Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier Champs 2012/2013

Krooner

Back to the original question, if it is going to be a 2-horse race next season should the wiser Chairmen avoid wasting money on players and play majority Youth team / loyal players who will play for nowt? After all, there is no Step 5 relegation at the end of next season.

Why wait till next season,cut them Budgets to a bone right now.Maybe naive but why no relegation next year?Would it be that the other local step 5 leagues are lacking in numbers.Kent 16,Sussex 20.Hellenic 21.

Edited by Smudge

Promotion and relegation will work as normal at both the end of this season and next. It is not affected in any way by any possible re-structure. If it were to go ahead, teams would only be allocated to leagues for 2013-2014 AFTER promotion and relegation, i.e. in May 2013.

Slightly off topic but no doubt your secretaries and chairmen will have enlightened you already that the vote at the end of the Clubs' meeting last Thursday, when clubs were urged to come to their own conclusion about it, 86% voted against the re-structure.

Promotion and relegation will work as normal at both the end of this season and next. It is not affected in any way by any possible re-structure. If it were to go ahead, teams would only be allocated to leagues for 2013-2014 AFTER promotion and relegation, i.e. in May 2013.

Slightly off topic but no doubt your secretaries and chairmen will have enlightened you already that the vote at the end of the Clubs' meeting last Thursday, when clubs were urged to come to their own conclusion about it, 86% voted against the re-structure.

Thank goodness for that - no relegation next season would've made it a fairly dead League, especially if one team broke away at the top.

Interesting to note the vote. I heard the United Counties were similarly against and the Sussex County too. Doubt it will make any difference to the 'masterplan'.

Ed,has that horrible Nice Guy been getting you at it again,do what I have done press the ignore button.

Remember though no one remembers who came 2nd,but I must admit that you have done very well,for a brand new team.

Ah Smudgeyboy you are so nice.........remember, no one remembers who came 2nd !

That, NG, is because whatever it is that Windsor FC have as a playing budget is **** all to do with you or anyone else outside of Windsor FC. Clear enough for you? Again, if Windsor do not get promotion this season whatever happens will not be because you say this or that should happen. Again, it has **** all to do with you or anyone outside of Windsor FC.

Underachievement? I don't think so. All of the top sides have been going a lot longer than we have and have had solid squads for quite some time. We started putting ours together about 8 months ago. After 4 league games, we had 6 points. To say that we are lying second in the league and in the semi final of a cup competition, then as Keith Scott has said, if that is underachievement then let's have more! (well, words to that effect anyway. To see the full transcript, buy the programme on Saturday).

I would like to think that throughout this season, we have made some new friends with the manner in which we have conducted ourselves on and off the pitch.

Tutt, tutt calm down Windsor Ed touched a nerve.......!

As usual, blah, blah. blah making friends, good for the community, the legacy, yeah we know all that but you're going around the houses to build a smoke screen to avoid my question.... just for starters, what I will do is put it in layman terms for you.

IF Windsor do NOT get promotion, do you think that having a budget of £1800 + a week is justified and acceptable in not winning the league ?

IF Windsor do NOT get promotion, with a budget of £1800 + a week do you think questions should be asked about the football management ?

IF Windsor do NOT get promoted, with a budget of £1800 + a week would you not class that as an underachievement irrespective being a new team?

Would you not think that with Windsor FC giving the football mangement a budget of £1800 + a week they would want promotion ?

Would you not think IF the football managements brief was to stabilise the team/club and remain in the CCL Premier for the first season, a budget of £1800 + a week (lets say over 9 months = 36 weeks = £64,800.00) is acceptable ?

To be honest GF, the various club budgets is always a topic of conversation amongst supporters and the clubs in general.

I think most of us have "an idea" of what clubs are paying (and sometimes to who) but nobody can be entirely accurate.

Having a good budget should ensure the attraction of "better" players but it still takes good management and coaching to get results and to create a proper "team"!

Large (or larger) budgets cannot guarantee success but it will help.

The only thing that irks me ever so slightly is those clubs who say they pay none of their players/management when the truth is obviously different.

However, in general, I couldn't care less who pays what....anywhere.

Good luck to those that can afford to do it I say!

Edited by Chris Clapham

Since we're playing any questions.........

Does anyone on here other than NG give a damn what anyone's budget is? (any non-answering will be viewed as a smoke-screen to avoid answering the question ;) )

You too GF are missing the point.

As stated in my previous post, if Windsor can afford that type of budget so be it and good luck to them. But if you were the Chairman paying out weekly that kind of budget what would you expect ?

Its relative all the way up the levels and including Barclays Premier !

Does anyone on here other than NG give a damn what anyone's budget is? (any non-answering will be viewed as a smoke-screen to avoid answering the question ;) )

Not bothered!!!

It's the same at every level. Man Utds budget is more that Wolves and Man Utd have more supporters than Wolves.

Windsors budget 'may' be more than others and they have more supporters. Who cares. They certainly do not have to justify it nor make it public knowledge.

You too GF are missing the point.

As stated in my previous post, if Windsor can afford that type of budget so be it and good luck to them. But if you were the Chairman paying out weekly that kind of budget what would you expect ?

Its relative all the way up the levels and including Barclays Premier !

Not missing it NG- just find it irrelevant. No-ones business other than those involved, and no-one on here has the right to expect an answer to a question that is none of their business

And we certainly don't go about our business spouting forth about how much we pay for this or how much we pay for that. Are we perfect in what we do? Of course not. But we are young. We have a number of people on the committee who are new to this but we are learning.

Whatever any club does with their resources is their affair. It is just like in life. No-one will divulge their personal financial situation and neither would they if they were running a commercial venture.

What it does show though is that money does not necessarily buy success. Look at the millions wasted by Chelsea, Leicester City, Farnborough even!

Edited by WindsorFC Programme Editor

Too premature to put Whyteleafe forward as a promotion candidate next season is it?

Ha ha Lee ! I'm sure Lee, if Whyteleafe get relegated you will see players leave, so could be dangerous to predict Whyteleafe for promotion next season if they are relegated to the CCL

I do give a damn.And will be checking all audited accounts.

And we certainly don't go about our business spouting forth about how much we pay for this or how much we pay for that. Are we perfect in what we do? Of course not. But we are young. We have a number of people on the committee who are new to this but we are learning.

Whatever any club does with their resources is their affair. It is just like in life. No-one will divulge their personal financial situation and neither would they if they were running a commercial venture.

What it does show though is that money does not necessarily buy success. Look at the millions wasted by Chelsea, Leicester City, Farnborough even!

Read properly, I am not asking to divulge into anyone's/clubs affairs, not even asking how much you pay, I know ! All I'm asking is whats Windsor supporters opinions to my questions above, that includes you Ed and Sec. Christ get off that high horse, what has it got to do with the coimmittee being young and learning ! Another detour to avoid replying with opinions.........

EXACTLY ! ... and look what happened to Farnboro' and nearly again ! You can also include Windsor & Eton as well, so at long last your getting to understand what I am saying, so be careful and learn from previous mistakes !