Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MOTM v Carshalton Athletic

BlueGate Alan

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your best player for us

• J Turner
    • A Lacey
    • D Stubbs
    • J Keister
    • G Cooper
    • D Young
    • N Barnes
    • T Benjamin
    • L Huggins
    • J Pinnock
    • S Jones
    • L Blackman

Aaron had a good game, seemed to get much more of the ball on the right this game. For me though I am going to go for Ty Benjamin, got some great challenges in and seemed to have a good motor on him, solid debut IMO.

Edited by BlueGate Alan

Aaron Lacy for me outstanding contribution

Top candidates were, Arron, Sam Jones, Ty Benjamin, Grant Cooper and Stubbsy.

Jonesy deserves a mention for that goal, but I think he tries to do too much, always trying to pass just one more man which more than often means he loses possession, so for that reason he doesn't get my vote.

As I remarked on the Blog, on Saturday ... Aaron, taking throws from both sides, making space down the flank and rushing back to defence, played a real Captains game - so he gets my vote.

Yes Jones does deserve a mention for that goal.Was brilliantly struck,not overhit & executed perfectly taking the wind into account - (why dont others shoot more often??), however I have to say Jonesy was awful for the rest of the game I thought & even in I.O.s interview even he mentioned he was about to be taken off (though he did make light of that remark).

As you say though he tends to take on one to many.Does excellent work rounding 2,3 or more players & I love seeing him do that but an end product is missing in his play.

On one occasion I was right behind the goal & he rounding a few & had an excellent chance on his proper right foot to shoot on goal & I was screaming for him to do just that but he took another touch & shot let footed just past the far post when the earlier right footed chance was the easier & better option & could have produced a goal.

He also needs to stop shying out of tackles,a remark which applies to Llyod Blackman too.Not Jonesy's best game to date for us but I do love seeing him taking those players on....to a point.

Edited by Cookie

Tony, let's not be too harsh on ANY of the team after turning around their form. It's a team game and without Jay we were always going to find it a little tougher. Positive for tomorrow.

Having said that, I do agree that Lloyd isn't good enough, but he doesn't count as he's a benchwarmer :biglaugh:

Edited by Porka

Tony, let's not be too harsh on ANY of the team after turning around their form. It's a team game and without Jay we were always going to find it a little tougher. Positive for tomorrow.

I didnt think I WAS being over critical of him. I think I made balanced comments with a touch of constructive criticism thrown in.

so much criticism of Sam, most talented player in the team if you ask me, so much quality you wont find many teams in this league with his skill, and what a goal, good enough for me to be man of the match.

No SO much criticism Tom.Hey,dont get me wrong I want to see him in MY team everytime. its just that.......well lets just say he could improve his game even further.

I guessed his goal was the reason why some have voted for him. .

Edited by Cookie

Aaron and Sam now taken a joint lead. Don't forget this poll will close at 4pm today. (ish) :)

Edited by BlueGate Alan

Agreed there Mike, IMO Sam isn't in the side for his tackling abilities but for his undoubted skill on the ball which does win us quite a few free kicks when you think about it!

It is true that Sam doesn't like a hard tackle and could improve his decision making on when to pass the ball,but I do enjoy watching his skills and with the right manager to guide him the rest will come.For an absolutely outstanding goal he gets my vote.

Sam ... does win us quite a few free kicks

In my opinion he goes down to easy. Sometimes I think he goes down because he knows he's about to lose the ball... But his goal on Saturday was an absolute cracker!

Doesn't quite compare to Billy Dunn's goal early on this season. Remember that one?

Much better than Billy's IMO Stuy. As for going down easy as far as I remember it is because he has got past the defender or defenders and is then brought down by them from behind!