Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a great atmosphere

blueblood

Tony is the Guru of football. We all agree with his comments and cannot wait for his pearls of wisdom every time he comes onto the forum. Take Saturday for instance. There I was walking back to the stand for the second half. They had just kicked off and as the queue had gone down I decided to get myself a welcome cuppa. And there in front of me in the queue was the man himself. We said our usual hellos and passed comment on the match so far. Then Margate get a corner. Quote Cookie, "Watch this, we're useless at corners we never challenge for anything in the air", as the ball takes flight. The rest is confined to history. Sorry Tone couldn't resist that one.

No problem Steve.I was anticipating something.(Thought I'd got away with it).It was funny though at the time.It was true though,all game we weren't getting to high balls in on goal & just as I say it they score with a header.

To add to that,after we went 2-0 up I mentioned to someone(could have been you again)that I had a prediction of 2-1 in a prediction league I am entered into,though of course I was hoping it wouldn't be. They scored very soon after that comment..2-1. (damn I thought).

Where our 3rd came from who knows I didn't say a dickie bird that time.

In future at every corner or attack I'm going to say "we'll never score today"! smile

As for the attendance,it won't have been the first time I'd been wrong so I concede.(I forgot to include the 100 in the bar when calculating wink )

Anyway,its good to see "a crowd" again. The letters from both Gary & Andy obviously helped matters so well done the two of you. Now to get those anti-Piper fans to attend again (he ain't going away guys) & we'll be back up to 500 again.

My first game for a long while, and i have to say i really enjoyed the atmosphere it was quite a jovial occasion... so much so im looking forward to our next home game, something i haven't said for the best part of a year and a half.

Up The Gate!... Yeah i felt a bit dirty for saying that being a fair-weather supporter and all!