure a ground of their own - and one they can be justifiable proud of," Just what is condescending about that?

I suggest you read what I said about The Spectrum again especially the bit that says "With all due respect to Guildford City, and I really hope that they can secure a ground of their own - and one they can be justifiable proud of," Just what is condescending about that?

I suugest you read my comments more carefully, didn't mention the above I refered to:

...... what is condescending.... ''would you rather play at The Spectrum or Stag Meadow'' !

I did warn 'The Colonel' about taking the lads out for a Vindaloo the night before !!

:bolt:

Bit off topic, but still Dorking - I see Wanderers have gained planning permission for floodlights. With that news and the planned reorganisation, it may not be too long before we have Dorking FC v Dorking Wanderers league fixtures to look forward to....

As usual, young TRS, you are correct, BUT....

..........as I understand it, and I have been known to be wrong, the planning permission was for midweek evening training.

I'm sure someone told me that there were conditions attached to the application.

Like the pitch condition was not used for the Chessington defeat either?Your such nice friendly people down Windsor,TRUE GENTS.

During the entire course of the season no Windsor fan has ever blamed the pitch or the officials for lost points.

Yes, mention has been made that some of the away pitches have been poor but in the same breath we have also said that if we want to win the league we have to cope with different surfaces because it's the same for everybody.

Thankfully you and NG seem to be pretty much alone in your constant negative witterings about Windsor FC, its fans, and comments made on this forum; the overwhelming majority of comments have been extremely positive about the welcome given by Windsor at Stag Meadow, and the attitude of its players, officials and supporters on away visits.

If you can find an example of either refs or pitches being blamed for defeat then I'll eat my woolly hat and apologise.

During the entire course of the season no Windsor fan has ever blamed the pitch or the officials for lost points.

Yes, mention has been made that some of the away pitches have been poor but in the same breath we have also said that if we want to win the league we have to cope with different surfaces because it's the same for everybody.

Thankfully you and NG seem to be pretty much alone in your constant negative witterings about Windsor FC, its fans, and comments made on this forum; the overwhelming majority of comments have been extremely positive about the welcome given by Windsor at Stag Meadow, and the attitude of its players, officials and supporters on away visits.

If you can find an example of either refs or pitches being blamed for defeat then I'll eat my woolly hat and apologise.

Roths my dear man, very much alone 'cos the comments/questions I make seem to touch a nerve (ie) Windsors Large Budget which no-one has either agreed to or denied which is forumites prerogative, but seems suspicious when no reply is not forthcoming.

I think you will find in previous posts that I have been very complimentary about Windsor FC in general, regarding their staff, supporters, food, beer etc., when I've visited Windsor on a few occasions this season. I have not been detrimental to the club in so far that I have poised questions which are usually ignored, made my opinions known which are not liked but honest. I have never said that Windsor are a bad club, infact they bring a decent pitch and much needed support and funds for other clubs.

Will enjoy my visits to Windsor again next season !