Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another sub standard referee

Originally Posted By: ahsatan
compared to Ronnie bull ! My gran would slot back straight away !

Are not the newer members of the squad i.e. Hearn, Bull & Charles ineligible to play in the Trophy in any case ? ( or Ahsatan's gran for that matter !) ?

I didn't see the match therefore I cannot comment about any of the incidents however I would just like to make the following general points.

(a)By the Laws the half time whistle is determined by time, not by where the ball is or who is attacking. There have been instances of the referee blowing for time when the ball is on its way into the net!!

(b)Everybody expects the referee to have a faultless game, how many players get through a game without making any mistakes? In addition everybody from time to time has a bad day when nothing seems to go right. The same referee could play a blinder the following week and have a 'good game'

© The Laws state that handball must be intentional, the fact that the ball comes into contact with the hand is not the point. Unfortunately too many freekicks are given for handball when in fact the offending player has absolutely no chance of avoiding the ball and has no intention of handling it.

All I am suggesting is that refereeing is not an easy task and that we should be a little more tolerant towards them.

I have said this is this forum before:

You will not get "better referees in the future" because the referees you get are those that have started on the park pitches (as they all do) and have worked their way up to Conference level over several years as a result of assessors marks and comments (usually by previous referees) and more importantly from marks issued by the clubs after each match. The referees you get have therefore received good enough marks to be where they are and are probably on their way up to higher things! The referees that are allocated to the matches are from a list of suitable referees for this level so you cannot get any better. I still say that you cannot expect any individual in whatever job to be perfect 100% of the time.