Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Updates

Chris1

Originally Posted By: bigtw
Originally Posted By: Joseba
Margate Benchwarmers 0 - o Ashford (kent) Abandoned half time.

Sometimes Joseba you really are a complete Pr-ck

Did not see you there this afternoon Tony otherwise I would have said hello. The only thing that suprised me was how did the game last for 45 minutes in those conditions.

PS I must say I was impressed with David Cory who has come on a lot since he played for Margate.

To go 2-0 down to Leyton was pretty embarrasing and we deserved our goal just before half time and maybe could have got the equaliser. I noticed that for about 30 mins of the game there was little communication between our players, whilst the Leyton players were encouraging eachother and talking constantly. Once we equalised their heads dropped and we just starting playing for fun and probably could have a got a couple of more goals as could have Leyton.

I thought that when Smith got sent off the ref should have given it our way, as although their attacker was pulled back he ran a couple of yards into the box with before deciding he had been fouled, which if that isn't simulation that i don't what is.

Ironically when Ryan Peters went up front we looked so much better going forward and Peters looked a different class out there when playing high up. A request to Trott please start Peters on the wing at least and give Corbishly a proper chance.

However we got the 3 points which is the main thing, but we need to be tighter in defence and communicate a lot more.

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
can someone kindly post todays team and subs please

SCS
Peters
Joseph
Martin (Young after Smith sending off)
Smith (Sent off)
Trott
McKimm
Morris (Quain half time)
Pinnock
Haworth
Jackson

Subs
Corbishley
Eastwood
Young
Quain

Think I got the subs right.

Originally Posted By: Tony_T
Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
Hard earned win at Ramsgate with the spine of the team missing,Ollie,Lee Minshull,Stuart Vahid,but local park player Sam Jones making his 2nd start scored 2,for a 3-2 win

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thats whats Gate's defence were like in the first half against Leyton the amount of goals you have conceded is unacceptable if you ask me Trotty is doing a fine job for you.

Sam JONES the future of Thanet Football playing Sunday League up Jackie Bakers on Sunday Mornings a real gem.
Local lad in front of 1500 odd at Chelmsford was Rams MOM and against Hornets 2 goals is a really neat footballer great potential.

Just to add a comment about Radio Kent here.

15 minutes AFTER Lloyd phoned through with an update to say we were 4 2 up they were still anouncing that the score was 2 1 to Leyton!!!

Where do they get their scores from and why dont they ring the grounds where Kent clubs are playing to get correct scores?

Right, it's pretty simple. We can't defend, I'm pretty sure we all know that and have just resigned ourselves to it. We are better when we are going forward; personally, I don't think there's many teams at this level who can contain us when we play at our best when going forward.

Therefore, why not play to our strengths? In the short time that Peters played forward and we were playing 3-4-3, we were creating chances at will (albeit against a weak team). Why not just start with a 3-4-3 formation? Granted, we might concede four, but let's face it, we look like conceding four when we play 4-4-2. But with a more attacking formation, we could well score six!

And for Pete's sake (excuse the pun), play Peters further up the pitch!