Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 1 - 0 Lewes

Ian_W

More surprised to see Dear Stu still here!

Welcome back, any gigs soon? Coming over the club for any games too?

Cheers Catts! Yeah got plenty of gigs on the horizon. Down at The Crown Roneo Corner on the 2nd March or The Firkin on the 10th March if you and a few of the boys are up for it. Yeah now my work situation has changed I will be able to get over alot more hopefully. You will certainly see me on the Eastside very very soon

When we took over the club 18 months ago the football club owed amongst many £12500 in rent and £5000 in rates .we have fully paid the rates debt ,and on asking the council two weeks ago the rent arrears is now £9500 .we sent another £1000 last week .also we have paid all rent and rates in this period .we are not negotiating with the council ,as we are committed to paying this in full We have a good relationship with the council who understand we are just supporters helping to get the club back on the right track .In fact they have this week sent through new lease to scan .Was not sure about coming on this format ,but we have nothing tof hide.Best of luck to romford today ,and you are more than welcome to use my swimming pool at any time

And you can put that where the sun don't shine Mr Fenn

Thanks Colin.

It would be interesting read the subsequent comments of the self-appointed champion of Havering taxpayers, although I expect more counter-claims and implicit allegations of lying.

Unfortunately, admitting you are wrong takes a level of maturity and dignity which I have yet to see in any of his posts.

Lets hope this draws a line under the matter and that both clubs can continue to strive for the success they deserve.

Edited by Urchins

Thanks Colin.

It would be interesting read the subsequent comments of the self-appointed champion of Havering taxpayers, although I expect more counter-claims and implicit allegations of lying.

Unfortunately, admitting you are wrong takes a level of maturity and dignity which I have yet to see in any of his posts.

Lets hope this draws a line under the matter and that both clubs can continue to strive for the success they deserve.

If Colin wishes to PM me his email address then I would be more than happy to send him the email I received from LBH. I don't think anyone has been lying, and have never suggested anything of the sort.

First of all apologies - I wasn't going to comment any more but there you go.

It's that easy to admit when you're wrong Alan.

You've got the facts in front of you and you're still arguing.

Secondly - can you answer the original question and the subsequent one. How is the Westlands development going and is it fair to lock down council ground for five years for a football stadium that is unlikely to be built when that land could be potentially be sold by Havering council so that they can help for example pensioners in the borough?

Is it possible to actually answer those questions without directly or indirectly involving AFC Hornchurch in some preposterous way.Bet you can't do it.

By the way - good to see that you're nearly 10% of the way there with the Boro Bonanza fencing scheme (42/450 panels). Might get there in another 7/8 years. I wonder who will be paying for the upkeep of the ground if by some miracle Romford do get to build it. LBH perhaps?

Colin - thanks for coming on here and presenting the facts.

We really appreciate all the work that you have done and are doing to continue to address the current and past financial position as well as providing us with great footballing entertainment and a winning record

[if Colin wishes to PM me his email address then I would be more than happy to send him the email I received from LBH. I don't think anyone has been lying, and have never suggested anything of the sort.

Alan, you don't need Colin's email address. Simply cut and paste the email into a PM and send it to Colin.

However, if you must have an email address you can use afchornchurch@tiscali.co.uk

Funny how you avoid answering the tricky questions.

[if Colin wishes to PM me his email address then I would be more than happy to send him the email I received from LBH. I don't think anyone has been lying, and have never suggested anything of the sort.

Alan, you don't need Colin's email address. Simply cut and paste the email into a PM and send it to Colin.

However, if you must have an email address you can use afchornchurch@tiscali.co.uk

Funny how you avoid answering the tricky questions.

As I said earlier, if Colin wants to see the email he can PM his email address, with regards to answering questions I don't see much point as any answer I give only get twisted and misinterpreted by some of the bone-heads that use this forum.

I said that if he was to remain on this forum then I would go.

There is no point him being on here,he is a vile human who surprise surprise used to be a union official.Just about says it all,someone who uses any means underhand to get his own way.

It's 5.20pm,Romford have just been hammered and he is yet again on here spouting off his garbage,he cares not one bit for Romford,but despises Hornchurch and can see how us going up could harm his club even further than he is doing already.I could just get abusive like i would of done but to be honest he isn't worth it.

There is no e-mail from the council,if there was he would put it up here.At the most,he may know someone in the council and is doing his best to stir to try and ruin Hornchurch.

So true to my word,I am out of here,I gave a warning,he is still here,I will speak to various other people to get a 2nd forum up and running within days but I ask all the Hornchurch fans to continue using this one as well as Ian is a good man and he shouldn't suffer because of this pathetic waste of space.

I am not a bone-head so perhaps you can answer this one ...

Surely by making the Westlands site available for RFC to develop FREE OF CHARGE counts as a taxpayers' subsidy. The fact thay have no means to develop it is their problem but taxpayers' will have to wait five years (for the planning permission to lapse) before the site can be put to a better use.

Is this fair to taxpayers ????

I am not a bone-head so perhaps you can answer this one ...

Surely by making the Westlands site available for RFC to develop FREE OF CHARGE counts as a taxpayers' subsidy. The fact thay have no means to develop it is their problem but taxpayers' will have to wait five years (for the planning permission to lapse) before the site can be put to a better use.

Is this fair to taxpayers ????

The permission to develop was not free of charge as the club payed LBH the standard large fee to gain planning consent, the planning consent is for three years not five, and site is still being used as it always has been. There has been no costs to Havering council taxpayers with regards to this project, and if completed all running costs will be met by the club, who will pay rent for the land the stadium stands on. It is written into the contract that the stadium will be made available for community use, and any sane person would agree that its a great deal for the people of Havering.

And there most definitely is an email

Edited by missunderstood

I was standing near some of the Lewes supporters it was like being at a Victor Meldrew convention right bunch of moaners slagging of Essex etc.. horrible fckers!

Edited by Sam

Actually, I take that back after what he said.

Wonder how much Havering can get for the ground though as no stadium is going to appear is it (remember the original question).

Calling people boneheads - is that a polite way to talk to people. I don't remember calling you any names.Alan.