Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC v Wealdstone

Tony_T

Blues played better than Wealdstone in the first half and should have gone in at half-time 1-0 up. Ref disallowed a perfectly good goal and the consensus amongst Blues fans was that he turned down at least 2 penalty shouts for Wealdstone so was not going to let us have a goal!

Once Wealdstone scored, our heads went down and we were chasing the game.

First time I've seen Lacey and his long throws - they are a danger but only if we can get someone with some height on the end of them!!

Peters and Wilson looked hungry to score but just not on target today. We still seem a little reluctant to shoot in front of goal.

Not bad overall, just a little unlucky once again.

Sorry the updates weren't as good as they could have been - that's the wonder (or not!) of mobile internet!

Finally, a big thank you to all those who sent me best wishes and cards today! Oh, Ian - stick it up your ar$e!

Our goal which would have put us 1-0 up was a perfectly good goal.Gregs jumped fairly with the keeper and the ref got it totally wrong.Their goal was the worst decision in the history of football.Their guy was yards offside,I was standing right behind the lino and we were in line with the play.It was not even close,the lino must be blind because he could not have failed to see it.Everybody stopped except their centre forward who couln't believe his luck.That made it 2-0 and our heads seemed to drop and we were lucky not to concede more.To be honest a draw would have been a fair result but we need to improve to get a result on Tuesday.

Re; our disallowed goal. Like many others I was standing close to the incident and frankly could not see anything wrong - the ref afterwards indicated that our man had been using his hands/arms and pushing down on the keeper. To me that was utter rubbish as both of them went for it in the way that forwards and goalkeepers used to do in the "old days". I really don't know how the likes of Tommy Lawton, Nat Lofthouse or Margate players such as Freddie Kearns, Jimmy Briscoe and others would have survived in today's game - probably been sent off after two or three minutes!

Just out of interest, have a look on Jeff Trice's wonderful history site and see some of the challenges made on goalkeepers on the 1950's by our forwards such as Peter Vandepeer and Lionel Phillips. Nothing dirty, just a good challenge in a contact sport.

Goalkeepers get quite enough protection nowadays and this goal looked perfectly reasonable to me.

Another sore point; I believe one of our players got a booking (or at least a lecture) for kicking the ball away. Anyone tell me the difference between kicking the ball away and a defender, a couple of feet from the touch line near the end of the game clearing the ball with a mighty hoof into the gardens over the wall when he could have tapped it over the line?

Not excuses Ian, just reasons; we are briefly outlining the reasons for our defeat.

To be frank, today, we were poor. Created little (virtually nothing in the second half) and for both goals, our defence just seemed to part like the Red Sea. In the end, we could have lost by more, if one of their players was actually capable of hitting a barn door! But, ultimately, you have to say, that if the perfectly legitimate goal had been given, and had we gone in at half-time one up, it could have been a very different game. Will have to improve dramatically to get anything out of Tuesday's game.

But, nevertheless, keep the faith!

I think it is also fair to say that in the first half their goalkeeper made a couple of good saves, one great one in fact, and their no.4 got his head in the way of a couple of shots, one from Wayne Wilson which had him reeling for a minute or two.

But Dutch Mike is correct, had the goal been allowed it could have been different but in fairness we were not good in the second half.

spoke to ty last night even he said that was a goal,he was well gutted we lost and he even said again WE NEED A STRIKER someone who can react in front of goal, once we have that in place we are nearly complete as a side,and he said they are still looking and phoning but finding it hard this side of the season to get a forward.

I thought we were a bit unlucky but up front we looked short of ideas. Luke Wheatley really impressed me again, winning the majority of his headers and is really looking like an established player now. The defence is generally sorted, a goalscorer would keep up up.