Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches Sat 18 Feb

lazarus

RPV: 1

Farnham Tn : 0

Enjoyable match to watch, with PRV continuing their recent good run. Credit to both teams, for playing good football in tricky conditions. I felt Farnham deserved a point, but their finishing was poor today

Banstead 3 v 4 Camberley

Cove 3 v 2 Dorking.

Went to Cove today. Cove took the lead in the 1st minute and Dorking were all over the place. Then by 18 th minute dorking were 2-1 up thanks to 2 excellent finishes. 2-1 half time. 2nd half Cove took command as I have to say Dorking just did not look fit enough. 2 goals from Cove saw them win. There was one shocking dive from the Cove 11 and how he wasnt booked I do not know and also credit to both sides who to be fair rarely got on the refs back which makes it much more pleasant to watch. Not sure about Cove's 3 aqt the back though considering 2 of the 3 can hardly run. Eh DT 10 ?

Bit harsh on the dive I think but fair point on the two players haha

They are going to get stick for that now haha

Mate it was a dreadful dive :)

Sorry to be controversial here but I have just witnessed one of the all time worst ever refereeing performances in thirty years of watching live games.

People who know me, know that I will tell it as it is and when our boys are poor I will say so, but we have been totally robbed today by a referee (and two assistants that were of little help) who made more obvious wrong decisions than I have maybe ever seen.

After dominating but in fairness not really doing much with the possession, we got caught right on half time when a Horley player broke through the middle (he was offside according to a few people on the sidelines) and was brought down when our keeper made a genuine effort to reach the ball. On a wet and windy day and with the Horley player going at speed the referee chose to send our keeper off.

As far as I was aware you have to deliberately prevent a goal scoring opportunity and whilst he prevented one and rightly conceded the penalty, he didn't do it deliberately. Shocking decision but he missed at least three corners that were very clear yet he gave them as goal kicks. He missed a nasty leg breaker from one of our players who should have had a yellow card, then refused to even speak to a Horley player who belted the ball forty yards away after being pulled up for offside. Throw in another three or four bizarre decisions where he awarded free kicks to one side or another when both teams were already walking in the opposite direction and you get a referee who was completely out of his depth. As one of our supporters said today, he would sit the wrong way round on a toilet.

He was really lucky that the players didn't decide to take matters into their own hands, but Epsom and Horley deserve credit for keeping their heads and sticking to the game.

In summary we only scored after 93 minutes but Horley were only good for a ten minute spell just after half time and we were totally robbed having played most of the football. If Kyle Hough moves up a level as he surely must do shortly, Horley will struggle next year. We've really missed him.

I don't think "deliberate" is necessary - it is a sending-off if an obvious goalscoring opportunity is denied by an offence punishable by a free-kick or penalty kick which you suggest was correctly awarded? I'm sure one of the Refs on here can clarify

Cobham 0-2 Knaphill

A great result for us today against a good Cobham side, Knaphill lead at half time 1-0 through Craig Knowles and wrapped it up 10 mins into the second half when Luke Craig found the top corner after great work from Shadrack Williams, special praise for our keeper Jimmy Edwick today who was absolutely fantastic and saved a very well struck penalty...

Good luck to Cobham for the rest of the season, very welcoming people.

Up The Knappers!!!

In reply to ed, seroiusly you were robbed, I dont know where you got that from. Yes the ref was bad but that went both ways. It was a blatent sending off for your keeper.

we did not play well today but you played a lot worse.

to be honest we should of won the game by 5 or 6 nil.

dont want to be horrible, but just being honest it was the worst epsom team I have seen.

As for kyle yes a good player but we do create a lot of chances for him.

I don't think "deliberate" is necessary - it is a sending-off if an obvious goalscoring opportunity is denied by an offence punishable by a free-kick or penalty kick which you suggest was correctly awarded? I'm sure one of the Refs on here can clarify

Correct. Even a 'careless' challenge (free kick, no card) will count in this situation.

I fully understand why this can be felt as unfair, but the referee was correct in Law. Please note that this is something FIFA are looking at in terms of a Law change for next season: One item on the agenda is how to change DOGSO to avoid the situation described, where a player has genuinely gone for the ball, but still fouled the opponent.

Sorry to be controversial here but I have just witnessed one of the all time worst ever refereeing performances in thirty years of watching live games.

People who know me, know that I will tell it as it is and when our boys are poor I will say so, but we have been totally robbed today by a referee (and two assistants that were of little help) who made more obvious wrong decisions than I have maybe ever seen.

After dominating but in fairness not really doing much with the possession, we got caught right on half time when a Horley player broke through the middle (he was offside according to a few people on the sidelines) and was brought down when our keeper made a genuine effort to reach the ball. On a wet and windy day and with the Horley player going at speed the referee chose to send our keeper off.

As far as I was aware you have to deliberately prevent a goal scoring opportunity and whilst he prevented one and rightly conceded the penalty, he didn't do it deliberately. Shocking decision but he missed at least three corners that were very clear yet he gave them as goal kicks. He missed a nasty leg breaker from one of our players who should have had a yellow card, then refused to even speak to a Horley player who belted the ball forty yards away after being pulled up for offside. Throw in another three or four bizarre decisions where he awarded free kicks to one side or another when both teams were already walking in the opposite direction and you get a referee who was completely out of his depth. As one of our supporters said today, he would sit the wrong way round on a toilet.

He was really lucky that the players didn't decide to take matters into their own hands, but Epsom and Horley deserve credit for keeping their heads and sticking to the game.

In summary we only scored after 93 minutes but Horley were only good for a ten minute spell just after half time and we were totally robbed having played most of the football. If Kyle Hough moves up a level as he surely must do shortly, Horley will struggle next year. We've really missed him.

Doesnt have to be deliberate Ed.

Ed, you say the ref missed a nasty leg breaker from one of your players, that should have got a yellow card, surely it would/should be a red card?

Chessington & Hook 2-1 Windsor

Great win for C&H in awful conditions, very windy and wet with the rain becoming torrential in the second half. I did begin to wonder if we might be in trouble if it continued to lash down. Not particularly impressed with Windsor although they had plenty of chances. C&H didn't look like a struggling side and took the lead after about 30 minutes. Windsor equalised after the break and then exerted some pressure as you'd expect, but were caught offside more often than not. C&H won it in the last minute.

On that showing and with Guildford's win, I don't think there's much doubt as to where the title is heading this season.

Cue NG.....

No complaints from me. One or two of the offside calls looked very suspicious especially when the Asst in question only raised the flag after an appeal from the C&H defenders. Throughout the second half I was saying that we would be lucky to get away with a point. As it was we ended up with none. Well done, and credit to C&H who looked a totally different outfit to the ones we defeated easily earlier in the season.

lammas 2-1 frimley green

a good result for lammas against a new look frimley. goals from shane rideout and ben jacon secured the points. Frimley were decent and if they can keep the players they have and add a few more they will be contenders next year. sour note was the referee was awful and ruined the game for both teams. both his officials agreed he was bad and he was being assesed too.

lammas 2-1 frimley green

a good result for lammas against a new look frimley. goals from shane rideout and ben jacon secured the points. Frimley were decent and if they can keep the players they have and add a few more they will be contenders next year. sour note was the referee was awful and ruined the game for both teams. both his officials agreed he was bad and he was being assesed too.

And will get stronger too

WP 7 Sheerwater 5

Game of two halves. WP 7-0 up at half time shooting down the hill with the wind. Second half roles reversed and if we had taken all our chances like WP did would of come away with a better result. What a game though, strangest I have ever been involved in.

NLN what has gone wrong at Westfield this season, you had a great start to the season and done the double over the Lammas and beat Warlingham away, yet when you have been beat you have been hammered in 4 of those gamesby 4-5 goals, have you lost players from the start of the season.

Genuine question by the way, im not trying to wind you up or anything.

Think you'll find that the only infringement where a referee needs to consider if it is deliberate, or not, is handball. All other infringements intent is irrelevent, so by your own admission ther referee was correct to dismiss the goalkeeper.

NLN what has gone wrong at Westfield this season, you had a great start to the season and done the double over the Lammas and beat Warlingham away, yet when you have been beat you have been hammered in 4 of those gamesby 4-5 goals, have you lost players from the start of the season.

Genuine question by the way, im not trying to wind you up or anything.

Confidence team - when we're good we're good but when we we're bad we are extremley bad !!

We can beat anyone on our day but unfortunately of late we havent had many of those days

Egham Town 3 South Park 2

South Park will be kicking themselves for this. In the first half we were full of attacking flair but unable to get shots on goal, whereas South Park hit the target regularly and scored through Smiths Chris and George. Paul Borg was in excellent form for us in goal. In the second half we made one change, with Brendan Matthew on for Enrico Rossoni and on the hour Dale Marvell had a free header to make it 1-2. We battered the Park goal but those shots that were on target were blocked by defenders or keeper Kieran Lavery, who played superbly. Then Marvell was able to sweep in a cross on 88 minutes and on 91 he took a corner that Aarron Taylor-Ives met with an unstoppable header into the right corner. Considering we could have gone in three or four down this was a magnificent resurrection. Well done John, Wayne, Colin and the players.

Had to laugh at that bit of mistaken identity. Lavery is a striker and suspended so doubt he was in goal. It was Stonecold Steve Austin's stunt double, Wastell in goal.

WP 7 Sheerwater 5

Game of two halves. WP 7-0 up at half time shooting down the hill with the wind. Second half roles reversed and if we had taken all our chances like WP did would of come away with a better result. What a game though, strangest I have ever been involved in.

Sounds like 'Sheer' madness YV ! I guess thats why we all love football so much it can be so unpredictable at times :)

WP 7 Sheerwater 5

Sounds like 'Sheer' madness YV ! I guess thats why we all love football so much it can be so unpredictable at times :)

Oh don't it was incredible. It was a game of two halfs that were identical and as Young Vet says, had they taken their chances (they hit the bar and a couple of other half chances) then it would have been a 14 goal thriller! It honestly felt like we had lost the game at the final whistle - we just completely lost the plot second half. We had to make a couple of substitutions at the break which affected our back four but take nothing away from Sheerwater who played pretty well in the second half and threw everything at us including the kitchen sink! From 7-0 up at half time to 7-5 with about 10 mins to go, it was certainly squeeky bum time for us!

WP 7 Sheerwater 5

Oh don't it was incredible. It was a game of two halfs that were identical and as Young Vet says, had they taken their chances (they hit the bar and a couple of other half chances) then it would have been a 14 goal thriller! It honestly felt like we had lost the game at the final whistle - we just completely lost the plot second half. We had to make a couple of substitutions at the break which affected our back four but take nothing away from Sheerwater who played pretty well in the second half and threw everything at us including the kitchen sink! From 7-0 up at half time to 7-5 with about 10 mins to go, it was certainly squeeky bum time for us!

I wish TRS was at your game recording ! Sounds like the game of the season !