Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trivial Pursuit

David Holden

Seeing as we have had no takers - the answer was President Polk who named it after the inventor Mr. Erie apparently.

New question:

What substance did Hitchcock use to recreate blood whilst making Psycho?

Sorry chaps. It's been a bit frantic. 12 points from 17 games. Bottom of the League. One manager goes, a new one arrives. Weighty affairs of state so no time for trivia.

It's chocolate sauce. The movie was made in black and white to lessen the horror of the 'blood' in the shower scene.

Once again, sorry chaps. I've been more than a little distracted. Bottom of the League. 14 points from 19 games. A new manager resigns after 7 days for no discernable reason. His assistant, Chris Lilliput or something like that, steps up and tells everyone that he is the new boss. 3 players out. 3 in, 2 more transfer-listed. Eventually, two weeks later, he is appointed to the post. 2 points from the last two games against Mighty Margate and Mighty Hornchurch vindicates the decision as he is our most successful manager this month.

I think that the first prize in the Supporters Club raffle on matchdays should be 'Manager for the day'. Thinking about it, the prize should be 'Manager for the next match' as the raffle is usually drawn at half-time, and that would be too late to start for that day.

No time for trivia, therefore. More's the pity. I have a question but I'll hold it until I answer another.

Apologies again.

It's named after the European Hobby (Subbuteo Subbuteo) The story is that he wanted to call it "Hobby Football" but the patent office wouldn't let him so this was the closest he could get.

BTW a hobby is a small bird of prey related to the falcon.