Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weekend Fixtures. Who will be on ?

Krooner

I hope someone helped him off the pitch Weeble. Its not easy to walk off the pitch with a broken ankle!

Its the part of the game i detest. I dont mind a physical encounter with players using their body or tackling very hard. I cant stand elbows being used or players kicking out or stamping on players feet behind the refs back. As you said, its very cowardly. There is no place in football for it. I wouldnt, but if i ever did injure someone badly on purpose then i dont think i could look at myself in the mirror.

I'm all for a physical game. I do Judo. I'm used to contact. But there has to be a line drawn. I broke a bone in my ankle against Horley at the end of November from a tackle. The tackle was poor but no intent to injure me. Thats when you can accept it.

I can assure you he walked off with a broken ankle as he was that brassed off he did'nt want any help,and was out for 3 to 4 months... When I was a player,at Ashford, ( before I found burgers Duncs..got in before you...lol...) I broke my leg in a challenge with a keeper, he came out a bit high but there was no intent.I had no ill feelings towards him but when we plyed them after I had recovered the next season I gave him a gentle reminder of what he had done. I feel I have to agree with all that you have said JJ regarding elbows, stamping, and two footed tackles off the ground. I do feel however the game is becoming soft as refs and officials seem to not want good whole hearted tackles to be made. Shoulder barges ( not onion bargees Duncs ) are penalised nearly all the time and I feel that the cheating element of the game, diving and trying to get players sent off and my worst hate of all spitting is along side elbows and stamping in my book.

I look forward to having a conversation one day, perhaps when I come over to Cove one thursday and watch your youth with my mate Toggy.

Division One

Chobham v CB Hounslow United OFF

Crescent Rovers v Frimley Green

Farleigh Rovers v Farnham Town

Feltham v South Park OFF

Knaphill v Westfield OFF

Mole Valley SCR v Warlingham ON

Sheerwater v Coulsdon United OFF

***Knaphill vs Westfield is not OFF...yet, it is subject to overnight weather and a pitch inspection at 10.30am, not sure why someone thought it was off?***

Trentie - If you read the whole message it said predictions.

Duncs - I hope you were not suggesting it was me eating burgers !!

Weebs - Shoulder charges are interesting. Done shoulder to shoulder when the ball is in attendance is ok. In hthe back or when the ball is 15 yards away are not. Also can I just say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Kroons I didn't mean you,but now you mention it yes you as well you fat little fecker,and Weebs I must have played against you either for Ash,Hartley,Sandhurst or Frimley Green I used to have some good battles with the Ashford defenders as I was a nasty little kent

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Bookham v Wembley is on

I'll be there as there is a nasty rumour that an ex DFC and Wombley player may JUST attend, which means I'll have to plump up a cushion for him !

Originally Posted By: duncs
Kroons I didn't mean you,but now you mention it yes you as well you fat little fecker,and Weebs I must have played against you either for Ash,Hartley,Sandhurst or Frimley Green I used to have some good battles with the Ashford defenders as I was a nasty little kent

Me too...Short,long hair curly horrible little man ( and thats was the opinion of my own players)
Did you play against Jim Hagarty the big Irish lad.. Paul Burgess the keeper is still in goal now for Ashford, Quality and you must have played against him.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Trentie - If you read the whole message it said predictions.

Duncs - I hope you were not suggesting it was me eating burgers !!

Weebs - Shoulder charges are interesting. Done shoulder to shoulder when the ball is in attendance is ok. In hthe back or when the ball is 15 yards away are not. Also can I just say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Brick built mine mate..you must have been refering to JJ.

I know it goes on at all clubs but personal opinion is I detest it. Also.. Keep your eye on the Shoulder barge over the next few weeks as I will and we can have a chat about them.

Enjoy the theatre.

I rep'd the league side also ...what year did you mate and yes Nathan went on to manage them and now is manager of Staines Lamas.

I was in it when it when the old Chipstead manager picked it and Peppard were quality..played up front with jacko from Peppard for the league. I do remember the Dan air league as a few of my mates won it with BAE Weybridge and were always trying to get me to leave Walton and Hersham to play with them.