Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trivial Pursuit

David Holden

"sort of but not quite"? "SORT OF BUT NOT QUITE"?

Eh? My answer is so obscure that it can only be right or wrong, surely.

I feel a 'stewards' coming up here, Grimlock, so I'll try once more, just for clarity.

A visiting team scored in the 5th minute through player A and the same player scored again in the 22nd minute. One of his team-mates, player B, extended the lead to 3-0 in the 23rd minute. The home team hit back from the restart to reduce the deficit to 1-3 in the 24th minute. The home fans were ecstatic when, in the 43rd minute, the lads scored again to come back to 2-3 but, just a minute later, in the 44th, player A completed his hat-trick.

Result 2-4. That's 'what the sequence of numbers means'.

Now if the correct answer is "That was the scoring sequence in the 1908 quarter final of the Kent Intermediate Cup between local rivals Gravesend and Dartford, I wont apologise for not having that depth of knowledge.

[Phew! It didn't used to be like this on here.]

Gravesend & Northfleet?

If not, I'll give it best and leave the thing to someone with greater knowledge.

You remind me of someone, Grimlock. There used to be a chap on here who came on every now and then and asked the most obscure question about U.S. Ice Hockey. The answers were stuff like "358 assists", "1004 goals in 927 matches". Nothing as simple as "Wayne Gretsky" or "Puck". I wonder where he is now?

Good luck for the rest of the season.

The answer could well be Tomas Gridzzzzwlskovic, playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1935, gnfcMM.

No seriously. Our boy Lee Clarke has 10 from 8 games this season, and now holds the club record for scoring in eacg of the first 8 League games of the season.

Did your man Stadhart[?] or whoever score in the first 6 games of last season or the one before [time flies] and those were the times?

It may not be that parochial, of course. Owen's first 6 goals for Real Madrid?

[i haven't been on here for a while gnfcMM. Are the questions always like this one? I prefer the train ones!]

Hold on. Who has scored in every round of the FA Cup? Jeff Astle? I thought of Osgood but then, no.

OK, Grimlock. The times of the goals scored by Jeff Astle when he scored in every round of the FA Cup.

[Good guess, huh?]

Ok got it. England's progress in the 2002 World Cup.

1-1 draw with Sweden (goal after 24 minutes from Sol Campbell)

1-0 victory over Argentina (goal on 43 minutes from Beckham)

0-0 draw with Nigeria

3-0 victory over Denmark (goals on 5 from Ferdinand, 22 Owen and 44 Heskey)

and finally the 2-1 defeat by Brazil where Owen scored the first after 23 minutes.

England famously died on their [****!!****] in the heat of Japan/Korea and could not play any football at all in the second half.

It was uunusually tricky but it was nice to have a challenge for once. You couldn't just whack those numbers into Google and find the answer. However, here is a question you probably can google:

In 1964, what did Peter Sellers become the 1st man to do?

Thanks Grimlock.

Not right either David although your answer may "technically" be right it is not what I want. The clue is very much in the question.

No objection to be lodged or anything Martin, but I've just checked this one on the internet thingy. You, and Mr Holden are quite right in that he was the first to appear etc. And that's the answer written on your card, of course.

But out of curiousity only, in 1964, he was the first actor to be nominated for an Oscar having played more than one character in a movie. Three, in Dr Strangelove.

Come on DH.