Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How about this one - more booze for the ????

Originally Posted By: MrMushroom
EPA - Ebbsfleet Pale Ale

OK, so I'm showing my age.

How are you showing your age? Pale ale is the dominant force in the real ale market at the moment with pales having won Champion Beer of Britain the past three years on the trot.

I'm involved in the ale industry and I haven't heard great stuff about the quality of Hadley's Ales. A better bet for a custom brew would be Custom Ales in Sussex or, keeping it local-ish, the Meantime Brewery in (mighty) Charlton. The latter is widely regarded as the best micro-brewery in the world at the moment (it recently won World Beer of the Year 2008).

Originally Posted By: clowntown
Originally Posted By: MrMushroom
EPA - Ebbsfleet Pale Ale

OK, so I'm showing my age.

How are you showing your age? Pale ale is the dominant force in the real ale market at the moment with pales having won Champion Beer of Britain the past three years on the trot.

I'm involved in the ale industry and I haven't heard great stuff about the quality of Hadley's Ales. A better bet for a custom brew would be Custom Ales in Sussex or, keeping it local-ish, the Meantime Brewery in (mighty) Charlton. The latter is widely regarded as the best micro-brewery in the world at the moment (it recently won World Beer of the Year 2008).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What is happening?

This is as bad as the time Chatham Gary & Harry J were found in that cheap hotel in Brighton together - or did I just dream that one?

I actually agree with everything you say, Coco, as a sad real ale farty myself - except that I believe The Meantime Brewery promotes itself as located in Greenwich, not Charlton. Are they telling porkies for the sake of image?

EC

Originally Posted By: Unrecognized Genius
I believe The Meantime Brewery promotes itself as located in Greenwich, not Charlton. Are they telling porkies for the sake of image?

Most of their marketing was aimed overseas initially and Greenwich ('cause of time and that) is probably more widely recognised than Charlton (despite the best efforts of the mighty CAFC). They call it the Greenwich Brewery but it is most definitely in Charlton SE7, a couple of mins walk North of the Valley.

Brewery is the building under the arrow on this map. *nods*

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=541535&y=178924&z=0&sv=SE7%208RX&st=PostCode&lu=N&tl=We+Are+Here&ar=y&bi=~&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

They are amenable to football custom brews. They offered to make special ale in plastic rather than glass bottles for sale at the Valley but our idiot commercial department said no leaving us with the usual choice of Fosters swill or John Smiths swill frown

Originally Posted By: clowntown

They are amenable to football custom brews. They offered to make special ale in plastic rather than glass bottles for sale at the Valley but our idiot commercial department said no leaving us with the usual choice of Fosters swill or John Smiths swill.

Unfortunately, now the Spandau Ballet geezer has offered, I guess we'll be going with him. You are right about your idiot Commercial Dept. They really market your facilities well for training courses, firms' parties etc, then when you turn up, all they have to offer for the beer drinker are the 2 grossest concoctions on the planet. We have our Christmas party there every year & a group of us always arrive when everyone else is on their starter because we've been sampling some decent ale in the Union Bar & the Richard I and somehow the lure of tasteless Australian lager or sterilised, creamed up bile water cannot get us to leave on time.

PS Having read the beer thread on the MyFC site, I have cracked your identity on there.

EC