Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 1 - 0 Lewes

Ian_W

couldn't care less about the ground to be honest,we all know its not the best but i would rather ours with an athletics track than others like hendon,Concord,Harrow,Wealdstone,horsham to name a few.

I assume we have got the correct ground grading to go up,would be a bit silly to challenge for the title to be told at the last minute we couldn't go up,am sure the ground is sufficient for connie south football.If not i feel it would probably finish the club off lol

Good point.

Who do we ask about that?

Good point.

Who do we ask about that?

Google "FA Ground Grading Regulations" . There is very little difference between step 3 and step 2, although its extremely unlikely that Bridge Avenue could ever meet the specifications needed for Conference National because of cost and location issues.

Didn't the boardroom get moved to meet regulations? I'm sure Colin would have all this covered.

I think Conference South would be a tremendous achievement for a club the size of Hornchurch.

Whether we could go further than that, I don't know.

am sure we have it.

to get conference national we would have to have segregation in place for one,but this probably wouldn't be too difficult.Its all about ambition at the end of the day,if we did go up to south and looked likely to go up from there,i am sure the club would take apropriate measures.

am sure we have it.

to get conference national we would have to have segregation in place for one,but this probably wouldn't be too difficult.Its all about ambition at the end of the day,if we did go up to south and looked likely to go up from there,i am sure the club would take apropriate measures.

It would cost about £6million to build a stadium to

Conference National specifications, so apart from asking the LBH to consider developing Bridge Avenue and building a ground for both clubs to share with the proceeds, where else do you think the money would come from?

a

am sure we have it.

It would cost about £6million to build a stadium to

Conference National specifications, so apart from asking the LBH to consider developing Bridge Avenue and building a ground for both clubs to share with the proceeds, where else do you think the money would come from?

a

I shall donate some of my winnings from the euro lottery this week. Nuff said

Droylsden and Corby in Connie North don't segregate.

I don't think Chelmsford do either for Conference South matches.

Droylsden and Corby in Connie North don't segregate.

I don't think Chelmsford do either for Conference South matches.

Its not compulsory to segregate at step two. You do need to have the potential to increase the ground capacity to 4000 though.

Edited by missunderstood

Oops - know what might be coming next.

Please let's not get into groundsharing again - think we've covered that in detail. I don't know what anyone else thinks but personally I'm bored with it.

I'm pretty sure our ground is good enough for Conference South from what I've heard, so let's concentrate on trying to get there if we can.

agreed,but how is westlands getting on anyway??

I think it would happen a lot quicker if we if we was subsidised by the LBH like AFC Hornchurch. The running costs to Havering council taxpayers is £68,000.150 and rent received was £24,000. With regard to the dept left by Hornchurch FC the official line is "negotiations are ongoing" so hopefully us hard pressed council tax payers can expect a boost to the councils coffers in the near future. Its no secret that some very important people at the town hall are unhappy about the situation.

All information was found using the freedom of information act and are only the tip of a very large iceberg.

Edited by missunderstood

A little bit unfair Alan.

So according to your figures we're talking just a bit over £3600 a month - to two clubs (remember the athletics club as well) that offers facilities to the local community - youth teams etc. Also remember that AFC Hornchurch do a lot of maintenance themselves. I'm sure if you dig around, you will find other areas of taxpayer money that are a bigger waste which I'm sure that Havering council are looking into.

As for the tip of the iceburg as you put it, please remember that the current board had no control over decisions that were made previously and that AFC Hornchurch is now an efficiently run club. Havering Council have given Romford the opportunity to use a piece of land for their own ground (how much would that ground cost to buy?) - it's just unfortunate that we live in difficult times and that funding is not readily accessible.

Good idea for deflecting answering the question though - you should be a politican!!

A little bit unfair Alan.

So according to your figures we're talking just a bit over £3600 a month - to two clubs (remember the athletics club as well) that offers facilities to the local community - youth teams etc. Also remember that AFC Hornchurch do a lot of maintenance themselves. I'm sure if you dig around, you will find other areas of taxpayer money that are a bigger waste which I'm sure that Havering council are looking into.

As for the tip of the iceburg as you put it, please remember that the current board had no control over decisions that were made previously and that AFC Hornchurch is now an efficiently run club. Havering Council have given Romford the opportunity to use a piece of land for their own ground (how much would that ground cost to buy?) - it's just unfortunate that we live in difficult times and that funding is not readily accessible.

Good idea for deflecting answering the question though - you should be a politican!!

The figure you correctly quote Simon roughly equate to the sums saved when the LBH scrapped free swimming for the over 60s, and there is now a groundswell of opinion that the money would be better served by restoring the free swimming because of the proven health benefits to the boroughs elderly, and as many of them can no longer afford to swim, their health and well-being has suffered accordingly.

My own thoughts are that council taxpayers shouldn't be asked to part fund senior football clubs, and instead funds should be directed at junior and grass root sport and certainly not be contributing to paying footballers wages, and for the record that would also include Romford if or when we return to Havering.

As for your observations that the current board have no control over previous decisions, surely the present administration of any business or organisation should have some responsibility for the debts, and if they don't want the responsibility then they shouldn't take on the task. Do you seriously believe that Glasgow Rangers should be excused paying back £50million because they now have new owners.

Edited by missunderstood