Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

are romford...

Originally Posted By: Jenko
C**t!

When we meeting for a beer? Its Hookey's birthday get him out!

You dozy kent, my berfday's not until 22nd July (8 days after Bastille Day) grin

PS. It'll be my 50th and I'll be in Ireland.

No, Coup said his birthday was on "Jour de Bastille" (Bastille Day). Knowing this to be 14th July, I said my birthday was 8 days later. Capiche?

The recent ESL sides of Hornchurch, Concord and Brentwood were certainly almost untouchable, and won other trophies along the way, with some class players. To some degree the teams were assembled with the implicit aim of winning the league, and apart from some notable games, all three teams were too strong for the opposition.

I am not so sure we had the same expectation this season, and this unbeaten run has crept up upon us. It is more of a squad achievement than a team effort. I agree that the teams that have left the ESL, the 3 above, Tilbury and WA have been stronger than those that have joined (Takeley excepted). There are plenty of players, Clayton, Finn, Mulrooney, Turner that would get into most other ESL sides. What Romford don't have is one player scoring all the goals. Currently we do not have anyone in the top 6 -8 scoresrs, which is unusual for a side currently top.

Still 16 points needed, so plenty to play for, and Clapton will give us a run for our money tomorrow.

who are the top 6-8 scorers in the league??[/

The top seven are :-

Chris Lewis Barkingside 19

Danny Demetriou Stansted 19

Brad Jones Enfield 1893 16

Troy Hewitt Clapton 15

Neil Hughes Enfield 1893 15

Paul Kavanagh Romford 14

Chris Grove Takeley 13

It's the old adage of you can only beat what's in front of you and that's exactly what Romford have done. They are as worthy as any team before them of being champions.

Although the top teams may not have the strength of recent seasons, there's no doubt that the mid-table and bottom teams have improved a great deal from last season. There's been no walkovers or easy games for anyone this term which is something that couldn't be said about previous seasons.

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
How many goals did Brad Jones score for Barkingside, before his move, and Brad Jones scored 20 goals for Romford last season.. Keep up Jabba..

8 goals for Barkingside

I think the league may not be as strong as previous seasons, but its possibly more competitive?

Everyone is capable of nicking points off each other, and no-one can easily predict every result (apart from a Romford win it seems), and thats making it a little more exciting and interesting.

Some good players have come and gone due to chasing the money, but with most clubs on shoe string or no budgets, we now have players who want to work hard in the ESL in order to progress up the ladder.

Im pleased we finally had a decent thread talking about ESL issues, and wasnt ruined by YidArmy, Coachie and his inability to type sensibly. However Jenko did well to ruin it cause he is a fcking ugly c*ntchop, who could be Martin Keowns lovechild grin