Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches Sat 25 Feb

Playing devil's advocate, I (amongst others) did question this problem back in the Summer.

If I were South Kilburn I would refuse to travel, what if there is a slight window in the fog which allows them to tavel but then the fog returns and their stuck on the island for 2/3 days, who foots the bill?, what problems will this cause SK, family? work?

Personally I'd like a fog to swallow them up never to be seen again. Bit like the Bermuda triangle

Really does not look promising at the moment, fog is still really thick here. Can't see any flight coming in for the foreseeable future.

Edited by HKP

I am feeing the same way HKP, I don't know at what point trying to play today will be abandoned. I don't know if we have the option to kick off any later than 3.00pm. I would assume a decision whether to continue to try to travel over today will be made within the next hour or so. They were scheduled on the 10.00am departure and not the already cancelled earlier flight.

hypothetical question-

I wonder, if the team decide not to travel, because of a perceived risk of being stranded, but the game could have otherwise gone ahead because flights do get in, would they have to throw the game?

We do have the option to wait and kick off later if need be.

Edited by maisiecat

I would think they would give it until at least lunchtime, could always be an evening ko.

As for worries of south Kilburn getting stuck, there is always that risk, same risk GFC Have faced over 20 times this season.

Feel for the South Kilburn squad who are still stuck at gatwick hoping for the fog to lift. If it does the game can always kick off this evening. At the moment. Can't see the fog lifting, it's pretty unusual to have three solid days of fog.

11-30 am - I live in the higher Parishes here in Guernsey, near to the airport, and there is a definite improvement in the weather conditions.

The fog is clearing and I think I can hear air traffic movement in the skies above.

Update:

Planes now starting to land in Guernsey.

Live flight information now showing approx landing times as to previous information which stated all plane arrivals delayed.

Update:

Guernsey FC latest tweet - Today's game v South Kilburn now re-scheduled to kick off at Footes Lane at 7pm.

With Hartley playing a cup game at Eversley today room for a few slip ups in the other promotional chasing teams.

CB Hounslow v Farleigh Rovers

Guernsey v South Kilburn

Knaphill v Staines Lammas

Sheerwater v Cobham

Spelthorne Sports v Frimley Green

Westfield v Bedfont Sports

Worcester Park v Warlingham

Come on Knaphill, Westfield, Frimley and Worcester P. You four have always been my favourites!

Had to post something, was turning into another G post!

South Kilburn FC players and officials have arrived safely in Guernsey, as have the match officials and CCL representatives.

Great effort by all concerned to get this match on this evening.

Saw South Kilburn arrive at the Hotel. Guess they must be a little tired right now. Looking forward to the game though. Hope we get a reasonable crowd, seeing as the time has changed twice.