Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumour??

All.... Do you not think that Gary knew the situation when he took over.... I was lucky enough at the end of my career to experience some of BGFC as a player and part of the management team... And although I once " ruined the chairmans weekend " ( Greenpea that one was for you ) I think that with the plans they have for the club and the potential to move on as a viable business then only a fool would write then off... GP is a very schrewd guy and there are others that will secure the future of the club. I was in our dressing room when Doug gave the boys the news and there was a massive amount of applause and when he came out he shook my hand with a tear in his eye... I gave him a hug and said " it;s peope like you that make non league football what it is". For me it is a sad day in non league football.... lets not get on the bandwaggon lets hope that things turn out right as with Northwich Victoria and other clubs...... If we did not have people willing to put a massive part of their lives into a sport that we love.... we would have nothing ...

Weebs, I saw the unedited version of GP's post which was worded differently in parts and seemed to indicate that the future of the club was not especially secure.

However, I sincerely hope you're right about that not being the case. Bedfont Town have progressed rapidly and it would be paradoxical for them to go now, just as they're established in Bedfont itself after many years away. There are clubs vanishing all over the place and I wouldn't want Bedfont Town to be another.

Weebs, didnt expect anything less from you mate and I know if you can help us (BTFC) I know you will mate. Just to update all on here Bedfont Town fc put out a very strong side at Woodford Utd yesterday and with a bit more luck and better finishing we would have come away with all 3 points but a point away from home is not bad at a very difficult place to play. The attitude and commitment of our players was spot on and in Garry Haylock we have probably the best manager outside the football league. There are meetings planned this week to explore ways to take the club forward off the pitch and the focus on the pitch is still the play offs so all very positive. There is no doubt that Dougs decision to retire is a massive blow to all of us that have been involved with the club over the last 25 years and it is a decision that he has not taken lightly, but one that has had to be make. I would like to thank Doug for all he has done not just for Bedfont Green/Town but for all local football and for the community of Bedfont.

good luck Doug he has given his whole life to BEDFONT GREEN (town) and all the success that the club has had is down to him and the staff he has appointed. He was a rich man when he started this venture but year after year he has put his own money into the club and there has to be a time when enough is enough so lets hope there is another rich man waiting to put 30k a year in ! !

pink and hard and proud of it carlo