Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rebels v Daventry

Cookham Rebel

in fairness he has scored a fair few important pens this season even. we seem to miss quite a few though.

we have to keep confident and keep going. definitely need to find the extra gear soon though. we have been waiting so long for it to happen now it seems to the extent of thinking have we got 1? frustrating result but least we didnt lose. next 3 are simply must win games to keep in the title race though i fear.

Yes we need to keep going but we also need to be realistic. We lost at Aylesbury and a week later St Newts put nine past them. They beat Daventry who we struggled to a draw against and they thumped AFC Hayes who we also couldn't beat. I've been saying for ages that St Newts are the team to catch and they are proving it.

That doesn't mean we can't take charge of the playoffs however.

Warrington

Brown NBH Woozley

Sinclair Burgess Logie Coyne Swift

Burnell Owusu

Warrington

Brown NBH Woozley

Burnell Owusu

Who were the subs today,CR? Was Danny Murphy and Simon Sweeney available?

Didn't get to the game today but thought when I saw the starting 11 from your post,that Slough would look vulnerable to the counter attack especially down the flanks.Did that happen?

Did we leave it till the last ten minutes to get some urgency,like usual. Why we don't up the game sooner, is beyond me especially given the players we now have.We should be putting together a longer burst of attacking play to try and get the win.

As you rightly pointed out we still have 36 pts to play for but we are starting to drop silly points to average sides,where St Neots seem now, to be doing the business in this concern.Although they might get the odd blip or two before the end of the season,it's going to be a must now,for Slough,to get all three points at St Neots.Which I have faith we can do but it's certainly going to be no mean feat.

Hard earned point today.Thought that a draw was about right,but how negative were Daventry with their time wasting,diving & feigning injuries?.Ref was really poor & i think the only player booked from either side was Alex Brown,who i think now has to serve a suspension.Still in contention at the top,but will have to beat St.Neots away to stand any chance of the title.Play Offs beckon again,but more confident of winning them this time around.

Warrington

Brown NBH Woozley

Burnell Owusu

Warrington

Brown NBH Woozley

Burnell Owusu

Who were the subs today,CR? Was Danny Murphy and Simon Sweeney available?

Didn't get to the game today but thought when I saw the starting 11 from your post,that Slough would look vulnerable to the counter attack especially down the flanks.Did that happen?

Did we leave it till the last ten minutes to get some urgency,like usual. Why we don't up the game sooner, is beyond me especially given the players we now have.We should be putting together a longer burst of attacking play to try and get the win.

As you rightly pointed out we still have 36 pts to play for but we are starting to drop silly points to average sides,where St Neots seem now, to be doing the business in this concern.Although they might get the odd blip or two before the end of the season,it's going to be a must now,for Slough,to get all three points at St Neots.Which I have faith we can do but it's certainly going to be no mean feat.

Subs were Anderson, Abbey (who both came on!), Sweeney, Perkins and Herron 3spirit!

It was a strange game but probably a fair result to be honest although the Daventry time wasting antics were not on!

I don't think it's any coincidence that we haven't won the last 2 games to be honest, any team at this level would miss players of the quality of Adam Martin and Chris Seeby, to lose one I think we could've coped but both of them has been a hammer blow, I know Owusu has came in and that has given everyone a lift but it's in the middle where we need a quality addition now!

I can still see St Neots dropping points, they are away at Daventry and Leighton for their next 2 games, and that will not be easy, I think the next 2 games are massive though, we must pick up 6 points against Northwood and Barton or it will be a bridge to far, if we go to St Neots and we haven't picked up a confidence boosting 6 points I really do fear the worse!

Overall though, this season our players have been magnificent, we're still in the title race, when was the last time we could of said that! Let's just get behind them now and help them stay in it for us as long as possible, it's not over!

If its the play offs, then so be it!

COME ON YOU REBELS!

We do seem to have hit a brick wall where most of our players are struggling to find anywhere near their best form. Still keeping it reasonably tight at the back but are really struggling to create any chances and score the ones that do come along.

Agree that Jerome Anderson needs to be given a chance from the start. Also, IMO I don't see how you can leave a fit Simon Sweeney out of the starting line-up which also applies to Murphy once he's up to speed.

We need to all pull together and hope we can recapture our form before our title chances have disappeared and if needs be in time for the play-offs.

Must also agree about the constant wingeing, diving and time wasting from Daventry. How they get anyone to turn up and watch that poor excuse for football every week is beyond me.

Edited by readingrebel

Very poor first half, especially that penalty from Danny and the follow up from Coyne. It was a gift, a very generous penalty, but we didn't take advantage. Their goal came from their first attack, we didn't switch on and they scored.

Second half was much better, credit to Lloydy for getting his goal. We piled on the pressure but it just didn't work out. Warro made at least one great save to keep us in it, as well as one diving headed block from Swift which was excellent.

We need to start getting the confidence back into the play. It must be hard for Steve with so many talented players, especially with Murphy and Sweeney coming back in, but hopefully whatever team he puts out will try and win next week. The title is not gone, but it will take a lot of hard work to keep in it.

I would personally go into the the Northwood and Barton games in a 4-3-3 formation, just to create more chances whilst still being solid at the back, and with the 11 prepared for a 6 pointer with St Neots, my match day team for the next 2 games would be:

Warrington

Sweeney NBH Woozley Murphy

Burgess Logie Swift

Anderson Owusu Sonner

Subs: Jackson, Brown, Perkins, Abbey, Burnell

Bit controversial leaving out Burnell but I just feel that Anderson, Owusu and Sonner would give us more up top at the moment!

I would replace Perkins with Coyne on the bench for the St Neots game if Burgess, Logie and Swift perform against Northwood and Barton, if not Coyne comes straight back in and replaces one of those 3, if I was a betting man, it would be Burgess!

Edited by Cookham Rebel

I think I'd go 4-3-3 too as Anderson has shown enough in brief sub appearances to make me think he'd cause damage. I think leaving Brown out is harsh as he's been immense this season and put in some amazing saving tackles.

I agree that leaving Brown out would be harsh Ian but to me, when everyone is fit he seems most likely to make way!

I think I'd go 4-3-3 too as Anderson has shown enough in brief sub appearances to make me think he'd cause damage. I think leaving Brown out is harsh as he's been immense this season and put in some amazing saving tackles.

I would personally go into the the Northwood and Barton games in a 4-3-3 formation, just to create more chances whilst still being solid at the back, and with the 11 prepared for a 6 pointer with St Neots, my match day team for the next 2 games would be:

Warrington

Sweeney NBH Woozley Murphy

Burgess Logie Swift

Anderson Owusu Sonner

Subs: Jackson, Brown, Perkins, Abbey, Burnell

Bit controversial leaving out Burnell but I just feel that Anderson, Owusu and Sonner would give us more up top at the moment!

I would replace Perkins with Coyne on the bench for the St Neots game if Burgess, Logie and Swift perform against Northwood and Barton, if not Coyne comes straight back in and replaces one of those 3, if I was a betting man, it would be Burgess!

Steve Bateman has a huge dilemma,in who to play and who not to.Was surprised he opted to leave Simon Sweeney on the bench yesterday.I agree with Reading Rebel[not for the first time!],that he's too good a player not to be playing.

I wouldn't play 4-3-3 against Northwood or Barton,CR,I'm afraid.Being that Paul Coyne has been our ever present centre midfielder in most games,I think playing a lightweight three in Burgess,Logie,Swift,to which you suggest Cookham Rebel,would be a very risky strategy and asking a lot in a defensive way.

I think we should stick to the 3-5-2 .With Coyne being out the next couple of games,I would start the next game with this line-up.

Warrington

Brown,NBH,Woozley

Sweeney[right wing back] Logie Perkins Swift Murphy[left wing back]if fit.

Burnell Owusu

Subs: Abbey,Anderson,Sonner,Bateman,Burgess.[Herron in if Murphy isn't fit].

I agree 4-3-3 is a good option. For me it would be Sweeney Brown NBH Murphy, Coyne (Burgess during Coyne's suspension), Perkins, Swift, Anderson, Owusu and Sonner. Harsh on Burnell but I think Anderson's pace and skill combined with Sonner's workrate and Owusu's touch and class would be great.

Second half yesterday I thought we completed dominated with them forced to hit on the counter. They could easily have nicked it but for a great save from Warro. I feel at times though we are too honest. Sincy, went passed a player took some contact and continued to play. Last two weeks we've seen players hurl themselves to the floor and fortunately only one pen was awarded against us. The refs at this level are not confident enough to book them for diving.

Edited by Martin