Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues v Dover (Tues 24th Feb)

jmez

Here we go again !

The old chestnut - We always seem to play well against bigger better teams - Far more enjoyable all round (even an ok ref !)

Well done lads

PS Gazza disappointed you didn't play any Quo, especially after a couple of 'Piledriver's ?!

PPS Piss poor crowd tho

Did the basics right tonight - played a formation the players seemed much happier with, and got men forward to support the strikers. Hopefully 4-3-3 can be kicked into touch permanently now...

Dover played some excellent football, passed it very well. We played more like an away team, trying to hit them on the break. Good to see Joe and Billy get a goal each, should hopefully give them the confidence they need.

Definately a good result tonight.

I think the 4-4-2 formation, shown tonight and in previous games, is the formation that we should be playing.

Flack and Bricknell worked well together, likewise all the team worked well, a much bigger improvement from Saturday, we kept working, we tried and we never gave up, it's all you can ask for.

Dover did play good football, having a lot of posession in the first half, however in the second half I thought that we had a lot more possesion then we did in the first half.

A very encouraging performance, more of the same please!

The main difference, apart that we worked hard, was the front pair had some service. I don't understand the people who have said that Bricknall and Flack can't play together. They can and they do very well. I was very impressed by both and they did the "ugly" stuff as well by tracking back.

I think what was shown last night was, what we can achieve when the whole team pull together and play as a unit. If we put in a performance into most of our league games, we would be higher up the league.

A very good performance and now only one game off the final.

Well done to the lads...

...could we keep "Mr. Jeckell" off the pitch on Saturday and get our first victory at Ramsgate please.

Paul B - Apologies for the lack of Quo but they have had an outing a couple of weeks ago. I did play "Heaven And Hell" - Black Sabbath tho...

As a fan the least you want from your team is pride, passion and commitment. They delivered that last night and despite a few squeaky bum moments near the end we thoroughly deserved our win. I just wish we could play like that every game.

That

What a difference it made last night by us actually playing as a team.

There seemed a lot more searching balls and commitment behind the go forward tonight and that paid off by us getting a great result against a very organised outfit.

Special mention to Flack and Bricknall for all their energy up front and the new guy on the right wing, he ran their left back ragged!!!!

It was a real cup tie type of game. End to end, and when-ever any team went forward you always thought a goal would be coming. Fergie had a stormer. Tucks deserves a mention for the penalty, and there was what looked to me a battling performance by the players out there. A very good performance all round but we do tend to do things the hard way ! We progrssively sat deeper toward the end and just (my opinion) but i hate it when teams do that as we had Dover on the back foot when we pressed.

As for Dover...I would like to congratulate them on (winning) the league. First time i have seen them this season and their off the ball movement and slick inter-passing was neat.

I thought Flack was unlucky on a couple of runs as he looked to have timed it correctly, and also the back four held as solidly as they could being backed up with support from the midfield, and Tucker was protected with his (apparant) injury.

All in all a very enjoyable game, and if there were any neutrals there last night i am sure it would have been a good advertisement.

Can we go all the way this year !

I agree with Keith about Dover's performance. One of the best teams I have seen at New Lodge for some time.

I think, though, that their approach of keeping the back line very high up the pitch benefited us immensely as Billy and Jo found it easier to "work the line" despite a flag-happy lino.

MoM for me was Jo Flack for his workrate and great header for the first.

Earlier comments about passion and energy were spot on.

Makes you wonder why none of this was apparent last Tuesday or Saturday?

Its nice to have come away from a game having enjoyed the game, and not only because of the result.

Same team, performance and result on Saturday please.

Originally Posted By: Keith.P

As for Dover...I would like to congratulate them on (winning) the league. First time i have seen them this season and their off the ball movement and slick inter-passing was neat.

Careful Keith...according to some Dover supporters, we're all "posh pikeys"...

...which is a contradiction of terms in my book.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable game of football of the sort we've been lacking at N.L. over recent weeks.

Both our goals from open play were quality; especially Joes from Ferggies cross. Cool head from Dave Wareham when needed & a penalty save from Tony Tucker all added to the excitement.

Great team effort.