Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trivial Pursuit

David Holden

Seeing as you're all galloping ahead, Fleet USA is wrong with Weybridge. The answer was Leatherhead.

Never mind. I don't know the Planet of the Apes answe, so carry on..

3 apes, ChrisBlanc ?

My film search engine only gives one name in one specific film !!!

Cornelius in Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes & Escape from the Planet of the Apes. In conquest of the Planet of the Apes he played Caesar, the son of Cornelius and Zira. He also played Caesar in Battle for the Planet of the Apes.

Thus, I think he only played two apes in the series. I think I'm right so I'll ask a question:

Name the world's highest waterfalls.

Tony Blair.

Bizarrely I asked a very similar question earlier in the thread.

Next:

What was originally sold as the "esteemed brain tonic and intellectual beverage"?

Quote:
FLEETFANNo1USA said:
Five pieces of wood at either end, are the stumps ,connected by a chain, 22 yards or 66 feet,is the pitch, real measurements not that Euro crap.

Sorry, I may sound thick but I'm not a big cricekt fan. Why the use of the word 'chain'?

If I remember rightly, (and no I haven't gone on the internet), this was the cushy job in the old navy, taking soundings when sailing into shallow waters, where a man dropped a lead weight over the bow. This weight would drop and the rope would be 'knotted' at intervals so the depth could be measured.

Any good, Fleet USA ??

Taken from a website

Chain

Unit of length, equal to 22 yards, which is the length of a cricket pitch. When I was at school, we were given such chains to measure things with - each chain made up of 100 links. There are 10 chains to the furlong. Not seen much these days, but still seen on not-so-old maps etc.

Hope that clarifies my question.