Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 1 - 0 Lewes

Ian_W

No one is saying the current ownership be excused for any previous debts,they took the club on and take whats thrown at them.

They have been paying back any debts if any since taking over.But i believe a problem was (not sure if it still is) the level in comparison to the athletics club that we are being asked to pay,ie a higher rate for floodlights than the athletics club even though they use them on average twice as much as the football club.Surely that isn't right.

No one is saying the current ownership be excused for any previous debts,they took the club on and take whats thrown at them.

They have been paying back any debts if any since taking over.But i believe a problem was (not sure if it still is) the level in comparison to the athletics club that we are being asked to pay,ie a higher rate for floodlights than the athletics club even though they use them on average twice as much as the football club.Surely that isn't right.

I would have thought that six or seven years is more than enough to negotiate a repayment plan with the council, and yet not one penny piece has been re-payed yet. When do you think us hard pressed council-tax payers can expect some good news on this subject.

Alan,go away and crawl back under that rock.By all means,write a letter,badger the council or whatever pathetic individuals do to get their own pathetic way.Some people on here gave you a chance but as usual you just can't help yourself.You are boring alot of people.I hate Romford but I don't go to the pathetic lengths you do to cause trouble,can't be bothered,got too much of a life away from football to get wound up so much.

Just one last question

When did you last have sex???

Alan,go away and crawl back under that rock.By all means,write a letter,badger the council or whatever pathetic individuals do to get their own pathetic way.Some people on here gave you a chance but as usual you just can't help yourself.You are boring alot of people.I hate Romford but I don't go to the pathetic lengths you do to cause trouble,can't be bothered,got too much of a life away from football to get wound up so much.

Just one last question

When did you last have sex???

Who with?

i think you will find there has been alot more than 1penny paid .fact

That's great news indeed for Haverings council taxpayers, although information received on 14/02/2012 said quote "The defunct Hornchurch FC did leave an outstanding debt. The reformed club have not as yet paid back any of this outstanding debt, but negotiations are ongoing".

This situation looks like it might have a happy ending after all.

Edited by missunderstood

Alan, you've gone too far. I know Colin to be an honest and decent person and the best thing that's happened to AFC Hornchurch. I believe him and you have proven in the past that you have a grudge against AFC Hornchurch (letter to the Romford Recorder and all the other stuff). As for council taxpayers (including myself and a number of other Hornchurch supporters) how many are actually bothered by your concerns?. You should be concentrating on helping Romford FC, not attacking another club.

Edited by cup of tea

Alan, you've gone too far. I know Colin to be an honest and decent person and the best thing that's happened to AFC Hornchurch. I believe him and you have proven in the past that you have a grudge against AFC Hornchurch (letter to the Romford Recorder and all the other stuff). As for council taxpayers (including myself and a number of other Hornchurch supporters) how many are actually bothered by your concerns?. You should be concentrating on helping Romford FC, not attacking another club.

Actually Simon there is a very large number of people that are bothered by what you described as my concerns, including pensioner related organisations who are still steaming mad about the withdrawal of free swimming for the over 60s, while at the same time seemingly subsidising a senior football club. If anyone thinks that because someone that has different views on the way the council have in the past prioritised spending, is attacking AFCH then so be it, but believe me nothing could be further from the truth.

Well said!!

Alan - I'm really not interested in what you have to say now to be honest. I've tried to be reasonable with you but after your attack on our chairman, I've no time for you. Have you any idea of how hard Colin and his staff have had to work to keep the club afloat? I'm sure there's other ways that Havering Council could consider saving money to provide these services without forcing AFC Hornchurch out of business. Why don't you groundshare with Grays?

That will be my last comment on this. If you wish to continue, that's up to you.

Alan - I'm really not interested in what you have to say now to be honest. I've tried to be reasonable with you but after your attack on our chairman, I've no time for you. Have you any idea of how hard Colin and his staff have had to work to keep the club afloat? I'm sure there's other ways that Havering Council could consider saving money to provide these services without forcing AFC Hornchurch out of business. Why don't you groundshare with Grays?

That will be my last comment on this. If you wish to continue, that's up to you.

At no time have I ever attacked your chairman, although I don't understand the logic of paying players rather than honouring a debt to the council, who have a legal responsibility written into the statute book to pursue all outstanding debts.

With regards to my comments on council taxpayers subsidising a senior football club, this debate has been raging for years because LBH have one of the highest pitch hire fees in London, and this has forced many junior teams out of the borough.

With regards to my comments on council taxpayers subsidising a senior football club, this debate has been raging for years because LBH have one of the highest pitch hire fees in London, and this has forced many junior teams out of the borough.

Surely by making the Westlands site available for RFC to develop FREE OF CHARGE counts as a taxpayers' subsidy. The fact thay have no means to develop it is their problem but taxpayers' will have to wait five years (for the planning permission to lapse) before the site can be put to a better use.

Edited by Serious Sid