Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Park V Sutton Utd - Tuesday 21st February

sparky100

such a bearer of glad tidings is our GF. Still chuffed he didnt have to help his boy home with back ache for a change :)

Not just that Kroons. I still hold Milesy responsible for Sandhurst's demise. He left in August and all hell broke loose, causing DT10 to go as well as most of the squad B)

I blame myself for the falling share price at Tesco for shopping at Sainsbury's over Christmas, but hey, let's not start pointing the finger! ;)

FT (CUP)

Banstead 4-3 Worcester Park

Sorry to hijack the S. Park v Sutton thread but thought I'd give a quick glimpse on what happened last night. The talk of the good officials at the S. Park game makes me wish they were in charge of ours. The ref had a poor game, gave a free kick for anything and everything (mostly to Banstead) and got three decisions very wrong which changed the game.

We started the better and went 2-0 up after a howler from the Banstead keeper to let a pea roller of a shot go in under his body. We then let Banstead back into the game when one of their forwards got tripped in the box on 44 mins. It was a penalty and the Banstead player duely dispatched it. Not being biased but we were much the better side playing some great football and should have taken the chances we had.

We then went 3-1 up after a poor back pass clearance from the Banstead keeper went to J. Dunning who put it away.

Then the first decision the ref got wrong. A high ball got put in the box for which I went out to claim. A forward then barged into me which made me spill it and it got put out for a corner from which Banstead scored from. Banstead then got the equiliser with a worldy that went straight in the top corner leaving me no chance. He'll never do it again but it was a great volley.

The second decision was with a minute left when he gave a second penalty to Banstead after an apparent push by someone. None of their players appealed for it and everyone was surprised by it. They scored from it and so go through to the next round.

I'm not one for sour grapes but all the decisions went Banstead's way (probably because they were the 'big boy's' of the night) and he got two key decisions very very wrong. It was probably because he didn't fancy the extra time!

As milesy said great game last night. Officials were brillient with there radio communications going on all game having banter with each other. Worst part of the game was my sitter having nightmares all night over it I can't believe it biggest game ever and to put us 1-0 up miss from 6yards across keeper and on to the post would score 10/10 of them in training apologies again boys for that. Sutton and very well organised side but we battle them from start to finish and was a great experience for us boys and wish Sutton all the best in there push for promotion.

So refreshing to hear something nice said about officials.................!

My wife and her mum (aged 82) went to SP last night as Sutton supporters.

Came home with nothing but good comments about the whole evening, echoed on the SUFC message board today.

Sutton away v Corinthian-Casuals in the semi final (who beat Walton & Hersham 2-1).

Decent Club CC and are a good example for clubs that are looking to move through the pyramid. Another example are just down the road in Horley. The CCL are lucky to have some of the progressive clubs that have come through the pyramid into the league.

Decent Club CC and are a good example for clubs that are looking to move through the pyramid. Another example are just down the road in Horley. The CCL are lucky to have some of the progressive clubs that have come through the pyramid into the league.

Agreed. If only the authorities would sometimes acknowledge what it takes to reach (and stay) at this level!

We are all doing our best after all.