Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Results

Flint700

Staines Lammas 3-2 Dorking

A spring like afternoon in Laleham saw Lammas move up to second, although Chicks did come from 2 down to level the scores with 12 minutes remaining. Lammas were well on top in the first half, with Dorking restricted to occasional apperances in the opposing half. Lammas pressure finally paid off on 32 minutes as the no.11 met an inviting cross to put them one up. Just three minutes later, defender West conceded a free kick which was sent into the box and missed by the Chicks defence to allow the Lammas no.10 an easy goal for 2-0. Just before half time, Phil Page had a shot pushed away for a corner that came to nothing.

Second half and Dorking substituted Victor Donker for the injured Jones Bamfo. Staines again started well and could've added to their lead in the opening few moments. But then Dorking started to come much more into the game. On 58 minutes, Page turned and shot but the keeper got a foot to it. Adrian Butler scooped a shot over shortly after. Staines were still having chances, the no.11 blazed over from 5 yards out and was then put through one on one with a great ball that sliced through the Dorking defence. He rounded the keeper and pulled the ball back to the no.9 who completely missed the ball, which Chicks defence gratefully cleared.

Dorking were thrown a lifeline on 75 minutes when a low shot from Phil Page crept into the far corner. Two minutes later, Lammas conceded a free kick in a similar position from where they scored their second goal. Alex Hill and Donker stood over the ball, Donker eventually taking the kick which flew into the top left hand corner. 2-2. Could the Chicks now snatch victory? Well no, just two minutes later a great cross came into the Dorking penalty area and was lashed in to make it 3-2 as the Chicks defence all looked at each other in despair. In the final ten minutes there were more chances at both ends, Chicks keeper making 2 excellent saves but there were no further goals. Dorking slip to sixth and are left clutching the 'games in hand' straw......

Mole what are you on? There is only onepitch I have seen that is any good and that is NGU, quality! I hear Windsors is good too and Hartleys wasnt bad. Your comments are a disrespect to the VOLUNTEERS that run a non league club with no playing budget. In fact if you hadnt come down with your holier than thou Ryman attitude that you were too good to be there, you may have left without being played off the park. 6-1 would have been a fairer reflection. Get a decent team with a decent attitude and you may get back to where you play on decent pitches every week, our pitch has taken 2 games in 3 days and always suffers in the winter. You werent rubbish, you were outplayed and outfought. Face facts, you are a CCL side and based on today you will be for a while unless your lot fill the envelopes that they were handing out with more cash!

I'm not on about the state of the pitch, I'm more worried about the slant of it.

Could have been a different game if we weren't kicking up Mont Kilimanjaro for the second half!

The whole place looks like its falling apart... Especially your club house ceiling.

I have no holier than thou attitude, every other club has been a lot better than I thought they might have been before being relegated.

And you weren't great, you were good but we were rubbish. We stopped playing about a month ago for some reason. Only a few players playing at their maximum at the moment

Oh sorry Mole I forgot you were the only side to kick up hill! Big disadvantage that.

See how you get on on Camberleys slope.

You are right, compared to most our facilities are poor, as I said, the club is run by a small group of aging volunteers, you will have to excuse them, the ceiling came down on Wednesday, prior to beating Egham, who accepted it more graciously than yourself.

Didnt say we were great but we were compared to you lot and if your players stopped playing then maybe Molesey should stop paying them?

Some use having a ground and facilities to brag about and a team that cant beat a team who play for free dont you think?

Its easy to blame the ground mate!

Also like to mention Horley whose pitch is good! Lets hope the Moles win there???

Moles have already beat Horley 4-0 and drew with Camberley 3-3...

If the club is run by aging volunteers, maybe it's time your club tried to atrract some younger ones?

I agree that the players shouldn't get paid if they stop playing, but as for playing for free, most of our squad did that last year

I didn't realise the ceiling only came down on Wednesday, so I apologise for that.

My only question is why the ground was built halfway up the hill instead of on the flatter ground towards the bottom (at least it seemed flatter from where we were).

And I realise Molesey are likely to get stuck in this league, the commitee at the club made some huge errors as far as I know and now we don't have the budget to go much higher... Its depressing really since two years ago we had a great manager and a good squad and looked like we might start challenging to move up the leagues instead of down frown

Elf you arer right about your committee.. How you could let my mate Beko go is beyond me.. but in life you reap what you sew.....and your committee is now getting the harvest it deserves. If you had kept Beko you would have remained a good Ryman club..you didn't and now you are not. As for your team.. it is your choice to watch / be involved so if you are fed up go elsewhere.

As for slopes...Get on with it and stop moaning.

Sundance..you forgot Badshot Lea's pitch which is the only pitch that is better than Bedfont Green's in this league but good sides win on any pitch any condition look at Merstham last year and the Ashford side of a few years back...Enuf said.

Warlingham 3 Feltham 1

Day was a nightmare to say the least. Transport carrying 5 players (as we were short of cars due to late cryoffs) breaks down and no kit and only 8 players frown - Anyway 11 manage to get there for start using a spare kit but we should have started with 8 as they scored within 20 seconds (FREE HEADER) frown

Warlingham try to play (very good at moaning.....) and midget bloke (number 7 who is about 3 foot tall) could be world champion at it. To be fair we have a couple of whingers but jesus this guy is good.

We create a couple of chances and should be level before getting done by a good header from a corner (again unmarked). There keeper couldnt catch a cold first half but no one there to turn the ball in.

Second half we go down to ten men with our guy getting a second yellow for a good tackle as there 7 screams two footed (kent).

10 mins later our guys gets pushed in the box blatantly when about to head the ball home, kent (sorry ref) gives a free kick to them so our young winger comments thats sh*t. He gets a red for it frown so down to 9 men now.... They nick a third (another free header) before we start to run rings around them with 9.... honest.... we grabbed a consolation at the end and could have had another...

Worst thing about the ref was that he books/sends off our players for comments yet I can hear the 7 50 yards away going ref is kent, ref is sh*t etc (ref must be no more than 10-15 yards from him). Perhaps we upset him by being late and kicking off 15 mins later.

Won't miss not having to play them again - nice bunch of lads that they are NOT !!!!

I think Steve Beeks resigned when told he wasn't going to have any budget to spend for last season... What I wouldn't give to have that team back at Molesey!

And so you all know, the reason Molesey spend a lot of money on the club house is because its used as a social place... We make a lot if not most of our income through it because it is opened 7 days a week.

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK
In respect to the RPV ground comments. Yes it isn't the best in the world BUT come and play at some of the grounds in Div 1 and you will have cause to complain.

Sure BigJR and the Dorking boys can vouch for that.

Big JR doesn't do 'aways'! Only managed to get to Frimley, Coulsdon and Staines this year although i've been to Farnham and Mole Valley in the past. All fairly basic it must be said. Staines have a nice clubhouse though.

I can only imagine Elfie suffering heart failure if he had to visit the old Feltham Arena!! wink

like I said you reap what you sew.. A fairly small budget and you stay in the Ryman with Beko and the team. A slightly smaller one and you have neither..

Short sighted at the very best....

Thanks for that TRS.

I usually attend matches at Meadowbank when DFC are playing away, partly in my official capacity within the club, and to lend a hand when needed.

On that note, I sincerley trust that the worriying neck/head injury sustained by a Hartley Witney player just before the end of yesterdays match against Bookham is not too serious and that he is home well again soon from the East Surrey Hospital.

It was very nice to chat to the very friendly officials from HW yesterday afternoon. I trust they enjoyed their visit to the hallowed turf of Meadowbank, even if the day ended on a somewhat sour note.

Finally got what we deserved for the football we played. Not to say if Banstead had put their earlier chances away it could have been all so very different. However we also had plenty of chances to score but just didnt have the luck in front of goal. Finally got the 1st on 70mins & then after that the floodgates opened. Lets hope its the start of a run off results that we need to get away from the wrong end off the table. Did get several injuries which hopefully will clear up for this tuesdays game

Originally Posted By: Weeble
like I said you reap what you sew.. A fairly small budget and you stay in the Ryman with Beko and the team. A slightly smaller one and you have neither..

Short sighted at the very best....

I'm pretty sure that with last years budget Beeks would have kept us up... Or at least have had a go at it compared to what actually happened last year.

I said at the start of the season if we don't get promoted in 2-3 years then we may have to wait a very long time for it to ever happen

Wacko.. When I played for Feltham in the Ryman it was a nightmare when it was windy as you had to chase the ball for a free kick and for a penalty and goal kicks you had to either get a handfull of sand or get your team mate to put their finger on the ball..

The sand cuts on your forehead were great and as for the carpet burns on tackles..wonderful..

Mind you.. it was flat and the groundsman never had to put much petrol in the lawnmower...

Chertsey 2-1 Cove

1st Chertsey goal was after 5 minutes with some poor defending. Cove scored the equaliser but then gave away a very sloppy goal with a header back towards the keeper that never made it. This allowed Chertsey to go in at half time 2-1 up.

2nd half was generally even but neither team really made any clear cut chances. Thought Cove shaded the posession but the