Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixture of the night ...

Max Power

No comment, valuable win for Epsom though and worldy finish for their first goal.

Milesy thats 4 losses on the bounce whats happening ? Could it be that SP have settled for where they are and accept that they have had an excellent season ?

As expressed many times on other threads, could last nights game be a case that E&E needed the 3 points and more up for the game than SP who sit comfortable in the league and in theory have nothing to play for ?

No this is not the case we have alot to play for thank you we want to finish as high up the table as possible. We have pride to play for unfortunately we have a dry spell every team has these in the season and this is ours hopefully we will bounce back this Saturday with a win away at Farnham but this won't be easy as Farnham is a tricky place to go and get points.

As of last nights game we had some key players out which didn't help the situation but is still no excuse didn't perform last night as we have done this season and was a very frustrating night for both team as Epsom would I'm sure tell you as well.

Nice Guy, the only person on here who brings up the 'Old chesnut of nothing to play for' is yourself.Do you really think that Players,train and commit themselves often,to leaving work early.DO NOT TRY.YOU ARE DELUDED.Now your comments about Chessington v Mole Valley which you stated you were attending,would be insightful to us posters,who comment on games we attend,alas you never do.Could that be that you never get out of your armchair,and are just an internet troll?PROVE ME WRONG

Vale v Wood Report - our take on It here

http://www.clubwebsi.../report/3883001

Re Jertzee comments above

Read the report which would have read the same if we had lost!

Wouldn't disagree too much with that but obviously slanted to CWU.

Still go along with the point that virtually every CCL team I have seen at RPV plays the "pump it up to the fast black bloke(s)" tactical plan, with little desire to play the ball up the park.

Are you saying that Vale don't ever get the ball forward as quickly as possible?

I thought both sides tried to play on the deck whenever possible but were very direct more often than not.

Two hard working midfield denied space and time.

We have scored some fantastic team passing goals this season; levelled out by defending poorly at set pieces where we struggle.

Would agree Vale had 60% possession in the game but we played well first half and moved the ball well.

The main thing is we had a nice evening socially and it is good to see that a derby need not be the proverbial punch up on and off the field.

Now for some vital league points before we see you all again at Easter!

TBH CWU were one of the better footballing sides, and by some way, but I did notice a desire to bypass the midfiled more often than not rather than a pass out from defence to the midfield. Too often a hoof will lose possession.

On a couple of occassions a more direct Vale pass would have been the better option than trying to spread the play but if I am honest most CCL teams do not use width but play direct and narrow.

I would say that we certainly got the ball out quicker from the back than we did last week, and good job too!

Having our skipper back helped with that.

I don't think Ryan and Harold had great games in centre midfield for us, largely because the were pressed quickly.

And we tried to do the same to your central players.

Banstead and Farnham, as well as Vale last week were in our faces recently and got their rewards for that (plus some poor finishing from us). We have to battle harder at times but I do like the shape and work ethic Tony and Mark are getting into our squad.

We have had good results and performances against Molesey, Egham and South Park this season, all good footballing sides , where we got a tad more time to think and play. And we turned over the champions elect as well. Tough run in for us, especially with our last 5 home games "away" but we are looking forward to every game.

Just to reiterate what a nice evening we had in the club - some good banter....and too many ciders!

Last nights performance NG can be explained by three reasons, one is that we can't seem to find the back of the net at the moment, one is defensively we haven't been as solid as we have been. The other I won't go in to. We're all pumped up to win every game, our attitude hasnt changed at all, just like BAWA said seems to be a bit of a patch, which every team has. We'd still love to finish top 5, but 4 losses indeed NG, we'll see what we can do at Farnham on Saturday about putting that right.

I would say that we certainly got the ball out quicker from the back than we did last week, and good job too!

Having our skipper back helped with that.

I don't think Ryan and Harold had great games in centre midfield for us, largely because the were pressed quickly.

And we tried to do the same to your central players.

Banstead and Farnham, as well as Vale last week were in our faces recently and got their rewards for that (plus some poor finishing from us). We have to battle harder at times but I do like the shape and work ethic Tony and Mark are getting into our squad.

We have had good results and performances against Molesey, Egham and South Park this season, all good footballing sides , where we got a tad more time to think and play. And we turned over the champions elect as well. Tough run in for us, especially with our last 5 home games "away" but we are looking forward to every game.

Just to reiterate what a nice evening we had in the club - some good banter....and too many ciders!

Glad you had a nice evening and stayed behind in the bar. Were it not for my flu I would have stayed back too and shared a beer or two with you.

Unlike Milesy who can't go into the other reason, I can!

And he has our full support too.

There were three things at play here, NONE of which were about any team or individual wanting anything more than anyone else just to satisfy our resident troll.

Epsom scored two fantastic goals in the first half, the first of which was pure class and unstoppale, even though there was a debate about whether our player was initially offside.

The second was that South Park creaeted very little until about 70 minutes and I'd like to credit our much maligned defence with that. It was only a keeper error that let them get into it, but not scoring the penalty that was awarded soon afterwards certainly didn't help your cause.

The third was an extremely odd refereeing performance with eight players booked in the first half alone, one of which was for a South Park player kicking the ball away despite being 2-0 down at the time. Yes, you've guessed it, an assessor was in town!

He finished with eleven bookings, six for them and five for us, two of which came for the South Park number two and almost every foul ended up with a card. Very few were actually deserved, although maybe the pair that the number two got were correct in my opinion.

However, his erratic performance was the main talking point and stopped the flow completely. If I didn't know better I'd have thought the ref was on a fund-raising drive for the Surrey F.A. ;)

That said I think we deserved the points as we looked the more dangerous when going forward and scored three good goals, although the marking on the second maybe left a bit to be desired.

Just to point out once again for NG's benefit, we won the game but I am saying the ref was poor. This is not sour grapes on their behalf and there are no conspiracies of any kind here. There is nothing sinister, nobody wasn't "up for it" and it was a good result for our team, although it just confirmed what I said after the Horley game in that we are far too good to go down this year.

Edited by E&E Ed

E&E Ed - pretty fair summary, wouldn't say we created nothing til 70 mins though, we had chances just didn't take them. Like I said originally though, what a finish for your first goal.

Thought your overview on the ref was tame. I've been warned about comments on refs by my club and had the 'sour grapes' card thrown at me before as well, that's why I didn't want to say anything. It was guys like him last night that made me want to either pack it in or at least play in a different league where he will never officiate a game I'm in again.

Only plus for me last night was I had a shot about 30 yards out which was actually on target and not a bad strike!

Fair enough milesy, I just had very little for you guys of concern written down on my pad and I try to do this throughout so that I can remember it all for my report! I also only have limited room to fit it into a page of the programme and there was a lot of positives from our point of view to fit in as well.

As for refs, we had a worse one just ten days ago at Horley, although this one was definitely card happy!

I am happy to confirm though that there are no accusations of sour grapes from us which are usually the lazy response of someone not at the game. We both know what went on.

Re the final Windsor pen last night, it looked bad but if you freeze it at the moment the ball was kicked he was only fractionally off his line.

Considering the both Assistants contributed nothing positive whatsoever to the game the fact the keeper was off the line does not surprise me. But, to be fair, they were no worse than any of the other Berks & Bucks officials that I have seen this season. Each and every one of them has been truly appalling and the sooner they go back to referreeing Sunday League Division 5 football the better. I certainly never want to see any of them ever again.

Re the final Windsor pen last night, it looked bad but if you freeze it at the moment the ball was kicked he was only fractionally off his line.

Considering the both Assistants contributed nothing positive whatsoever to the game the fact the keeper was off the line does not surprise me. But, to be fair, they were no worse than any of the other Berks & Bucks officials that I have seen this season. Each and every one of them has been truly appalling and the sooner they go back to referreeing Sunday League Division 5 football the better. I certainly never want to see any of them ever again.

Bitter losers !

Bitter losers !

Quite right, NG

Stick to the Asahi !!

:freak: