Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Results

Flint700

The ground has passed its grading many times but they are not great I totally except. There are a lot worse out there but we are looking at more ground improvements that include a further dressing room block and two five a side astros out the back but they are some way off especially in this difficult economic climate. It's a massive IF to win the League this season, we are some way off and are way outsiders but we will keep going

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
Chertsey 2-1 Cove

1st Chertsey goal was after 5 minutes with some poor defending. Cove scored the equaliser but then gave away a very sloppy goal with a header back towards the keeper that never made it. This allowed Chertsey to go in at half time 2-1 up.

2nd half was generally even but neither team really made any clear cut chances. Thought Cove shaded the posession but the

Yes but that was to remove your changing rooms, the club house, the overgrown bushes and trees, the slope and the subs bench!

Just a joke CC.

Bushes and trees are not too bad!

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
Yes but that was to remove your changing rooms, the club house, the overgrown bushes and trees, the slope and the subs bench!
Just a joke CC.

Bushes and trees are not too bad!

Johnno does that mean you was on the bench or was you giving the ground a safety inspection?????

Wasnt on the bench or giving the ground the once over!

Although i was kind enough to hand Colliers Wood a 2-0 head start courtesy of a poor header back to my keeper and bad defending on my apart to allow there No 2 to out jump me from a corner!

I added the subs bench to my list cos i couldnt think of anything else!

Now now GP people from your club has been more than happy to band around "unconfirmed" figures re Chertsey's budget so you shouldn't really be surprised when 1 is fired back at you. Great bite though smile

Staines Lammas 3 Dorking 2

After the fairly routine victory in midweek over Warlingham, Dorking travelled to third placed Staines Lammas at the weekend in good spirits knowing that a Dorking victory would really put Chicks firmly among the promotion chasers in this league fixture. An eventful game saw Lammas just inch home ahead of Dorking to claim three points, but such are the number of games Dorking have in hand over those placed above them that manager Tony Webb will be emphasising to his players that although the defeat is a blow, it is not a terminal event and one which Chicks can overcome, starting on Saturday when Chicks entertain Coulsdon United to Meadowbank in a 3pm kick off.

Dorking had won the corresponding home fixture 1-0 earlier in the season courtesy of a great last gasp Alex Hill free kick, and this game was as eventful, as first Lammas surged into a 2-0 half time lead only to be pegged back by a Dorking side who finally came to life in the second period, Staines then gaining revenge for their late reverse at Meadowbank by claiming a winner 10 minutes from time.

Staines were definitely on top in the first half as Dorking struggled to get going in the mild spring like conditions which made watching football a positively pleasant experience after the seemingly weeks of bad weather that had preceded this game. Dorking seemed to be uneasy at crosses all afternoon, captain Roy Newman perhaps missing Scott Harrison as his centre back partner, and twice in a matter of minutes just after the half hour stage Staines struck to take a dominant half time lead. First on 31 minutes a cross deep into the Dorking box was headed home by Lodge, then ex Chick Ross Deacon headed home a free kick as the Dorking defence went AWOL

Webb obviously said a few choice words at half time as Dorking were a different side in the second half and although Staines could have extended their lead, Dorking now looked dangerous at the other end as Phil Page and Adie Butler began to use their pace to unsettle the home defence.

Just as Staines had scored two quick fire goals in the first half, Dorking did the same in the second half, as first Page

Originally Posted By: Green Pea
CT, where do you get your "FACTS"??? Our club have been complimentary of the progress Chertsey have made in recent months, including an interview from our manager in the non-league paper where the E&E counter-part slaughtered you. Not expecting you to show any respect and reciprocate but please show us the courtesy of not attributing your budget fantasies to our club, it just makes you look ignorant and stupid.

Our manager was a) misquoted and B) the remarks he made (ie he had a settled squad and paying a huge amount of money wouldn't improve it much) were taken out of context. It was very strange - a review of the CCL was a hashed up "everyone's jealous of Chertsey".

Anywho, I'd like to know the four clubs paying more than

Why is everyone so obsessed with the money these clubs are spending, so what if they speand that much money it clearly shows these players are not worth what their clubs are paying for them as they are not doing the job they have been paid for. If chertsey are paying conf south type wages they should be runaway leaders then if true BG should be second and so on. just shows how well some of the other clubs have done this year!

As for Camberley Town Fc....

Changing rooms - too small

Pitch slope - dont get me started!!

Stones in the pitch!!

Supporters/referees - way too fat and overweight!

Big slope on the pitch

Camberley Town centre - dead on a thursday night

Pitch - terrible slope

Stones in the pitch

Did i mention the slope??

Bit of a slope on the pitch!

Dont know what you're talking about Krooner!!