Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bury Town v Margate updates

SteveB

When was the last time we lost 7 games in a row? I think it is all too easy to blame the loss of Kwesi for this spectacular dip in results. His goals and abilities merely papered over the cracks. The reality is we are an average team in an average league. As mentioned above our inability to keep clean sheets and hold on to leads is a real concern. These are the same midfielders and defenders that were fairly solid as a unit earlier in the season but are now conceding 2 and 3 goals a game in this poor run. Our problems lie more in defending than attacking at the moment.

We are not really playing any worse than when we had that run of wins over Christmas. Kwesi was the difference. For example, the 3-1 win at Aveley was one of our worst league performances. When Bradbrook joined us last season and was scoring, he was playing alongside Pinno and Welford. Now he is having to lead the line himself and there is more burden on him, which is why he isn't scoring goals.

Could it be that Bradbrook is'nt scoring because until the last two games he has not been playing ?

generally though-its for the midfield to create the opportunities to score -and to start the defensive work.

I'm boring myself here-but it is definately midfield where the issues start-not the defence-if the midfield is improved-there will be less pressure on defence-and also more opportunities for the attack.

realistically though-the right quality player won't appear now-so just make do and mend between now and summer-get 3 wins to make us safe-and trust CK to get some real quality in midfield during the close season

To answer an earlier question - last time we lost 7 in a row was a run that started 17.10.92 and ended 7.11.92. Still only halfway to the club record 14 consecutive defeats though.

God forbid we get one closer to that record on Saturday.Its time we stopped this rot once & for all. Extra effort required on Saturday methinks.Come on you players lets put a stop to this starting on Saturday.

Edited by Cookie

How did the teams line up last night?

Put Dean Hill into midfield, he has a brain and can pass as well as win the ball, leave Burchall and Bodkin wide with Murphy and Bradbrook up front. That means Robinson and Stubbs on the bench.

Overland

Ball

Beales

Cloake

Pooley (Robinson)

Corniell

Hill

Avery

Bodkin

Murphy

Bradbrook

Birchall ( Stubbs)

Edited by DEREK

I've only seen him play for 75 mins-and inevitably as he beds into the team he will improve-but not too sure i would have Murphy in my starting line up.

Midfield is a bit of a conundrum as we hve good players in corneille, bodkin,avery ,wilson,stubbs-but no real outstanding midfield player.

Isn't it cheating having 12 players on the pitch Derek?

Sorry late in the day for me!

In that case Murphy to the bench with Avery as the attacking midfield.

My starting line up would be :

Overland

ball, Beales cloke,hill

avery

Corneille, wilson, stubbs

burchell bradbrook

subs:pooley,lamprell,bodkin,robinson,quain

old argument I'm afraid, two of the midfield are from a time when we were bottom of the table, how do they justify a position in a team that we hope is on the up.

I assume you mean stubbs and wilson.

Stubbs-improved ever again this season-CK/JL have brought 'structure' to add to his energy-gives a bit of additional cover.

Wilson was the best midfielder last season (of an average bunch admittedly.)

has more creativity than most-and has the best set piece -corners/free kicks at club.

On top of which-because of his set piece ability-h will personally score a goal every 3/4 games-and frankly-our best chance of scoring is at set pieces-so you maximise the percentages.

Michael you are wasting your time talking to Derek re these two, believe me!!

Shame Derek doesnt talk to Jake and Chris then he would know how highly both rate Dan.

Michael you are wasting your time talking to Derek re these two, believe me!!

Shame Derek doesnt talk to Jake and Chris then he would know how highly both rate Dan.

If you don't like my thoughts P*** off and don't read them, and for your info I agree Stubbs has improved this season, but on the wing not in the middle, unfortunatly for Wilson this season has passed him by, through no fault of his own. Now crawl back to the Dan fan club which I suggest may be a bit smaller than you think.

simply my view /justification as Derek suggested .

Derek equally entitled to a differing view-and in the cause of healthy debate-i look forward to reading in a bit more detail ,rather than sweeping generalisations any different view -taking into account the current 'crop'.

I similarly feel that for over one season the midfield has been very average (we did'nt have any midfield players at all for the last 6 games of last season if anyone remembers )but the task is to get the best out of everyone you have-individually and collectively