Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The quality of the ESL and youth football

Yeah too right. B*ll*ks to all that PC rubbish where kids can't lose and sport shouldn't be competitive. Winning and losing is part of life not just sport and kids need to know that sometimes you don't get what you want! Maybe thats why other countries are ahead of us sport wise.

Someone I respected and loved dearly once said to me when I was a kid....'You should hate to lose....but don't be bad loser'. Quite fitting I think.

Originally Posted By: never been
Originally Posted By: cider
Originally Posted By: Hookey
The problem is not at academy level, it's at grassroots, where there simply isn't enough room for lots of pitches at different sizes.
U/7 5-a side across a mini -soccer pitch,2 games small goals no goalkeepers.U/8 Goals on edge of area play 6-a side.u/9 play 7-a-side on mini-soccer pitch.u/10 8-A-SIDE mini soccer pitch.U/11 9-A-Side full size pitch goals on 18 yard box.u/12 full size pitch 16 by 7 Goals.U/13 normal size.

And what would you know about youth football?????????
Can you coach? are you qualified?
No i am not but a very long time ago i came across this guy who i watch coaching his his team and all the kids hated him because he demanded that they played like Spurs.Every penalty went either wide or was saved and this one particular lad wanted to play like Arsenal but the coach would not have it.I think all these types of managers end up in the ESL but i could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: never been
Originally Posted By: Hookey
The problem is not at academy level, it's at grassroots, where there simply isn't enough room for lots of pitches at different sizes.
U/7 5-a side across a mini -soccer pitch,2 games small goals no goalkeepers.U/8 Goals on edge of area play 6-a side.u/9 play 7-a-side on mini-soccer pitch.u/10 8-A-SIDE mini soccer pitch.U/11 9-A-Side full size pitch goals on 18 yard box.u/12 full size pitch 16 by 7 Goals.U/13 normal size.

And what would you know about youth football?????????
Can you coach? are you qualified?
No i am not but a very long time ago i came across this guy who i watch coaching his his team and all the kids hated him because he demanded that they played like Spurs.Every penalty went either wide or was saved and this one particular lad wanted to play like Arsenal but the coach would not have it.I think all these types of managers end up in the ESL but i could be wrong.

Cider

I am sure that this bloke was not hated by all just the one that wanted to play like A#####l. Just think how boring it would be to not score for 4 games.
By the way did his team win or play any decent football?

Perhaps you should try coaching, I am sure that someone of your intelligence would be good for the game.

Hope you enjoy the Europa league next year, bit of a come down though for supposedly the best team in London.