Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex-SSML Striker Signs For AFC Wimbledon

Horace - I'm not sure, does it matter. I wonder how many former SSML players or coaches, other than Kenny Dyer, have gone on to manage a National team.

I'd say it matters, hundreds and thousands of players have been "on the books" doesn't mean they were pros unless they made senior appearances and it appears he didn't. Managing a national side? Bit of stretch really isn't it? Like Anerican Samoa basically anyone over the age of 16 with that passport gets in the team. Looks like he had a decent non league career though.

Kevin Gallen....?

Someone said that this season St Albans ressies have fielded a guy who once played for Chelsea and appeared for them a season or two ago in a meaningless Champions league group game. Can't remember his name though....

Someone said that this season St Albans ressies have fielded a guy who once played for Chelsea and appeared for them a season or two ago in a meaningless Champions league group game. Can't remember his name though....

....Ashley Cole? :)

Brian Stein and Dave Beasant both played for Edgware Town before joining Luton Town and Wimbledon respectively

Brian Stein and Dave Beasant both played for Edgware Town before joining Luton Town and Wimbledon respectively

But neither of them played for Edgware town during their South Midlands League days

Karen - Er, well obviously not but I don't quite see the point you're trying to make, they still played for the Club. Edgware Town and the White Lion Ground was always a hotbed for players as the Club were highly regarded before their sad demise in 2008.

Rhodes,

I refer you to ODs original post

how many players have played in the SSMFL and made it to a pro club.

What about the other way around, ie Pro Club's to the SSML in their twilight years, or are there too many to mention

Karen - Er, well obviously not but I don't quite see the point you're trying to make, they still played for the Club. Edgware Town and the White Lion Ground was always a hotbed for players as the Club were highly regarded always known to pay a bob or two before their sad demise in 2008.

Horace - If we keep this up Gavin may re-appear, I wonder what he's been up to lately