Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Halifax tonight.

Well it certainly wasn't great. Especially compared to Tueday. Thought we were comfortable for the first 30mins and felt we would go on and win the game until Sasha had one of his moments. No argument for me 2 footed, off the ground and studs showing, the other guy not 2 footed not off the ground and I didnt see his studs. Even with 10 men I thought we could have got something out of it, they had an aging centre half and a lad in goal who looked very dodgy. However I can't recall him making a save. We appeard to be content to defend rather than going forward in any numbers, kicking the ball away rather than trying to retain possesion. Didn't think Bull covered himself in glory when he came on and was a bit mystified as to why Long came off.

Having said all that and despite recent results Halifax have only lost 4 games at home so no mugs and whilst I begrudge them the win I wouldn't like to see them relegated as a result of their deduction.

Watching the Fleet on the tele is such a weird experience.

Luke Moore should have done better.

Sacha was a definite red card. He even gave the Halifax player a little rap on the head after the event.

Great save from Lance for the penalty. Shame that we weren't given ours.

When can I start picking the team?

Originally Posted By: Santa
No argument for me 2 footed, off the ground and studs showing, the other guy not 2 footed not off the ground and I didnt see his studs.

You wouldn't have seen "his studs" due to the camera angle, unless you were at the game, then you wouldn't have seen any of it most probably !

The guy ( Griffiths ?), who was the same one that "saved it" I think, looked like he would never walk again......great what the magic sponge can do a ? Running around like a 3 year old ( with equivalent skill !) 1 minute later !!

Of course it wasn't as good as the Aldershot game....such great games only come round every couple of years or so !

I still think we wuz robbed Brian !!! Bet Mr Heslop ( Porridge ?)won't hit a sweeter shot for a while....just as well it bobbled !!

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Luke Moore should have done better.

My feelings exactly...he should have scored when he was through and clear and he backed away from a number of 50/50 balls.

Tough game to watch... "the referee's a w------" never rang more true than Thursday night.

We hung out in Halifax an extra day and were going to make our way to today's match, but came back South when we heard. I'm thinking we may not be very good luck for the Fleet. Two draws, a loss, and a postponement for our four matches, but the experience turned Brenden into a complete Fleet fan. He was completely disappointed we couldn't see today's match, and to be honest, he didn't care much one way or the other before this trip.

We fly home Monday, but I'm still planning to return for May 10.

I take my hat off to you for taking the trouble to make the journey over. Apart from the football ( you've got to be there to experience the highs & lows & more lows !), trust you enjoyed the rest of your stay ?

Let's hope Wembley will be your ( and mine !) zenith of the season.

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: rsheard
We hung out in Halifax an extra day and were going to make our way to today's match, but came back South when we heard. I'm thinking we may not be very good luck for the Fleet. Two draws, a loss, and a postponement for our four matches, but the experience turned Brenden into a complete Fleet fan. He was completely disappointed we couldn't see today's match, and to be honest, he didn't care much one way or the other before this trip.

We fly home Monday, but I'm still planning to return for May 10.

Au Contraire, you were lucky enough to see one of our best games in ages on Tuesday. Why do we only evr play well against Aldershot?

Originally Posted By: rsheard
Hirsty, yes indeed, we enjoyed it. Not my first trip to England, but it was my son's. Neither of us will forget the details soon, and looking forward to coming back in a few weeks. (I am NOT taking any phone calls from my banker in the meantime.)

Alan Greenspan stated on the Today show: The dollar drops another twenty Cents, every time rsheard is seen aproaching the banks front door! wink laugh

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Alan Greenspan stated on the Today show: The dollar drops another twenty Cents, every time rsheard is seen aproaching the banks front door! wink laugh

The last time Greenspan spoke of "irrational exuberance," it cost me a bloody fortune too blush