Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 3rd. MARCH: PREM DIV UPDATES.

Hate to say it TSF but the problem was no balls for a fight. I will exchuse the No 4 who was the only one for me to show any appetite for any battles. On this showing Dorking will be relegated and I hope for their sake it was just a bad day for them.

fair comment have to try and watch trs video..have to say we have issues re manager and coaching staff.

ill guess our 4 was philpott an u18 prospect, or our skipper .

both should have impressed...

Farnham 1-1 South Park

Disappointed we didn't come away with 3 points here as I thought we were the better side and created the better/more chances, but our fault for falling behind after 2 mins when the Farnham 9 outjumped our centre back and right back to loop an 18 yard header over our keeper!

On that showing, I wouldn't have thought Farnham will go down and wish them luck for their remaining games.

Pre 'snow break' we had scored 16 in 3, post snow break we have scored 2 in 3....needs to change.

Thought the officials were..........wait for it.......................good!

Back to Sandhurst for me on Tuesday.

Edited by milesy4

Wembley 1 ash 0.happy with a clean sheet and was impressed by ash no.,he took some good x's underpressure.

You could have had a deck chair yesterday Pearcey we was very shot shy. (well you did have to make one save)

A tight game with neither sides creating much & your goal was scored by the most dangerous player on the park. We as a club need to find our shooting boots again especially as we have Camberley next weekend

Yes Big Ant. A number of players went when Paul first joined and I understand another 3 have gone in recent weeks. Good Luck to them all down there.

Wars 0-4 Hartley

Couldn't make the game yesterday can anyone give me an insight to how it went?

I know at one up we were under some pressure and had to clear off the line but that's about it.

Must admit would have taken a draw before it started.

Cheers

HH

the difference today was the Hartley Boys were clinical in front of goal and the first two wars handed on a plate with two mistakes at 1-0 wars had two cleared off the line and Hartley keeper was having a blinder the goals came against the run of play Hartley are a very good side

Westfield 2-1 Feltham

Not the greatest of games but a much needed 3 points after such a poor month.

We looked solid throughout and did enough to win although disappointed to lose our clean sheet with the last kick of the match. Feltham a much better outfit on and off the pitch since we last played them mainly due to the fact that little creature is no longer there.

Still plenty to play for with league positions as entry to the FA cup depends on which sides with lights finish higher. Good result for us with Cobham losing again.

Finally delighted for Cookie and co for their thumping victory over Lammas yesterday

Camberley Town v Dorking highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcqTPZaWcsc

Wow,some of that defending looked very poor and a few players looking out of shape especially for this time of

the season(No7). Also Currie at left back? Why play one of your best players out of position? With Windsor visiting

on Tuesday its going to be a tough week for the chicks. Hopefully Bucks and Hurdy can get the lads heads of the floor

and get them lifted this week.

not going to lie newby. if we were offered a draw before the game we would have grabbed it with the players we had missing.No excuses from us though. Bedfont were the better side and deserved the win but when you get to the 94 min at 0 0 you are gutted to lose.Some good points though with Baker first game back since Guernsey and our youth keeper played well and didnt look out of place. Your number 9 was a good player.didnt work hard but you couldnt take the ball off him.Also is turner a cb now. Bedfont looked a decent side who will do well in prem. Most have played together for a while and it shows. We will get there.

Two cbs let us down today so turner fits in there nicely an kanani was our 9 (i think) lol an with a few additions an more fitness think were be a top half side in the prem next season

I found it strange that you were happy with a draw when you could still get third bit negative for me but good luck for rest of season

I would take it as a compliment to yourselves. Very good side with an excellent home record. We had a few missing and would have seen it as a point gained.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I agree that you will do well in the prem next year. I think all three promoted sides (assuming Guernsey, BS and Hartley go up,which looks likely now) will finish top half next year.

No 1st team game for Wood as we had our away game v Guildford played before Xmas.

Ressies oppo (East Grinstead) cried off at 11am even though their 1st team had no game! (poor show that)!

So I went to RPV v MV.

A 3-3 draw.

Vale early goal - MV 2 in reply before HT.

Then a second yellow for MV and soon 2-2.

Straight red for swearing for MV but they made it 3-2 in stoppage time only for Vale to level with a header in the closing seconds.

Pitch bobbly so good football difficult but both sides tried to play.

Bit of a niggly game, ref a little lenient and foul language all game all over the pitch.

Stayed at RPV til 9pm chatting to home and away officials. Quite sloshed when I got home!

4 really big positives from my perspective regarding our win over Sandhurst.

1. Our 4th goal oozed class - great passing and movement

2. The return of Kyle Anthony after missing so many games

3. 85 minutes before ST had a shot on target

4. George Gould scoring his first senior goal for the Club.

All in all, a job well done B)

Edited by WindsorFC Programme Editor

Kob's report, hope he doesn't mind me posting on here:

Warlingham 0-4 Hartley

I really can't praise the squad highly enough for what was a marvellous performance against a strong side. The table doesn't lie and we knew we had to be on top form to get a result there, let alone win 4-0, and everyone gave 100%. Nev, Mick and Tarrsy clearly had the boys well focussed, we started with great tempo and kept that going for 90 minutes.

I noticed a comment on Twitter that it was no surprise as we're different class up top, but that win was earned by every man out there and defensively we were superb. Three off the line I believe - I think at least two by Blocko - and Warlingham will feel very unlucky but the fact is it was superb defending. Lee really only had to pull off one decent save, near the end at 4 up, to keep the clean sheet because Blocko, Patto, Noaksy and Stampy were unbreachable.

Josh Daniels led the line very well until he had to go off. He had a chance to chip the keeper which, had it been on his right he'd have probably finished. Deano also had a half chance but rushed it a bit. But the solitary first half goal was calmly walked into an empty net by Ben Dillon after the goalkeeper was very unlucky with a dreadful 'Paul Robinson like' bobble as he went to clear. The pitch was by all accounts awful to play on. But credit to Ben all the same for staying alive to the play and having the coolness to walk it home.

Warlingham had been struggling to handle the pace of our play, making mistakes as they were rushing to force themselves into the game, but they are strong going forward and as the half progressed they created several chances and tested our defence. They have good pace and skill up front and it's clear why they are up there in the top 4.

The game probably turned on one of the off-the-line clearances, Blocko heading away from under the bar, because at 1-1 who knows... but it wasn't long before we countered, the ball was played up for Ben Dillon, and despite having two defenders on him somehow the ball came loose or he managed to drag it free from them, giving him just half a yard and from the edge of the penalty box he curled one of his trademark shots over the keeper and into the far corner - a sublime finish again from Dills on 71 minutes.

This clearly set the home team back on their heals, and while to their credit they still came at us, we broke again on 81 minutes and a storming run by Chris Fox ended in him drilling a superb low shot wide of the onrushing keeper. I was inline right behind the shot and haven't seen a shot struck as cleanly as that for a while - nice one Foxy.

On 89 minutes another Hartley attack down the right fell to a couple of players in the box before running through to the far post where, with his back to goal, Dan Brownlie turned and brilliantly guided a shot just inside the post from just outside the 6 yard box.

There was still time for Blocko to put his foot on the ball on the line before it trickled in, take a touch and calmly play it away, and for Lee Allen to pull off a great save to keep the clean sheet.

The home side must have been feeling shell shocked. Certainly the scoreline didn't reflect the tough game they gave us, but neither do I feel it flattered us because we were simply terrific yesterday. We needed to step up to the plate and give our best and - just like against Bashley and Bideford - we did. You sent us all home proud, well done lads!

Lots of first class performances but my MOTM has to go to Captain Willo, Martin Williams.

What we now mustn't do is take the next game as a given. Sheerwater won 3-0 at Staines Lammas yesterday and drew with Cobham last week. That isn't the form of a side that is bottom and suggests they have made some changes. We'll need to go about our business well again.

Camberley Town v Dorking highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcqTPZaWcsc

Wow,some of that defending looked very poor and a few players looking out of shape especially for this time of

the season(No7). Also Currie at left back? Why play one of your best players out of position? With Windsor visiting

on Tuesday its going to be a tough week for the chicks. Hopefully Bucks and Hurdy can get the lads heads of the floor

and get them lifted this week.

Have to agree with you Silver, Dorking were defensively poor with no protection from midfiled who didn't follow runners so defence left exposed. Highlighted by the effort made by the player on the post for Cambo's second goal.

Cambo were physically stronger. Dorking looked a beaten side after the 2nd goal, they looked disinterested and they are ones who should be fighting for their lives to avoid the possibilty of relegation that looms. Whilst highlights can be deceiving, this was my impression having looked at the filmage.

Guernsey v CB Hounslow

First half Guernsey were pretty poor, some of that was down to the hard working visitors. Second half Guernsey's superior fitness took over. At one point three Hounslow players were down injured, two with cramp. But fair play to Hounslow who worked hard and played some good football. Was also good to hear one vocal supporter of theirs in the Garenne Stand.

Shame Bedfont sneaked a last minute winner though! But hopefully this will keep the GFC v Bedfont match one not to be missed.

Lammas 0-3 Sheerwater

Where do i start!!!! Firstly well done to YV and Cookie on their perfomance yesterday. It wasnt a lucky win, they fully deserved te 3 points. Sheers started brightly and were in our faces for 90 minutes. We were poor all over the pitch. We looked very tired and had no buzz about us. Cookie has got a good team their now with Ruggles and co and i can see them progressing up the table. As for Lammas that truly killed our promotion bid and we now look forward to our 2 cup finals and the semi of the league cup!!

Disappointed with the draw, after having gone ahead so late on, but we showed a bit of character after falling behind so early on.

No complaints on second sending off - you swear at the ref, you go, simple as that really.

Not sure about the first one as both incidents on other side of pitch, so cannot really comment.

Jay Holden was on fire again, crashing home to tremendous strikes, and generally being a nightmare for Vale all game long.

Nine games to go, and we will battle on.

Good to catch up with CC during the game, and Steve and Nigel from Vale before the game and at ht.

Took a few photo's which can be found on

Dorking folded a bit when we got ahead of them a few weeks back. Pity as they looked good up until we scored. With the clubs at the bottom picking up they could be in trouble but for what its worth I think there are only two going down. Yes teams could transfer over but I doubt we'll see anyone come down to Step Five for the umpteenth year in a row, so there will be a reprieve at the bottom. Right now who knows but if form continues then Banstead and Dorking must be starting to look over their shoulders a bit more frequently right now. Also, what has happened to Badshot Lea? Have there been changes there?

Our boys produced a great performance on Saturday in winning at Hanworth Villa. They hit a post after 41 but a great advantage by the ref led to a really good move finished off into the top corner just before half time, and although our other two goals were in the last ten minutes, we had other chances too and thoroughly deserved the win on the day.

I just want to work out how it is that we can get a win and a draw over HV this season who score eight twice against Sandhurst. But can we ever beat Sandhurst though? I suppose that's football!

Edited by E&E Ed