Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC vs Boreham Wood - LIVE COMMENTARY ....

Wellsie

The main talking point would be their goal. Just after we pass 300 minutes without conceding at home they have a goal awarded by a linesman on the far side who said that, even though he had to look through a crowd of players, decided the ball was over the line.

From where I was sitting Pat was in front of the line for both sides so there was no way it could have gone in.

However, while still discussing this I look up just in time to see Healy rifle the ball home.

Poor first half. Boreham were well organised and frustrated us but created very little.

Second half we really took it to them and were by far the better side.

Unbeaten in three, won three in a row at home. Is it too late to make the play-offs?

The goal that never was...but was,(if you get my meaning).

First hand info from those at that end & from behind the goal was that the ball was nowhere near the line they say let alone over it. Even one of their supporters said it was a short of the line by quite a way( well at least 6 inches short he said).

No matter,justice was seen to be done a minute later with a scorcher from Joe Healey & how he has deserved a goal.Decisions like that can turn results around but luckily for us today wasn't one of those days.

As far as I could see none of the few b/w fans at that end celebrated a goal and they were nearer and were very quiet, wonder if anyone has a picture. academic now, justice prevailed with the goal from Joe Healy a minute later.

Originally Posted By: Steve B
a goal awarded by a linesman on the far side who said that, even though he had to look through a crowd of players, decided the ball was over the line.

From where I was sitting Pat was in front of the line for both sides so there was no way it could have gone in.

Well what can I say apart from well done the blues, second half we took the game to them and they couldnt handle us. Well deserved three points and may it continue. Spoke to Di Yorath after the game and he reckons Liam harwood wants to stay at Margate, along with some other notable players, lets hope so peeps, onwards and UPWARDS eh....

Very good all round performace particularly second half no one outstanding I didnt think but all performed with great credit. We are now looking better then teams above us in the league, I hope it continues.

Attendance of 453, fantastic crowd all things considered, and must add that it again felt positive all around the ground, also thought the choir were good today. Nothing to do with the cameras ?

Have to comment on the atmosphere today as well. It was really good to hear the choir so loud and the feeling of optimism around the ground. I was sat in the stand and it really came across well. Going for a third game unbeaten run and the BBC cameras there it could have gone so wrong. But the players again showed great character and there appears to be a real confidence in the team now. It was also good to hear the crowds appreciation as Ryan Peters walked past them. What a difference a few weeks make. Players are now confident to have a go at goal which has been lacking in earlier matches. All three goals were well taken today. I think that there was a bit of a reality check after the Ramsgate match, but how they have responded.