Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Halifax tonight.

Originally Posted By: GillOrient
The ref is a total homer! How come Sasha got a red (and we can't really argue) and their player only got a yellow for a very late tackle?
Oh, the ref is from Yorkshire!

If Sacha deserved to be sent of that Halfiax player most definitely deserve to go aswell. That ref should be refing Sunday League football.

The ref is from Glasgow originally but now is based in Yorkshire.

not a good game and not a good ebbs performance to be frank compounded by the madness of sachas two footed lunge...(super player but too much red mist for me)....

perhaps a blessing in disguise as the play offs disappear for good and all that matters is the bigyun....more time for the gaffer (sorry 30,000 moonies grin ) to plan the great trophy plunder...

halifax are a biggish club and too much so for conf sarf so in a way I am pleased that they got the points and its nice to see our old antagonists from weymouth sliding back to where they belong...(yes we all harbour NL grudges)...

good to see you guys getting the tv exposure as well which I guess is a by product of MyFc media lobbying so its not all bad with them...

Originally Posted By: thatguy
nice to see daish is not a publicity loving manager.

oh I'm not so sure about that..Liam likes an interview...they all do....grin

personally I thought he was a little churlish tonight as the replays show that there were TWO handballs not given and one soft penalty appeal that was and that was saved....

the sending off was due to sacha's studs going up two footed right in front of the ref....the halifax player may well have gone had the ref been the other side....it evens itself out and how many cards has sacha had this year...?

don't think anyone can complain too much...poor game on a poor pitch and halifax had more to lose than you guys did...

the most important thing is the trophy and no doubt Liam will get the players up for that and I fancy you'll do it...

Listened on the lap top and had BBC Live Text running, too. According to BBC, McPhee was booked twice, but didn't get sent off. Please explain.

Just checked BBC Live Text again to make sure. McPhee booked 45:00 min for dissent and booked again 88:30, also for dissent??

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
pitch is total sh1te and the little grassy terraced knoll on the left of the screen is great....I wonder if there are any snipers in the mobile toilets to the left of it... grin

Thought the Stonebridge Road pitch looked superb on Tuesday. Perhaps the Halifax groundsman would care to come and talk to Peter Norton who I'm sure could teach him a thing ot two.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
How many shots did we have on target?

WE WERE CRAP.

Well done for the effort though, and I mean that.

I wouldn't say that we were crap ! There was some good one touch approach play that was not capitalised on by the forwards.

Nade ( when he came on ) kept jumping for McPhee's long throws but, regretfully, he was jumping nowhere near where the ball was & Luke did not take the few chances that came his way. McPhee played ok but if I was manager ( oooh...now there's an idea grin) I would want my forwards up front all the time. I think McPhee tried, or was asked, to do too much tracking back. Oh well, it a game of opinions Brian !

Come back soon Big John !!

Cheers,