Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rebels v Daventry

Cookham Rebel

Warro

Sweeney nbh brown swift

Sinks Perkins coyne sonner

Burnell owusu

If murp fit 3 4 3 Perkins out murph in sonner up top

No Wooz?!

Bit shocked by that as I think the Wooz is our best defender and a great leader!

Sinclair is suspended for the next 3 games Marcus... I think I've now got to the point where I want to see us go for broke, the defence has been awesome this season hence the best record in the league, this is the primary reason we are in the title race, maybe we should just look at it and say 12 games left, nothing to lose, so attack attack attack like the last 2 seasons, thing is, I think our defence could cope if we went a bit gung ho!

3spirit, Perkins and Logie are anchors of the midfield in this squad so I don't think the midfield would be too lightweight, the time to throw caution to the wind has come, we need wins not draws, at the minute a draw is like a loss because St Neots keep winning, let's have a go!

Warro Sweeney nbh brown swift Sinks Perkins coyne sonner Burnell owusu If murp fit 3 4 3 Perkins out murph in sonner up top
No Wooz?!
Bit shocked by that as I think the Wooz is our best defender and a great leader! Sinclair is suspended for the next 3 games Marcus... I think I've now got to the point where I want to see us go for broke, the defence has been awesome this season hence the best record in the league, this is the primary reason we are in the title race, maybe we should just look at it and say 12 games left, nothing to lose, so attack attack attack like the last 2 seasons, thing is, I think our defence could cope if we went a bit gung ho! 3spirit, Perkins and Logie are anchors of the midfield in this squad so I don't think the midfield would be too lightweight, the time to throw caution to the wind has come, we need wins not draws, at the minute a draw is like a loss because St Neots keep winning, let's have a go!

??? Cookham Rebel ! You suggested a 4-3-3 with your centre midfield being Burgess,Logie and Swift,it is those three that I thought would be lightweight,in a three man midfield!!! Defensively,I mean.Especially as you're dropping Brown from the back.Northwood would have a field day!

I agree that we have the players now to play a 4-3-3 but think if we were to play that way we should be more like a 4-1-2-1-2[a holding midfielder and a player behind the front two].In this system,currently I would play[given Coyne and Sinclair are suspended]

Warrington

Sweeney Brown NBH Murphy

Perkins

Logie Swift

Sonner

Anderson Owusu

Sweeney and Murphy would have a lot of work to do with this shape,though!

I still think we have better alternatives with the 3-5-2 system[which easily adapts to 4-4-2] and suits the players we have.

Edited by 3spirit

Cookham Rebel,I agree Dave Woozley is a more natural partner to NBH than Alex Brown,as a centre-half partnership but Alex Brown has been exceptional of late and I admire his infectious banter and rallying calls to the team.His size unnerves the opposition,which also helps.He deserves to be in the side,currently.

To my mind,Simon Sweeney is our best defender.

Having five strikers to choose from is a lovely dilemma to have,but getting the right balance and winning games with the right combination is a lot harder.

I think we will need to start rotating the forwards to win matches [using them as impact substitutes].

Lloyd Owusu needs games but have we got the time to keep starting him from the off,if we are only going to draw games?

With Sean Sonner back this week,will Steve Bateman be toying with the idea of starting with Danny Burnell and Sean Sonner for the Northwood game,which has served him so well this season.

IMO I would shake the strikers up a bit,for Northwood game,by playing a different combination.