Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Questions.

BlueGate Alan

Some good answers from RT.

I do agree we have some very talented young keepers. I don't think there is a need to go out shopping for a keeper in the summer. We have Scott, Matt Lamprell, Matt Bowles and Alex Krunic. Obviously Alex is only young at the moment. I reckon Matt Lamprell deserves his chance, possibly in one of the final games of the season. He performed well for the Reserves against Ramsgate.

You are almost making the goalkeeper a second class citizen here aren't you?

I believe that RT was absolutely spot on regarding his goalkeeping comments, in fact my view has always been that we need to have two goalkeepers challenging for a place. And I am aware that budgets could come in to the equation.

How often do you hear the same statement made re outfield players, it's the squad system.

I also think that he has been very fair concerning the statements concerning the goalkeepers we currently have and the statement re dedication says it all.

Trotty did say the young keepers will get there chance too to be fair to him, as I thought I had typed??? They just need to show dedication to the job as I believe Lamprell already does IMO.

I think he was just putting over the point that last season both goalies were kept on their toes by each other which he felt hasn't happened this season. Scott is still on contract next season but I too would like someone like Lamprell given games too at some stage.

I know you are Tony, have know you long enough by now. Regarding the stirring of tea, depends on how crap the ref has been grin

Best bit of news from above is that SCS is on contract for next season.

He may not be the world's best- but as good as they get for this league imo .

Based on that- i have revised my current prediction for next season from 18th to 17th .

which is

Robin also asked me to tell the fans that despite what they have heard about playing budgets he can assure them that his was amongst the lower end in this league this season as he is aware of others.

Well that explains Trotty remarks re fundamental chances next season then in team, can't see many of the players who are there staying now.