Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches Sat 25 Feb

Guernsey 2 South Kilburn 1 FT

A game of very few clear cut chances, a very scrappy game but at the same time exciting. Guernsey scored after 34 seconds ! through a header by Glyn Dyer. A goal from Luke Mason just after the break gave South Kilburn hope of an upset but a scrappy goal in the 87min by Chris Mauger gave Guernsey the win.

South Kilburn made it tough for us today so fair play to them.

Crowd was 801. Our first crowd below 1,000 mainly due to it being rearranged so many times and people having plans on Saturday night. But strangely the loudest and best atmosphere yet at Footes Lane.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

match report is on the other thread...

I'm allowed my own match report and mines on this thread ! tongue%20(2).gif ;)

Land mines or sea mines, Ross ?

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

Yawn Yawn Yawn......was hoping to read some posts from games played today but all we get as per usual is a load of bollox about the weather in Guernsey!! No wander the forum posters of years gone by no longer post, every thread turns into boring GFC [****!!****], we cldnt give a damn how much fog you have.

Yawn Yawn Yawn......was hoping to read some posts from games played today but all we get as per usual is a load of bollox about the weather in Guernsey!! No wander the forum posters of years gone by no longer post, every thread turns into boring GFC [****!!****], we cldnt give a damn how much fog you have.

Yawn Yawn Yawn......I was hoping to read some posts from the other games played yesterday but all I get as per usual is a load of bollox from someone knocking Guernsey!! No wonder the forum posters of years gone by no longer post, every thread turns into boring GFC bashing in the end. I couldn't give a damn how much you care about how much fog we have.

Jealous of our support and passion eh?

I have to add here that on this occasion, the players of SK conducted themselves very well on the pitch and gave us a cracking game.

Only rare posters maisie and I would just ignore them. The rest of us just want to wind Donkey up. You guys were very much part of a conversation at Camberley yesterday. Already looking forward to next season and getting an early flight out on Friday morning to spend the weekend there.

Chubby, rather than have another whinge, why not create a topic that others might find interesting!

Wno do you support and what's their average attendance? GFC average over 1000 so hence have many more supporters than other teams.

Edited by HKP

GD the pitch has taken a bashing after having 2 teams playing on it and with the weather to:-( but I think we have the best ground and one of the better pitches.things will improve aswell,once he's had the summer to get it back on track.look forward to being a pain in the bum to your strikers.

GD the pitch has taken a bashing after having 2 teams playing on it and with the weather to:-( but I think we have the best ground and one of the better pitches.things will improve aswell,once he's had the summer to get it back on track.look forward to being a pain in the bum to your strikers.

The pitch at your palce looked like a carpet when we were there earlier in the season. Our pitch looked just as nice but our rugby team plays on it as well so its more bare than it was but still a good surface considering. I love your ground its a loverly enclosed stadium. Its something I would like to see us have. We have a loverly 720 seat really modern stand but it would be great to have some hard standing areas like you have around the pitch.

The pitch at your palce looked like a carpet when we were there earlier in the season. Our pitch looked just as nice but our rugby team plays on it as well so its more bare than it was but still a good surface considering. I love your ground its a loverly enclosed stadium. Its something I would like to see us have. We have a loverly 720 seat really modern stand but it would be great to have some hard standing areas like you have around the pitch.

Your wishes should come true next season GD - it's a requirement of the next level & above to have 1m hard-standing on all 4 sides of the ground.

Yawn Yawn Yawn......I was hoping to read some posts from the other games played yesterday but all I get as per usual is a load of bollox from someone knocking Guernsey!! No wonder the forum posters of years gone by no longer post, every thread turns into boring GFC bashing in the end. I couldn't give a damn how much you care about how much fog we have.

Jealous of our support and passion eh?

I have to add here that on this occasion, the players of SK conducted themselves very well on the pitch and gave us a cracking game.

I have to agree Maisie. Me and the missus took a bunch of the guys back to the hotel after the match as the coachwas full, and they were nothing but courteous and treated everyone as they would expect to be treated. On the pitch the guys gave us a great game, physical yes, but you would expect that as teams are passionate and the score is close (and sometimes that is the only way to stop a GFC player). Not sure how their heads were this morning after a night on the town though. Hope they left st Peter port in tact, and got home safely.

The GFC v South Kilburn match has made it onto the first page of the news in brief football news on Ceefax today.

Edited by HKP