Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier Champs 2012/2013

Krooner

I am thinking you will not want to spend too long in the CCL..........

Why ? The journey so far has been most enjoyable, local clubs, friendly people, a good standard of football, what more could you want especially with the Southern League Div.1 becoming more like a South West league, even a midweek trip to Croydon [no offence intended] has got to be better than Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, etc ?

Yeah right.............in hindsight !!!

Predictions are a dangerous game at this level of football Krooner. Having learnt a lot about club budgets in our first season in the CCL who's to say we won't follow the majority and pay nothing or little and that in itself would mean major changes with the emphasis on local youngsters ? We also have some major redevelopment plans for the ground in the pipeline which could mean all available funds being steered in that direction ! Any or all of the above might or might not happen so I'll make no predictions at the present other than the fact that Guernsey will find it a lot harder in the Premier than Div.1. I've been very impressed by the majority of teams we've played this season where even the botom sides don't give up as we can testify, having lost to three of them !

........we can testify, having lost to three of them..... perhaps the players think that these games were a push over, is that a sign of being champions ?

Stupid question, there's a surprise. The ONLY thing that is a sign of being Champions is finishing the season with more points than anyone else.

There has been more than a hint that we struggle on very poor pitches, and there is more than a hint that other teams have been able to raise their game on our quite wonderful pitch, but at the end of the day, if Windsor finish 2nd or lower it's because our team has not performed as well as Guildford / others over the course of the season.

And fair play to them.

No Windsor supporter has ever given it the biggun on this Forum - such theories have only come from you and one or two other like-minded stirrers. We have enjoyed the ride so far, are extremely grateful to have a team to watch week in week out, and whatever will be will be.

Far more important than results this season has been establishing the new club, forging on with the plans for future investment to secure the long-term future of football in the town, and, although news is slow, it sounds like those plans have positive momentum.

As long as we have a team to support, that's good enough for most of us.

But as with everything, time will tell and whatever will be will be.

Edited by Rother

Predictions are a dangerous game at this level of football Krooner. Having learnt a lot about club budgets in our first season in the CCL who's to say we won't follow the majority and pay nothing or little and that in itself would mean major changes with the emphasis on local youngsters ? We also have some major redevelopment plans for the ground in the pipeline which could mean all available funds being steered in that direction ! Any or all of the above might or might not happen so I'll make no predictions at the present other than the fact that Guernsey will find it a lot harder in the Premier than Div.1. I've been very impressed by the majority of teams we've played this season where even the botom sides don't give up as we can testify, having lost to three of them !

........we can testify, having lost to three of them..... perhaps the players think that these games were a push over, is that a sign of being champions ?

Stupid question, there's a surprise. The ONLY thing that is a sign of being Champions is finishing the season with more points than anyone else.

There has been more than a hint that we struggle on very poor pitches, and there is more than a hint that other teams have been able to raise their game on our quite wonderful pitch, but at the end of the day, if Windsor finish 2nd or lower it's because our team has not performed as well as Guildford / others over the course of the season.

And fair play to them.

No Windsor supporter has ever given it the biggun on this Forum - such theories have only come from you and one or two other like-minded stirrers. We have enjoyed the ride so far, are extremely grateful to have a team to watch week in week out, and whatever will be will be.

Far more important than results this season has been establishing the new club, forging on with the plans for future investment to secure the long-term future of football in the town, and, although news is slow, it sounds like those plans have positive momentum.

As long as we have a team to support, that's good enough for most of us.

But as with everything, time will tell and whatever will be will be.

Stirrers ? .....and you can honestly say that with the big budget your club has and the players who play for Windsor, as supporters you didn't think Windsor wouldn't get promoted ? ...............yeah right. With the budget Windsor have you should have walked the league ! Are these the players who played for Windsor & Eton in the Southern Premier League last season ?

IF Windsor don't get promotion, questions should be asked by the Windsor chairman/board as to why ?

Edited by NICE GUY

Oh

My

God

It really doesn't matter what anyone says - I'm sure you'll carry on with your crap regardless.

Right, now let me give you a serious response.

NOBODY said it would be easy - NOBODY expected to win promotion. Before the season started Scott and Melvin said it would be a tough league to win, Any player or fan who expected us to walk away with the Championship would be in for a shock but that we would certainly hope to be challenging. That set the supporters' expectations.

When asked last August, Stott said he would love us to be challenging on all fronts but that this season was all about establishing a new face in the community, engaging with local businesses, forging links with local youth football and developing the opportunities for income streams that would enable the club to become self-sufficient in the relatively near future. Building that, and establishing the basis for a legacy for the town was more important than on-the-field success.

Now whether Stott is privately frustrated at progress made on any or all of those fronts I wouldn't know, but to me, as a supporter, I am enjoying the season very much. Sure, there'll be some disappointment if we don't go up but most fans are in it for the long haul rather than looking for a quick-hit glory trail.

I have no idea why I've bothered trying to engage on a serious level with you, but hopefully some more intelligent readers will accept, understand and respect that, rather than your attempts to paint us as some kind of Billy Big Bollox of the CCL we are actually nothing of the sort.

Yes we have more fans than any other team and have far and away the biggest travelling support (which hopefully brings much needed revenue to all clubs) but, as I have said many times, we ARE happy and grateful to be in this League.

In fact, the ONLY negative I can think of from the whole season really, is coming across such a tedious bore as you on this otherwise quite interesting / entertaining / informative Forum.

I thought I'd best get it all out before blocking him!! :rolleyes:

Not sure how to do it, but I know it's in the Profile settings somewhere....

Crap eh,,,tedious bore ?,,,nah honesty to my questions that are ignored and never answered !

Now did I say it was going to be easy to win the CCL Prem ?

By all means block me or whatever one does, but if you do I will cry..........there is a Windsor site remember.....lol !!!

Likewise, so I'll get it all out as well.......

Blah, Blah, blah good for the community this, legacy that, all good for the council and councillors to hear ! Bluff around the real subject of the football side of the club where you are missing the point entirely, and ignored, again covered over and hid behind that Windsor smokescreen.

If you are knowledgeable from the football side aspect, which I doubt you are being only a supporter, I am saying that with the Windsor players/management budget which could attract and afford players who are currently playing for Windsor, and who were playing in the Southern Premier League last season, Windsor should walk the CCL, infact even be Southern/Ryman League Div. 1 contenders. So from that point of view, 'should' Windsor not be promoted, questions need be asked whether or not promotion was the managers briefing, which I would have thought it was when the manager got the job, 'cos thats alot of money and could be classed as under-achieving ?

If the community. legacy etc., is far more important than on the field success as you put it, then why on earth has Windsor management (its not their fault) been given such a big budget !... If remaining in the CCL Prem was the clubs ambition this season, one could do that with a 1/4 of the current budget, infact there are clubs doing that with NO budget !

Roths you have to get real and stop hiding, come out of that closet and smell the coffee.

Honestly, as a supporter, with such a big budget, are you saying you would expect to be promoted ? if not, isn't that a waste of money the club is spending when it could go to better use within the club and its community as you put it.

The Windsor budget is to win the league trust me ! IF Windsor are not promoted, whats the Chairman going to do increase the budget yet again next season to get promoted....remember there is no guarantees !!!

Bye !

You wont have the biggest fan base next season!

This is true assuming that Guildford City don't implode which I can't see happening. Stranger things have happened in football but if Guildford do win the Championship and that they are accepted into Step 4 then I will be one of the first to start planning my trip to the Channel Islands. One thing Guernsey will need to bear in mind for next season is that there are likely to be 42 games in the Premier compared to 34 in the First.

You wont have the biggest fan base next season!

Quite right NLN.

Take a look at this video of the Colliers Wood ultras arriving at Raynes Park station!! ^_^

:lol:

Stirrers ? .....and you can honestly say that with the big budget your club has and the players who play for Windsor, as supporters you didn't think Windsor wouldn't get promoted ? ...............yeah right. With the budget Windsor have you should have walked the league ! Are these the players who played for Windsor & Eton in the Southern Premier League last season ?

IF Windsor don't get promotion, questions should be asked by the Windsor chairman/board as to why ?

NG you often say nobody answers your questions and as I've said before why should we? Who are you to demand answers from a club you're not even involved with?

I will though answer one question from your post which I have highlighted in red - The answer being effectively NO! Rob Bullivant is the only player from last season's Premier Division side who started with the new club, Jake Parsons and Michael Chennels have rejoined during the course of the season and they are the ONLY ones who played for us in the Premier Division. You seem to be mixing your thoughts up with the players and management who won the Division One Championship several of whom are playing for us again but nobody would expect such a simple thing as FACT to get in the way of your incessant ramblings.

Edited by Windsor_Sec

NG you often say nobody answers your questions and as I've said before why should we? Who are you to demand answers from a club you're not even involved with?

I will though answer one question from your post which I have highlighted in red - The answer being effectively NO! Rob Bullivant is the only player from last season's Premier Division side who started with the new club, Jake Parsons and Michael Chennels have rejoined during the course of the season and they are the ONLY ones who played for us in the Premier Division. You seem to be mixing your thoughts up with the players and management who won the Division One Championship several of whom are playing for us again but nobody would expect such a simple thing as FACT to get in the way of your incessant ramblings.

Incessant ramblings......but why are they ?

I stand corrected, but okay its the Southern League Div. 1 Champions still a league above the CCL !

Everyone seems to avoid the answer that with Windsors big budget, which can thus afford such talented players, wouldn't you as Windsor Sec. the Chairman I'm sure does, expect to get promoted, as opposed to Roths comments that Windsor are happy to be playing football again, which is a credit.....BUT be satified to stay in the CCL Prem is an understatement by large.

Posters on here are not stupid, big budgets are put in place for a reason, to attract the better players as currently shown on evidence of the Windsor squad and win the league. All I am saying that IF Windsor are not promoted with the current budget, surely questions should be asked of the management 'cos thats alot of money being spent and could be classified as an underachievment.......possibly another Badshot Lea example.

....but if Windsor can afford their big budget then thats fine but at what cost ?.

Edited by NICE GUY

That, NG, is because whatever it is that Windsor FC have as a playing budget is **** all to do with you or anyone else outside of Windsor FC. Clear enough for you? Again, if Windsor do not get promotion this season whatever happens will not be because you say this or that should happen. Again, it has **** all to do with you or anyone outside of Windsor FC.

Underachievement? I don't think so. All of the top sides have been going a lot longer than we have and have had solid squads for quite some time. We started putting ours together about 8 months ago. After 4 league games, we had 6 points. To say that we are lying second in the league and in the semi final of a cup competition, then as Keith Scott has said, if that is underachievement then let's have more! (well, words to that effect anyway. To see the full transcript, buy the programme on Saturday).

I would like to think that throughout this season, we have made some new friends with the manner in which we have conducted ourselves on and off the pitch.

Ed,has that horrible Nice Guy been getting you at it again,do what I have done press the ignore button.Remember though no one remembers who came 2nd,but I must admit that you have done very well,for a brand new team.

Thanks Smudge. I hit the ignore button ages ago but it does not work when the mongtard is quoted.

GF, I think that is a tad presumptious suggesting that next season will be a 2 horse race. A team might actually be relegated from Step 4. I have also seen enough of the clubs this season to know that the likes of Wembley, Hanworth Villa, South Park and others will be there or thereabouts. I genuinely believe that next season could be a bit of tasty.