Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trivial Pursuit

David Holden

It is the measurement of the reflection of solar rays from the earth to the dark part of the moon, then back to the earth. Obviously variable !!

What was the Vulgate a version of ?

OK Chrisblanc, so I searched the web ! Interesting. Apparently, its dropping. I quote:-

"In May 1 issue of the journal, Geophysical Research Letters, published by the American Geophysical Union, a team of scientists from the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the California Institute of Technology report that Earth's albedo, the fraction of sunlight it reflects, is currently 0.297, with a margin of error of 0.005.

"Earth's climate is driven by the net sunlight that it absorbs," says Philip R. Goode, leader of the New Jersey Institute of Technology team, Director of the Big Bear Solar Observatory, and a Distinguished Professor of Physics at NJIT. "We have found surprisingly large--up to 20 percent--seasonal variations in Earth's reflectance. Further, we have found a hint of a 2.5-percent decrease in Earth's albedo over the past five years." If Earth reflected " Unquote.

Can I have a go now ?

That's it, Mr H, but I'm waiting for Chrisblanc's OK, as he got pedantic. (Big word for a Tuesday !)

Great, Mr H ! Lets keep going.

I thought it was Methuselah , so I checked. Seems to be right !

"And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years" (Genesis 5:27).

"As long as Methuselah lived, the Flood did not come upon the world. And when Methuselah died, it was withheld for another seven days after his death to fulfill the period of mourning" (Avot d’Rabbi Natan 32:1)."

969, Wow. He collected some old age pension !

In light of Saddams capture:

What three drugs are used in the U.S. (North Carolina), to execute by lethal injection and what are their purposes ??

Gruesome, or what ?

Sodium thiopental, followed by Pancuronium Bromide and finishing with Potassium Chloride.

Right, seeing as we're all surfing the net to find answers, let's see if I can think of a tricky one!:

Name the style of singing, popular between the 30s and the 60s, used by backing groups to nonsense syllables.

My trust search engine came up with SCAT SINGING. Allegdly, popularised by Louis Armstrong.

Any good. Mr H ??