Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lammas v Guernsey 29th Feb (Premier Cup)

Redrup No2

My, and DFC's heartiest congratulations to Guernsey.

I try not to get too involved with posts regarding the Big G, BUT..................a question that should be addresed......

Just for how long will Guernsey fund teams to travel to play on the Island ?

Some of us down deep in the Meadowbank bar, over a glass or three of Asahi, (as one does), talked it through and the general consensus of opinion was that if and when the AWAY teams had to fund ALL their AWAY costs, DFC wouldn't be travelling, and I feel pretty sure most other CoCo sides would be in the same boat, or NOT in the same boat, or plane, as the case may be !

Edited by Big J R

Ok Big JR, I think that's fair.

My understanding is that GFC have funding in place for at least 3, possibly 5 years to cover the expense of travel both for them and their opponents.

I think if they get to the Ryman, they then need to assess the options - I think if they got to the Conference South, they'd not need to cover the away team's travel though that destination may never be reached, let alone within 5 years.

Importantly, their thorough planning off the pitch means that we all get to see how far they can progress without worrying too much about this issue. Its also worth bearing in mind that they are doing a great job of developing other income (ticket sales, additional sponsorship over and above the main sponsor, academy, club shop etc.) so this is looking like a sustainable business longer term.

My guess is they'll spend at least 2 years in the CCL Prem - 1 promotion place wont be enough for them next season but they'll give it a good go.

Thanks Chris, Would you be kind enough to post the draw on this forum please.

Yeah like I'd be invited to a management meeting. :D

If I hear anything I will but I think the clubs will be notified first.

I do have a "spy" at the meeting! :ph34r:

Thanks Chris, Would you be kind enough to post the draw on this forum please.

Yeah like I'd be invited to a management meeting. :D

If I hear anything I will but I think the clubs will be notified first.

I do have a "spy" at the meeting! :ph34r:

OH NO !! More "YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST" !

Watch out, NG - Your thunder is being stolen !!!!

:bolt:

Why is everyone talking about promotion? It is not mathematically certain yet. Or are people just assuming the GFC will win enough of their remaining games.

If Bedfont beat Guernsey could be different as nerves could creep in

Why is everyone talking about promotion? It is not mathematically certain yet. Or are people just assuming the GFC will win enough of their remaining games.

If Bedfont beat Guernsey could be different as nerves could creep in

Behave GL. Guernsey's promotion is as certain as England failing to reach the Euro finals.