Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC vs Boreham Wood - LIVE COMMENTARY ....

Wellsie

Proud of the lads today. Held our own in the first half and Kenny was unlucky with an acrobatic shot in the six yard box.

Totally outclassed BW in the second half and each and every one of them contributed. Luke made a crucial goal line clearance quite early on and from then we never looked back. Dan Young's header was the catalyst for the players to settle down and wave upon wave of attacking play followed. Pleased for Joe to get his first goal. What a finish.

Great atmosphere around the ground today. Beating a team in 10th so convincingly shows how close the majority of the league is.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Even first half, both teams deserved to be level at half-time. Thought we looked much better as soon as Kenny came on. Then in the second half we were much better than them. As soon as Youngy scored, I felt confident we would hold on for the win and, even when BW 'scored', I still felt confident enough that we would secure all three points.... it certainly was a strange feeling!!

But, on the whole, it was a very good team performance, we could have even scored more, and I thought our defence looked very good today. The three centre-backs were absolutely superb today, and a special mention must go to Wheatley; for such a young lad, he really is a class act. Other results went our way too, so good day all round.

Onwards and upwards to Wealdstone; here's to another three points!

it was a fantastic performance. everyone put in 100% yesterday and that win was thoroughly deserved. i thought McGibbon looked good when he came on, as did Kenny. Stubbs again was going for everything...

i would just like to point out that we are level with Dover in 2nd place in February's form table!! i think that in itself is a compliment to how well the team is playing right now and how much they want to survive the drop

Well done to all the lads. Joe's goal was a cracker, wasn't it?

I thought Kenny had an excellent game. Good positive attitude, won the ball well, turned his marker, chased everything. And (correct me if I'm wrong) wasn't it Kenny whose quick thinking on the free kick set Joe up for his goal?

Timing, timing, timing. Second home game in a row where we have scored just after half-time after a difficult first half. Like Tooting, I think BW were rocked on their heels and they just didn't show enough grit to get back into the game. In the end a comfortable win.

Ten points from the last five games - keep that going and we'll be OK. A few weeks ago I marked down seven must-win games. So far we have achieved the first two (Tooting and BW) and the draw at Hastings was a bonus point.

I had not marked down any of the next three matches (Wealdstone, Canvey and Dartford) as 'must-win' so anything we get from those will be a bonus as far as I am concerned.

And good to see SCS return from wherever he has been.

Was told on BBC Wales a week Friday (6th March). Not sure of time at the moment will check with my family in Wales. Believe those of you with Sky can pick BBC Wales up on that.