Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

are romford...

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
Kavs and Such should have had winners' medals last season.. end-of-season choke prevented it..

A Bowers keeper 5 stars performance prevented it and a goal disallowed...

Originally Posted By: Lightweight
And remember Barkingside were on a Zero budget.

A bowl of curry rice after thursday training and a

Coachie, it depends on how you define stronger. I agree there is less of a gap between the stronger and the weaker teams.

The good thing about this season is that there are no thrashings on the scale of last season.

But tell me honestly, where are the players that can compete with Trenks, Big D, Cowley, Anton, Sherwin, Paul Dennis etc? (Apologies to those omitted).

Out of those you mentioned i would only take Big D and Cowley.Anton is finished at Sevenoaks,Stanley can't finish a la Andy Cole and Trenks at 26 is at his swan-song!!! evilI keep my Hart,Wilson,Barrington,Strachan,Salmon,Martin,Wacko, and co plus spiderman Adam l'uomo ragno!! evil

As we are talking on a serious note, I have seen a few matches this season, but players who have impressed are the five dog at Mauritius, Galsworthy and a few others at Takeley, although they did bugger all yesterday. Even Clapton looked sharp the other week and have come the closest to ending our unbeaten run. Didn't go to Hullbridge but heard they came close a few times.. Enfield well deserved to beat us in the cups, but PM used his squad rotation which ended in two league wins.

The league is no where as strong and the quality has dropped. From when I first played in the ESL 6/7 years ago the league has gone down.

However what has changed is that the teams are all closer in terms of overall quality compared to each other which means the league is more competitive and apparently no easy games but the overall quality of the league is lower.

Originally Posted By: Hookey
Coachie, it depends on how you define stronger. I agree there is less of a gap between the stronger and the weaker teams.

The good thing about this season is that there are no thrashings on the scale of last season.

But tell me honestly, where are the players that can compete with Trenks, Big D, Cowley, Anton, Sherwin, Paul Dennis etc? (Apologies to those omitted).

I don't think the standard of the league is as good as it has been over the years and certainly not as good as it was when we won it in 96 but staying unbeaten for this long is a very good achievment.

As for players that can compete with them you mention, obviously being biased there are some class players at romford like Finny, Turner, Mackin etc