Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TONIGHT RESULTS

Butts

Agree with all you said there Weeble.

E&E had the better first half and were sharper all over pitch and deserved the 2 goal lead. Felt we upped our workrate in the second and were by far the better side, but just lacked the killer touch (we have at home all season).

Felt our lads put in another good account of what they can do when they put their mind to it and the future does look promising for the club when you consider that of the 13 outfield players in last nights squad, 7 currently play for the U18 side!

E&E reminded me a bit of how Merstham played last season in they look to get the ball high and wide as quick as poss. Everyone knows their job and they dont look to do anything that they shouldn't and just keep doing the same thing regardless. A good side.

Cant agree with some of your commemts Kroons (there's a suprise).

The knee to the back in question..... the lad has run 20yds to win the ball and his momentum has taken him thru the back of our player who was standing still when jumping for the ball. Not only did he run thru the player he also had his knee raised. Surely you cant challenge in that way?

I have no problems with the other tackles/challenges/fouls, whatever you like to call them. At the end of the day thats what a derby is sometimes all about. You have to raise your game and give some back.

Possesion wise i felt we dominated but lacked the final ball and the finish to cap off some good moves. We badly lack a strong centre forward. Missing Ashley Childs is huge. It's not a coincidence that we have had a fantastic two thirds of a season with him and a poor third without him.

The difference between Ash and Cove last night was just simply they have high quality upfont. We at the moment dont.

Still, if you had seen the team we had pre season compared to the team we put together by October/November, i think we have done very well. Injuries have hit a small squad badly.

9 games to go with 27 points up for grabs.

Blimey JJ I thought you were in hibernation wink

You were both closer than me I can only comment on the view I had from the stands. Also I disagree you dominated possession. 1st half was even. Girling had 1 chance and Lydon had 2 shots at goal. That was it 1st half. 2nd half Ash looked like scoring every time they went forward whereas you guys did resort to just thumping it forward. Any side would miss Ashley Childs and it is always difficult at this level to have strength in depth so injuries do tend to cost most sides so that is where you guys have been unlucky. Also I have witnessed Cambo go off the boil once they realised the title is out of grasp and I wonder if that is something that is affecting you guys as well.

After last night's result I'm pleased to say we are now safe from relegation excited

Definately a game of two halves, fair play to Cobham who worked really hard for the full 90 minutes. It's obviously been a hard time for them but the youngsters have done really well, and with a bit more experience they would be a decent team, well, apart from the moaning old git of a keeper they have... attentat

And I don't like the keeper's shirt he wears either...

This is a bit of a pet hate of mine, nothing personal Jurg, but I think senior teams at level 5 shouldn't be wearing replica anything of premiership teams. I feel the same when I see one of our guys warm up in a Fulham top.

Well it would be the last one I would personally choose.

I agree with you. We only wear them as a club as we have struggled for sponsorship to cover new kit and Chelsea offered us quite a lot of the kit last summer so took the offer. We do use the tops for our warm up and occasionally the actual kit, but try to stick with the club colours. Our normal grey top wasn't available for me to wear last night.

Frimley Green 1 Staines Lammas 2

Took the lead a-la Liverpools 4th goal aginst Man U on Sat.

1 - 1 at half time through poor defending but a good finish.

Staines went 2 - 1 up before an off the ball incident kicked things off. One of our players was alledged to have punched the SL full back. No one on our bench saw it and not many of our players either. The officials missed it as well which wound the SL bench up and for the 2nd season running, the Staines manager was sent from the duggout at our place. The sponge man was told to go as well but the referee said he could stay due to his position

Krooner - correct me if wrong, but I think he should still have been sent and our sponge man asked to carry out duties.

The game was a bit niggly for the next 5 but settled down. Frimley offered little goling forward and Staines looked more lively - impressed with Baker.

SL got pen in last couple but Coombes weak telegraphed penalty was saved by Watto.

Unfortunate to hear the full back who got 'hit' (im not saying he didn't as there was claret, but I did not see it) saying they would get us back at their place - last game of the season. I perked up saying that they would have won the league by then to which he replied 'does not matter' - think he needs to grow up and let the football do the talking.

Draw may have been a fair result, but the way we defended, got what we deserved.

They have changed it then.

The referee will report him. I forgot to mention that our sponge man got reported as well. He was chatting to his Dad outside of the technical area as he collected a ball. Lino told him to go back to the dugout and sponge kept going ok, ok and then on the 5th occasion said 'Steve, grow up' and the lino started waving his flag sgt major style.

Oh Well

I don't normally comment on officials, but I thought last night that two of them were a disgrace.

One assistant looked like he'd changed out of his boy-scouts uniform into black and thought he was doing 'bob-a-job'.

He certainly didn't have a clue what his flag was for until he'd checked to see what the man in the middle thought he should do.

Never mind. 'Dib dib dib - Dob dob dob'. He'll probably get a razor for his next birthday.

Thankfully, thats not my department, Kroons. Believe you me, they were told in no uncertain terms after the game.

I would have thought that a possible league promotion match would have warranted more experienced officials.

Eldest Grand-Daughter, (18 next Tuesday), was standing beside me and said she could have done a much better job. Perhaps the Sussex Ladies League better watch out.

(Yes - she has transfered to another County League to play, even though the team is in Surrey. See below.)

Originally Posted By: TRS
Dorking 2-3 Knaphill

Three points tossed carelessly away by Chicks, as Knappers came back from 2-0 down despite having only ten men.

Knappers had the better of the early play, but Phil Page put Chicks ahead before the break with an excellent overhead kick which must be a contender for Chicks goal of the season. On 52 minutes Knaphill's no.8 saw red for kicking out and Chicks scored from the free kick, a thumping header from Newman.

So Knaphill 2 down and with ten men but they were good value, although vulnerable to quick breakaways from Dorking. Just 3 minutes after Dorking went 2 up, Knaphill got one back - i think it was their no. 9 who sent the ball sailing over the keeper. Chicks were wasteful and Knaphill were battling. 87 minutes and a free kick just outside the box, hit low and hard into the net 2-2. In the 93rd minute Knaphill's no.3 (i think) picked up the ball, must have been 30 yards out and thumped it into the net.

Have to say very well done to Knappers, to score 3 goals away from home when down to ten men shows great spirit. I won't comment further on Chicks mad

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day at Meadowbank shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Woking now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon