Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boo Boys

Frankie100

I'll go along with that, in fact I think it could be said, whatever the outcome of this season, about all of the young players who we have seen in the first team.

As for Danny Stubbs, with his work rate and enthusiasm he is the nearest we have had for years to the likes of Terry Joyce and Jimmy Bonds. For anyone who saw those two, praise doesn't come any higher.

Originally Posted By: Joseba
Originally Posted By: Iris's Tea Hut
BGA, no I wasn't - can't throttle the lino from there...

Ah so you are the reason why a Steward was placed by the Ezicel stand on Saturday to protect the Lino. The colur of his skin was not the reason then.

coolsmoke

No, not to my knowledge - I never hurl abuse at anyone. Sometimes I let the officials know they're incompetent, if they are incompetent. Didn't know there was any racial abuse (didn't even know the linesman was coloured). I certainly wouldn't be part of that.

As for the issue surrounding Dan Stubbs, I think some perspective is needed here. Yes, he had a quiet game. Yes, he is blessed with ability and workrate at a level higher than most in this league. Yes, there were a couple of people barracking him on occassions, quite unjustifiably. Tjhose poeple will move on to someone else next week. It's not right, but it happens. I for one will join in with any chorus of 'we love you stubbsy, we do'!

I think a rendition of "He's here, he's there, he's every-f**ing where" is more appropriate for Stubbsy (although, obviously, we can't sing that at home....ahem... let's not open another can of worms...)

As others have said, wasn't his greatest game on Saturday, but, nonetheless, he still worked tirelessly and his effort could not be doubted. He's certainly been one of our brighter stars this campaign.

Drummer, I agree with you that Terry Joyce and Jimmy Bonds (my all time favourite) were great Margate players. Blue through and through, but they had bad games from time to time.

Whenever I have seen Dan Stubbs this season he has given 100% effort and I feel more confident when he is in the team.

Players respond to encouragement and support and need it even more when things are not going well for them. The so called minority boo boys cannot be true "supporters" and should be boo'd out of the ground. They get my flak whenever I hear abuse at our players.

Quite agree Richg, obviously TJ & JB would have had bad games from time to time.

I was referring to attitude and, as I intimated, Danny Stubbs' attitude and effort is everything that TJ/JB's was - 100%.